Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge

No measuring instrument, however expensive, is accurate unless it is calibrated. Generally calibration is done annually. But how much accuracy do you need for a tyre pressure gauge? How accurate are the gauges used by the tyre shops?
True Peter. Tyre shops are definitely not getting there gauges calibrated. And most of the gauges available in market (China made) though very handy, wont be accurate. Both digital and analog gauges can be very precise.
Once I took air at a puncture repair shop in Goa (I felt less air and that shop was the only one I could find nearby), all tyres to 32. Soon after, the car's cabin was full of rattles. I got it checked at a petrol pump and found the pressure to be above 50!!

The above happened with me as well. Before starting for a long trip I got my tyre pressure checked from a road side tyre repair shop and had set the front tyres to 35 and rear to 33. The next day when I went to the Bunk to fill Diesel and checked the pressure I was in for a surprise. One of the front tyres read 50 and the other tyre read 40 and the rear tyres read 35.

Thread Starter #18
True Peter. Tyre shops are definitely not getting there gauges calibrated. And most of the gauges available in market (China made) though very handy, wont be accurate. Both digital and analog gauges can be very precise.
Once I took air at a puncture repair shop in Goa (I felt less air and that shop was the only one I could find nearby), all tyres to 32. Soon after, the car's cabin was full of rattles. I got it checked at a petrol pump and found the pressure to be above 50!!
The above happened with me as well. Before starting for a long trip I got my tyre pressure checked from a road side tyre repair shop and had set the front tyres to 35 and rear to 33. The next day when I went to the Bunk to fill Diesel and checked the pressure I was in for a surprise. One of the front tyres read 50 and the other tyre read 40 and the rear tyres read 35.
These analog ones in the tyre shops are just a joke. And the frustrating part is, they even try to keep the pressure to odd figures like 33, 32 whereas they can't even keep a rounded off figures like 30, 40 etc. [lol] So, I just stay away from them, whatsoever. Now, the digital ones in the Petrol Pumps. Do you think they are accurate either? Sadly, many don't! I at times have observed variations up to 5 PSi with one Pump to another. Shell isn't an exception too. Over experience & calibration with numerous attempts, I zeroed on few pumps that are reliable.

About the accuracy on the Digital Pressure Gauge I have, quoting my earlier point here.

Accuracy? That's a good question. No matter what pressure gauge they have, each fuel pump shows their own figures. I have practically tried it with few pumps back to back and found few are trustable. However, 1 or 2 PSI variation is accepted with no choice.

The one I got now is digital (not the analogue one used by Puncture Guys which shows entirely a different number than the actual) and found to be somehow accurate. Yesterday, I filled the front and rear tyres of my Wego with 24 & 28 PSI and checked with the gauge. It reflected as 25 & 28.5 resp. So, tolerance up to +/- 1 PSI is acceptable. After all, why I needed is to just monitor & maintain the Air Pressure to the recommended levels.
After many calibrations over months, I find it to be perfect and at times close with minimal acceptable tolerance.

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

I am looking to buy 12V tyre Air compressor, any suggestions please? Is Coido a good brand?

@Eco 1.0 please check LIMI digital tire inflator, I own the same and till now I feel that it is reliable & VFM. My experience is as follows. Click the quote if interested in pics.
Overall it was an unusual day for me. In the evening , I found that my Manza was pulling toward RHS.After two to three kms I alighted from the car to inspect the car from outside. To my surprise , both RHS tires were flat.I realised that changing the spare wheel is not going to solve the problem fully , hence decided to go to puncture repair shop earliest as it was 8 PM already.

The pucture mechanic on Castilino Road was a cruel man.He told me that since it was closing time he won't help me out. I said , atleast inflate the tires so that I can reach another puncture repair shop but the devil refused to oblige.:eek:
I was left with no option but to drag the car with two deflated tires to search another shop.But suddenly I remembered about the digital tire inflator which I had purchased at the time of the Manza purchase. So I took it out from the boot .I was wondering if it was in working condition as I had never used it since I bought it.
But to my surprise and pleasure it worked nicely on the power supplied through mobile charging port.
It took total 10 mins approx. to inflate the deflated tires to 32 psi. Crowd gathered around my car to see what I was doing , the cruel puncture repairman also joined the crowd.:tongue:
One fortuner driver came to me and enquired about the digital inflator and the shop from where I purchased it . I was very happy .:biggrin:

Then I took my car to a puncture repair shop nearby .Total 3 punctures were found on the front tire while two were found on the rear (Rs 500 INR). .

