Different Versions of Mahindra XUV500 in Future?

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra is a company which is always known for taking a platform and making different vehicles out of it,with various body styles.

case in example:
Bolero-MUV,PICKUP variant
Scorpio-SUV,PICKUP variant
Xylo-MUV,PICKUP variant,CARGO variant(for export only)

This concept is followed by various automaker's across the globe and it yields high return on investment.

Now the latest vehicle to roll-out from Mahindra's stable is the highly successful XUV5oo. At the launch of this product Mr.Pawan Goenka had stated that this platform will make way to at least half a dozen new products.

Now,can we guess what kind of product can be made from XUV's platform.

My personal guess:
-Smaller XUV with 5seater.
-Pickup variant.(single & double cab option)
-More powerfull engine option (may be from Ssangyoung stable)
-Auto box(hopefully sourced from ZF)

Any guesses from the expert's in this forum,
What kind of variants or body styles you want to see from XUV's platform?

great imagination buddy but well i dont feel m&m will launch any other version of xuv500 because its global SUV! [;)]

They are not able to fulfill the existing orders with this platform, then in next 1-2 years its not possible. [:)]

The only version which can be expected in near future is stripped down model of W6 without any electronic sensors, no music system etc.
Some call it W4.

Neways, why did M & M have 2 W8s ? [confused]
They could have W8 for 4x2 & W9 for AWD.

I dont think you will see a XUV pick up version.

A/T prototype is already made.

Neways, why did M & M have 2 W8s ? [confused]
They could have W8 for 4x2 & W9 for AWD.
Having a W9 for AWD would mean AWD will be available only in top end variants.

Having W8 2WD & W8 AWD means that, if they wish, they can have the AWD in W6 or W4 in future - like they have Scorpio VLX 4WD and even Scorpio LX 4WD.

I dont think you will see a XUV pick up version.

A/T prototype is already made.

Having a W9 for AWD would mean AWD will be available only in top end variants.

Having W8 2WD & W8 AWD means that, if they wish, they can have the AWD in W6 or W4 in future - like they have Scorpio VLX 4WD and even Scorpio LX 4WD.
But is it confirmed that a w4 model is comming by any chance if yes when ?

bhvm

Honoured Member
no taxi /pick up variants please!!
this in a premium SUV!
xuv 400 - 5 seater version for tax/price saving .current last row is useless anyways.

xuv 600 extended wheelbase with captain seats 3 rows.

Indian Autos Blog has revealed the specs of the W4 variant of the XUV5OO. Compared to the W6, the new variant has lost the following features -

1) Static bending headlamps
2) Touch screen display
3) Tyre pressure sensors
4) Reverse sensors
5) Automatic wipers and headlights
6) Front fog lights
7) Twin exhausts
8) Automatic climate control
9) Cruise control
10) Reading lamps in the rear rows
11) Mobile charging points in rear rows
12) Puddle lamps and entry assist lamps

The good thing is that they have retained all the essential safety features like 2 airbags, ABS with EBD and rear disc brakes and other essential comfort features like electronic ORVMs, armrest and seat height adjustments.

I cant believe they omitted power windows as per the sheet, I hope its a printing error.

This is a good strategy, remove all the electronic bits and give a bare basic and mechanically perfect product. The XUV5OO cannot get more reliable than this! Price this variant at about 1 to 1.5 Lacs lesser than the W6 and they again have a winner.

When you take a turn into a corner or a side road, the XUV's headlamps illuminate that side of the road.

High end cars like Merc and BMW have projector headlamps which swivel according to how much the driver turns the steering wheel.

In the XUV, the same function is done by another bulb within the headlamp cluster, but placed at a 45 degree angle. Whenever the driver turns the vehicle, this bulb glows and it goes off as soon as the turn is complete. Trust me, I use it on a daily basis and it is indeed helpful.

Hormazd Sorabjee, Chief Editor of the Autocar India has just tweeted a while back that Mahindra will be launching W4 variant of the XUV500 in a few days before diwali at 10.99 Lacs ex showroom price which is around 1 Lac cheaper than the current W6 variant. Its good to see Mahindra did not remove the basic safety features and the W4 variant comes equipped with ABS with EBD and dual front Airbags.

It sure would boost the sales of the XUV500 and would make for a great choice against the middle and top variants of Storme/Duster/Terrano.

SCOOP! Mahindra XUV500 W4 to cost Rs 10.99 lakh | Car News | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India

Top Bottom