Difference Between LTT and OTT Road Tax?

Thread Starter #1
I have seen some tax receipts in which the tax paid upto column mentions "LTT" and for some "OTT"

whats the difference or their just the same?

Re: Velvet Sparky - Review After 10,000 Kms on Odometer

Guys tell me one thing, the road tax that we pay at the time of buy our ride is life time or to be paid every year.

Yesterday I saw a news in local news paper that RTOs are planing to provide provision for online payment. in that news a part of news reads like now a days only for 2 wheeler it is paid as life time and for others it is paid in different intervals and i got shocked. I was assuming that all white board (private vehicles) are paid road tax once at the time of buying a car which is for life time of the vehicle whether it is two wheeler or four wheeler.

Just throw some lights friends.

Guys tell me one thing, the road tax that we pay at the time of buy our ride is life time or to be paid every year.

Yesterday I saw a news in local news paper that RTOs are planing to provide provision for online payment. in that news a part of news reads like now a days only for 2 wheeler it is paid as life time and for others it is paid in different intervals and i got shocked. I was assuming that all white board (private vehicles) are paid road tax once at the time of buying a car which is for life time of the vehicle whether it is two wheeler or four wheeler.

The road tax we have paid during purchase of our car/bike is life time tax to be paid once only.

Exactly. And paying insurance yearly is very easy nowadays. I compare different policies on policy bazaar and choose the cheapest & best one that suits me.

Exactly. And paying insurance yearly is very easy nowadays. I compare different policies on policy bazaar and choose the cheapest & best one that suits me.
Ya, I know it is very simple. For my Bike and Car I do it online within minutes. I generally go with insurance company in which service center has tie-up. It is really easy when we need the insurance.

I used to see other people those who are not with those insurance company and struggle when they need.

@sethu

I think life tax is paid for 15 years, normally it is calculated by the concerned transport department is that the life of the vehicle is only for 15 years, and after which you will have to pay annual road tax every year. And even if they implement a new rule to pay tax in intervals it will be applicable only for new vehicles. This is what I guess.

Hi,

I need a view on road tax rule for re-registration of outer state vehicle.

For an 8 year old vehicle the depriciated value of the vehicle is 73.3%. Now the RTO tax when purchased was 4%. Today it is 11% (in other state). So during re-registration the tax paid for 8 year old vehicle is 8% of original value of car (which is double amount to the original road tax).

I have 2 questions to this theory:

1. When road tax is paid, it is paid for driving full 15 yrs on road. But for 8 yr old vehicle, it will be driven for rest 7 yrs only. So why should payment be done at the current rate.

2. If payment is done at current rate, then technically the vehicle should be allowed to be driven for another 15 yrs.

I hope someone can clarify on the above 2 points.

TIA
Souvik

If we pay road tax, forget about one year or life time, at the time of purchase then they shouldn't ask for toll taxes, which is connected to the roads also.

Top Bottom