Last edited:
Tyre air pressure guage.

hi guys posting a thread after long time as i was away from my laptop,

recently did the trip from my city rajkot, gujarat to udaipur, rajasthan.
did 1.3 k kms, & odo reading is 3.5 k kms,

The drive was oh so good, and we all enjoyed a lot !!!!
The Grip of 165 patch tyre was good on those winding ghats of udaipur and nathdwara, didn't expected that good grip from those skinny tyre,

one issue ,

when i left i checked tyre pressure from the local pucture shop where i usually filled air for my all the vehicles from last 5 years,
this time he was adjusting his gauge which i found not calibrated properly, for 32 psi he was keeping the gauge to show 35 psi.

then when i reached my destination safely, i checked the tyre pressure at indian oil pump thinking that it may have digital and accurate reading,

to my surprise the reading showed 56,57,48,48 psi in all tyres,

i was totally shocked !!!!!

didn't believed on what i was seeing,

again filled diesel on other pump cross checked where the reading was 26,26,27,18 psi respectively,
asked him to keep 32 in all,

now i need some proper guage to exact the reading of pressure in my car tyre,

did some research and found those guages on ebay,

but again confused what to buy an air compressor or on the pressure guage, ???

i found the guages hovering between 300 to 500

and some compressor between 800 to 1200,

links :
compressor
www.ebay.in/itm/Air-Compressor-250-...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item27e4a9f3ae

www.ebay.in/itm/100-Original-COIDO-...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item258f5ddeca

www.ebay.in/itm/Original-Coido-6526...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item258f5dd36c

guage

www.ebay.in/itm/Tire-Pressure-Gauge...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item20e5635e38

So, finally what you guys say, what to buy ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tyre air pressure guage.

hi guys posting a thread after long time as i was away from my laptop,

recently did the trip from my city rajkot, gujarat to udaipur, rajasthan.
did 1.3 k kms, & odo reading is 3.5 k kms,

The drive was oh so good, and we all enjoyed a lot !!!!
The Grip of 165 patch tyre was good on those winding ghats of udaipur and nathdwara, didn't expected that good grip from those skinny tyre,

one issue ,

when i left i checked tyre pressure from the local pucture shop where i usually filled air for my all the vehicles from last 5 years,
this time he was adjusting his gauge which i found not calibrated properly, for 32 psi he was keeping the gauge to show 35 psi.

then when i reached my destination safely, i checked the tyre pressure at indian oil pump thinking that it may have digital and accurate reading,

to my surprise the reading showed 56,57,48,48 psi in all tyres,

i was totally shocked !!!!!

didn't believed on what i was seeing,

again filled diesel on other pump cross checked where the reading was 26,26,27,18 psi respectively,
asked him to keep 32 in all,

now i need some proper guage to exact the reading of pressure in my car tyre,

did some research and found those guages on ebay,

but again confused what to buy an air compressor or on the pressure guage, ???

i found the guages hovering between 300 to 500

and some compressor between 800 to 1200,

links :
compressor
www.ebay.in/itm/Air-Compressor-250-...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item27e4a9f3ae

www.ebay.in/itm/100-Original-COIDO-...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item258f5ddeca

www.ebay.in/itm/Original-Coido-6526...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item258f5dd36c

guage

www.ebay.in/itm/Tire-Pressure-Gauge...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item20e5635e38

So, finally what you guys say, what to buy ???

Exactly same was my experience 2 months before.

I started with 33 psi for all tires at regular digital air pressure at a bunk, came back after 800+ kms after 2 days at same place and to my surprise it was 47,42,39 & 48. [surprise]

So after this experience, as suggested by attendant at same place, I switched to Nitrogen as recommendation but this time pressure is at too lower side at each test. [frustration]

Re: Tyre air pressure guage.

Exactly same was my experience 2 months before.

I started with 33 psi for all tires at regular digital air pressure at a bunk, came back after 800+ kms after 2 days at same place and to my surprise it was 47,42,39 & 48. [surprise]

So after this experience, as suggested by attendant at same place, I switched to Nitrogen as recommendation but this time pressure is at too lower side at each test. [frustration]
well thats the same story,
lets see what i finalize, will keep you guys posted [:)]

If you check pressure with tyres hot, it is bound to show high reading so always check when tyres are cold i. e. before beginning journey.

Believe me, the LIMI inflator I mentioned in my earlier post is awesome, it shows correct reading, I have cross checked it many times.

Align it to valve, slight push and results are there.
doesn't there is some air loss with every such attempt at some push over valve for air pressure measurement??

Whenever I attach air pump nozzle to valve for air filling in under pressure tyre, there is invariably some minute air loss initially.

Suggest tire pressere gauge

Hi,
Considering buying a tire pressure gauge to keem an eye on my pressure so as to make sure the pump is not over or under filling. Please suggest which one to buy

Ameyam

Thread Starter #28
Re: Suggest tire pressere gauge

Hi,
Considering buying a tire pressure gauge to keem an eye on my pressure so as to make sure the pump is not over or under filling. Please suggest which one to buy

Ameyam
Please refer to my older posts. The one I got is good.

tyre pressure gauge

Really need a good tyre pressure gauge. I have the Coido handheld digital one but not sure how accurate it is. Should be preferably one with a hose that screws onto the valve for accurate results. Any suggestions?

Ameyam

Roger TPMS Review

Guys,

Anyone have use Roger Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) or any TPMS for that matter? How usefull is it?

Ameyam

Top Bottom