Dilemma in Buying Tata Nexon Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

I am from Bangalore and I had 2014 model of Ford Figo Diesel. lately, after crossing 1L KM's my car started giving minor issues, and also my known mechanics at FASS left the service center so I sold the car last month.

I have decided to buy a new car with max budget of 15L and shortlisted Tata Nexon Diesel. however, everyone warns me about DPF issues which we are seeing in most of the diesel cars. My usage is mostly on highway ( 1000 KMs per month).

Can you guys comment about buying diesel nexon? Also since it is quite old car i am not sure whether buying at this time is good option or not.

Thanks,
Naduthota

I think the DPF issues has been mostly an issue in Mahindra, Toyota and Kia/Hyundai cars. I have not heard anything that is alarming with TATA diesels or Ford diesels for that matter (Endeavour BS6). I think the Nexon is a very formidable choice (especially in Diesel) in the current market.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Dear All,

I am from Bangalore and I had 2014 model of Ford Figo Diesel.I have decided to buy a new car with max budget of 15L and shortlisted Tata Nexon Diesel. however, everyone warns me about DPF issues which we are seeing in most of the diesel cars.
I am an owner of Tata Nexon Diesel BS4 from the very first batch. You can have a look here . Its a very- very good car BUT only in BS4 diesel avatar
I recommend you to stay away from all BS6 diesels, not only Nexon. Too much pain in the a**. Buy a petrol instead.

I think the DPF issues has been mostly an issue in Mahindra, Toyota and Kia/Hyundai cars. I have not heard anything that is alarming with Ford diesels for that matter.
I am very surprised the you have not heard about the pure hell all BS6 EcoSport owners are going through for no fault of theirs . Its all over the net, and other forums. Ford launched that in a hurry

Last edited:

Top Bottom