Different Types of Car Sunroofs - Explained

Nice article. Although I am not a supporter of aftermarket sunroofs. I have seen one swift and one i20 having aftermarket roof. It spoilt the looks entirely. Maybe they were not able to cut the roof correctly which looked like a glass sheet placed on top of roof.

I love sunroofs and more over panoramic sunroofs. It certainly changes the character of the car.

never knew there are so many types of sunroofs! specially cloth one. definately helpful. thanx a lot!!

Great information Vibhor.

I enquired about sunroof for few cars I am interested in and following are the prices as per size from Webasto - Noida.

I hope this will be helpful for the people looking to get it installed. I must say, sunroof adds more corrector to the car and talks about taste of the person owns it (my view).

Attachments

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team
Is there any possible to buy these things in online shopping.

nice post about car alter .
Never tried, and not recommended.

Great information Vibhor.

I enquired about sunroof for few cars I am interested in and following are the prices as per size from Webasto - Noida.

I hope this will be helpful for the people looking to get it installed. I must say, sunroof adds more corrector to the car and talks about taste of the person owns it (my view).
That's a helpful list, Shailinder. If one has the budget, second (Classic Medium) seems to be a worthwhile option. I’m sure there must be more small car owners interested in getting a sunroof and this list will certainly come handy. Thanks for sharing!

Drive Safe,
350Z

You are absolutely right here. Even one of my friends got it installed in his Figo sometime back but I came to know recently. It looks awesome in car with sunroof. Last week end it was a wonderful weather (people from Delhi/NCR would know) and we roam in his car. It was amazing feeling.

Those who are planning should sit in a car with sunroof in a beautiful weather. Probably then they will be able to appreciate it more.

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Agreed. A sunroof not only enhances the car’s visual appeal from outside but is also a huge bonus for those who’re sitting in. I actually enjoyed sitting in Skoda Octavia with built-in sunroof) and Honda Prelude with Tilt-n-Slide sunroof. It was an awesome experience in both the cars even with the sunroof glass shut.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #25

350Z

Core Team
Hey guys,
I wanna add a sunroof to my sumo. So which one should i prefer.
There are wide range of options available (as seen in the opening post of this thread). It more or less depends upon preferences and the budget.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for nice informative article.

I had sunroof in my T-Rex ( Mahindra SsangYong Rexton ) but never used it, but kids had once. Kids very much liked the natural air & panoramic view while stand through sunroof, don't know whether it is allowed or not or whether sunroof is meant for that or not.

Re: Tata's New Hatchback Zica Now Renamed Tiago

Hi All, I am interested in Tiago diesel XZ and willing install Sunroof. Does sunroof installation create any problem like leakage or something in long run?

Hi All, I am interested in Tiago diesel XZ and willing install Sunroof. Does sunroof installation create any problem like leakage or something in long run?
Why don't you check with your dealer, in GenX Nano the dealer can fix a TML approved Sunroof, price about 14/15k.

Accessories PL, one highlighted in red is for sunroof, taken from post No.1586 of TIAGO thread, thanks @Prabhagar

IMAG0066.jpg

Top Bottom