Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge

Thread Starter #3
no meter is gonna give accurate results man.
Agreed. Even the different machines in the Petrol Pumps aren't accurate or at times shows totally a different figures. I am surely compromised with slight variations.

buy from trusted sellers only..
Thats the big question... Who are they? Do you know any?

how much are they charging??
I guess, few hundreds. Ranges from 200 - 1000 or something. Not sure of the exact figure. But sure that it is not too much to afford for this purpose.

Attachments

When I went for shopping a Tyre Pressure Gauge, I've found lots of Analogue Pressure Gauges with the prices ranging from Rs.200-800. I got confused since the dealer blatantly told me that the costlier one is more precise !

If the Rs.200 Analogue Pressure Gauge is not precise then there is no point in manufacturing it; since it's the pressure gauge should atleast serve it's only one purpose ! It's not like purchasing a low cost car v/s a luxury car.
Among the Digital & Analogue Pressure Gauge, which is more precise ?
Which is having more life ?

thanks for the info me.cube29. Device looks sturdy. How much time it took for you to get it delivered?
I booked the device on 28-Oct'11 and was delivered on 18-Nov'11.

Among the Digital & Analogue Pressure Gauge, which is more precise ?
Which is having more life ?
I always preferred digital one, and never trusted analogue one that is normally used by tyrewalas. This does not mean that analouge ones are not precise. Considering digital ones, then at end of the day they are electronic devices and there life span cannot be predicted.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
me.cube29: Excellent buddy... You got me the right one [clap]

So how does it work? Keep it in the valve and reads the pressure? (Like Thermometer) or Just like the ones used by Tyre Walas, press the valve, release some pressure and check?

Excellent buddy... You got me the right one [clap]

So how does it work? Keep it in the valve and reads the pressure? (Like Thermometer) or Just like the ones used by Tyre Walas, press the valve, release some pressure and check?
Align it to valve, slight push and results are there.

Thread Starter #10
me.cube29: Just to update... I too have ordered one on 31st Nov and haven't got it yet. Finally had to cancel the order... Awaiting the refund now [cry]

No measuring instrument, however expensive, is accurate unless it is calibrated. Generally calibration is done annually. But how much accuracy do you need for a tyre pressure gauge? How accurate are the gauges used by the tyre shops?

Thread Starter #13
No measuring instrument, however expensive, is accurate unless it is calibrated. Generally calibration is done annually. But how much accuracy do you need for a tyre pressure gauge? How accurate are the gauges used by the tyre shops?
Accuracy? That's a good question. No matter what pressure gauge they have, each fuel pump shows their own figures. I have practically tried it with few pumps back to back and found few are trustable. However, 1 or 2 PSI variation is accepted with no choice.

The one I got now is digital (not the analogue one used by Puncture Guys which shows entirely a different number than the actual) and found to be somehow accurate. Yesterday, I filled the front and rear tyres of my Wego with 24 & 28 PSI and checked with the gauge. It reflected as 25 & 28.5 resp. So, tolerance up to +/- 1 PSI is acceptable. After all, why I needed is to just monitor & maintain the Air Pressure to the recommended levels.

I agree that there are faulty pressure gauges in the market but,
The air inside the tyres increases as it gets hot (if we have a long drive),and decreases after a long hault.
The tyre pressure fluctuates depending on the temperature of the air inside the tyre.
If it is nitrogen instead of air then i thing we can get a steady reading and can rate the gauges.

Digital Tire Gauge
Visited ACE hardware, and found this on a rack. It is about 250rs (approximate). I tried this, and found accurate. It is a digital tire gauge.

• LCD Reading
  • 0 to 100 PSI Reading
  • Automatic Shut Off
  • With 3V Lithoum coin cell.

DSC03426.jpg

Top Bottom