Dilemma: Searching For a Driving Pleasure Oriented Car

Thread Starter #31
Have driven an Accent. Its a great car no doubt. But the ones available is the 1.5 lt SOHC. I wud definately have got one if i had either the 1.5 Crdi or the 1.6 DOHC. But neither is available now. Loved the Viva.

Debayan if you like the Accent CRDI then why don't you get a used one? I am sure it must not be that difficult to find a fairly maintained one. And its available at a good price too which is affordable.

No definitely not but a very capable performer which is also his requirement. With some modifications to the suspension the Accent can be made into a driver oriented car.

BTW i suggested Accent only because he said in his previous post he is okay with an Accent CRDI.

Thread Starter #35
Found a SRV at last. Saw the car yesterday. Its in Chennai. Pathetic condition. The engine compartment looks like it hasnt been cleaned ever. Oil leaks all over the place. But a sound body. Even the suspension felt will last a few more K's. Initially had planned if i could get it anywhere near 1.5-2, will spend the rest in a engine swap. But the damned guy says 4.5!!. With that state of a car!!

Thread Starter #39
the liva??? No way. nowhere does it cut into my requirements. Failing to get a good car, ive started working on the 800. will get a new thread up and running soon.

zengetz

Suspended
Dude, you can consider the old 1.6 Opel corsa - amazing power ~80+ bhp, SUPERB handling. You can pick one up for around 1.25 and get some work done. Mind it tho Opel spares even found would be very expensive but nonetheless this is a superb car - unlimited revving too.

The car is also very performance mod friendly - give it a thought.

Hope this helps

Avi

350Z

Core Team
My humble opinion – Please stay away from phased out Opels and Daewoos. You can sure manage to buy one of them for dirt cheap prices but when it comes to maintenance and up keep, it is not going to be a joyful experience. Moreover, it is difficult to find well kept Opels these days. Plus, their re-sale value will be absolutely nothing. And speaking on a personal note, I never liked the looks of this particular model. You can better do away with a Lancer or OHC in this much price point.

Drive safe,
350Z

zengetz

Suspended
Agreed 350Z, thats what I also cautioned about the cost of spares and keeping it up. I have driven this car and I had never know that this was a wolf in a sheepskin ready to kill !

But again, since we had so many choices mentioned here - just my 2 cents too :)

[;)]Looks like we have a hardcore Toyota Etios Fan in here!
Not a fan of Etios but Toyota for sure. Etios and Liva are VFM cars when ownership costs include A.S.S labour and spare parts. Moreover 'T' badge itself is a pleasure to mind :cool:

AMG

Suspended
Vivian, Why are you so obsessed with Toyota?

@ Thread Starter

Look for a used Lancer/Cedia/Getz/swift and mod them.

Total fun.

Top Bottom