Dilemma: Searching For a Driving Pleasure Oriented Car

There is only one car as per your requirement - Lancer
Get the good old one and put on some modes as you like.

@racerdabba dude you checked alto K10??
If there is a fun aliment in you quote then it is ok otherwise if you compare K10 with the cars he is considering or type of cars he is considering are completely different.

@racerdabba,

How about a used or pre-owned ikon 1.6, Fiesta 1.6 sports ? Have you consider them !

See if you think none of the present cars will be going to fulfill your requirements on the ground of performance solely. Then go for a used car and modify as per your needs. Then you will get performance as well as exclusivity with it.

Linea T-Jet is something you should try, just for the sake of it and share your views on that. [thumbsup]

The involving cars are all dead.
Lets pray for them.
I would like to correct it as "The involving cars are all dying.
Lets pray for them.
as long as fiat has punto90hp in its stable.[clap]
I agree it is not rev machine in stock condition but tweaked for fuel economy but if you have disposible money in your pocket then Remap the ECU,FFE, AIR, billestine.
you can squeeze out 106+ bhp and loads of fun.

Thread Starter #21
The alto K10's performance is peanuts compared to my turbo 800. I'll b benchmarking against it. It used eat anything upto the city. Now im on the lookout for a used lancer. Ilango has inspired me quite a bit. Have driven the punto90. Didnt evoke the feelings too well. Linea Tjet is way out. The balenos ive seen here are in pathetic conditions. So are the ikons. Let me see what i can find.

The alto K10's performance is peanuts compared to my turbo 800. I'll b benchmarking against it. It used eat anything upto the city. Now im on the lookout for a used lancer. Ilango has inspired me quite a bit. Have driven the punto90. Didnt evoke the feelings too well. Linea Tjet is way out. The balenos ive seen here are in pathetic conditions. So are the ikons. Let me see what i can find.
Guess you are comparing the standard K10 with your modded 800. If you put the rest of the budget into serious mods on the K10, it can smoke the 800. Or you can get an old Zen modded by someone like Philippos Matthai, the rallyist and tuner from Delhi. Just check out the video of his Zen GTi a.k.a the Widow maker.Zen GTi | Steeroids.in | - YouTube

Thats the whole story about the Zen: Zen GTi with a Heavy Dose of “Steeroids”

Debayan i fully understand your feelings! From what i have seen so far from you , you are one real performance enthusiast! May i know your budget buddy?

I guess you are looking to buy cheaply and do some serious modifications.

From what i see in your above post i think only Lancer should suit your needs.

Just one suggestion , since you are a bit familiar with Chennai now , why don't you a try Lancer or Baleno here and then get it back to your place? I am sure you will be getting a bit more options around here. Yes it involves a bit of paper work and re-registration but i feel you will be getting more options around here.

Thread Starter #25
Guess you are comparing the standard K10 with your modded 800. If you put the rest of the budget into serious mods on the K10, it can smoke the 800. Or you can get an old Zen modded by someone like Philippos Matthai, the rallyist and tuner from Delhi. Just check out the video of his Zen GTi a.k.a the Widow maker.

Thats the whole story about the Zen:
Thanks for the suggestion. I know about Speed Sports. But the modding is the whole point. I am modding my 800 only because i cannot buy a fast car off the shelf. If i have to mod, i'm too happy with my present steed.

Just out of curiosity - your turbo 800 whats the output ?
Never Dynoed it, but should be around 60.[evil]

Debayan i fully understand your feelings! From what i have seen so far from you , you are one real performance enthusiast! May i know your budget buddy?

I guess you are looking to buy cheaply and do some serious modifications.

From what i see in your above post i think only Lancer should suit your needs.

Just one suggestion , since you are a bit familiar with Chennai now , why don't you a try Lancer or Baleno here and then get it back to your place? I am sure you will be getting a bit more options around here. Yes it involves a bit of paper work and re-registration but i feel you will be getting more options around here.
I have given it a thought, and may be will hit chennai for some parts.[clap]

Thread Starter #26
Im on the lookout for a Chevy SRV. guys need ur help in finding me one. Its a very rare car and looks the part. Handling and Engine both are awesome. drove one recently.

This is the SRV
srv_ex_main1.jpg

Or maybe GM can Bring this in. The cruze hatch!!
Chevy-Cruze-Hatch-Show-Car-1024x578.png

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #29
OHC VTEC.[:)]
I meant Old Honda City.
Thanks for the suggestion. Ive scourged the entire area for "clean" Ohc's. Couldnt find a 1.5, leave alone a vtec. Still searching. Many repairable cars are there, but i need one that will not eat up my pocket yet give decent performance, and i dont intend to soup it up in the near future, I'm already working on my 800. Lets see what i can find.

Racerdabba, ever wondered about the good ol' Hyundai Accent. The design and the car itself is dated, but still looks good with those clean lines and not too flashy neither contemprory like Honda City or a Corolla Altis etc. Accent in New Delhi costs around Rs. 5.4 Lacs OTR and comes with bare minimum electronics viz. power windows, power dorr locks, A/C, ICE. Stuff like power mirror, sun-roof, ACC, ABS etc are however non-existent. With Hyundai pan-India service network and accent's reliability and decent fuel efficiency, one should not go wrong with it. The only grouse being that it was launched close to 10 years back. But with the price it is being offered at, it's a good buy. Reccomand you to take a test drive.

Top Bottom