Diesel Sedan Under Rs.10,00,000

AMG

Suspended
Skoda Rapid is getting launched on 16th November, and ACI has already declared it to be BETTER than the Vento.

Wait for it.

Only a matter of 3 days.

@Smooth rider:
At one place you are saying that Vento is very stable at high speeds while at the other you told us that you never crossed 130 mark.
Now tell me how to believe you that you haven't ever observed that behavior of a Vento at high speeds,in fact i have driven a Vento to 165 kph and I am ready to bet that vento isn't that planted because of its soft front suspension.

REST ITS A FACT THAT IN CURRENT MARKET....VENTO IS THE BEST..Far far better than the competition.

@Shubham:
Okay,take one more take from my side,this time it is my hot favorite car FIAT LINEA-MJD(Multijet diesel):
1)Heavy bodyshell but underpowered engine make it quite low performer.(For T-JET,its a performance freak's dream)
2)Ride and handling are simply the best,in fact except Fiesta its the only diesel sedan in which you can drive the point and shoot manner.
3)Suspension is the best and only some really bad potholes can filter to the cabin,else everything is absorbed.
4)It may be slow,but still it is bearable,and after 2000 rpm,the power builds up in a linear fashion,which is quite good.
5)Quality of interiors now improved and loaded with some really good features.
6)Looks like a fairy and drives too like it is.
7)High speed stability simply brilliant,in fact its even better than a Honda City at high speeds.
8)Brakes are also superb and being a Fiat,you can expect tank like built(VENTO is BUILT BEST and FEELS TO LAST LONGEST)and hence no accident easily intrudes to the cabin(same with Vento too).
9)Only TATA A.S.S. is the weak part of the car,else its really the best thing(forget that Vento has 106 bhp,else Vento is the best).

Thread Starter #18
buddy i konw but prblem is this that there is no vw showroom in my satate and if i go to purchase a car outside my state then i will charage 5% inter city tax (i hear this is this is true) if its not the case i will buy it
but what about A.S.S i hear that vw parts are quite expensive is its true
will some one please decode this vin number for me
MALCU41ULBM037857 urgent [confused]

Thread Starter #20
if i get a verna 1.6 sx of MANUFACTURE date 22/10/11 . should i buy her , or wait for more latest one i mean november made. guys what your opinion

Maruti Sx4
Ford New Firsta
1. good fuel efficiency - 22 - 25
2. A.S.S is must - ok ass
3. specious and comfortable - Not specious cramped back seats for 3 adults and commiserate OK
4. handling and suspension - Super Handling with typical ford dna and suspension is also good
5. goodies and features - Many features loaded
Negatives- Overpriced, Reliability, Low resale

Don't want to consider Vento,Linea,new Rapid?
I think All new FORD FIESTA doesnot come for under 10 lakhs. bare bones basic model starts at 9.4 Exshowroom. So OTR would cross 10 lakhs.

My take would be
1st choice Tata Manza - for a good VFM. top end model in delhi comes for around 8.3L after discounts.
2nd choice would be OPTRA Magnum 2.0. For powerful engine, comfort & handling. But the FE expected would be in range of 13 - 15 overall.
Also Skoda Rapid looks like better from reviews. But worry is the Skoda ASS. What I heard from many owners was Skoda ASS donot give respect to customers once sold vehicle.

@Rudolf:
I am not at all ready to agree with you and am sure that you don't have a Skoda car in your circle.Why?Let me explain:
I am driving a Laura TSI too and am happy with the way Skoda guys treat me as well as my car.Its okay that they have been horrifying in past but now they are really good and upto the mark with others.
These are not my words,these are the words of a happy and contented Skoda owner,who is me.

@Shubham:
There is nothing wrong with Skoda's now,just buy it if you want.

he 1.4 VTVT does not have ABS or Airbags but have all other features like Bluetooth. But the 1.6 VTVT has ABS & airbags and lots of goodies but is almost 1 lac more so is it worth going in for 1.6 VTVT. which is better

Well Shubham, Is your friend also live in hilly terrain?? Reason I am asking this is Diesel and hills (especially uphills), not really a great combination. Ask him is he is driving less than 1000-1200 km per month petrol will be a better option. Still if he is insitent on diesel, Chevy Optra 2.0 Liter should be ruled out. Reason- Turbo lag below 2000 RPM, believe me it will behave like truck on inclines. Frequent gear shifting would be a pain coupled with engine noise. Linea Diesel would be ruled out because of similar reason.

Skoda Rapid would stilll be a better deal with low turbo lag and high bhp,but you might need to stretch the budget to around 11.2 lacs for Rapid elegance, though some features like steering mounted controls, USB, parking sensors will be missing. Mind you at around 13 lacs you can get 1.8 Laura TSI which is a class apart.

Last edited:
I would also recommend a Skoda Rapid which i believe suits your needs. The car has the same heart as that of the VW Vento and is a hell lot cheaper. For A.S.S issues, i would strongly suggest you to get in touch with some locals who are living with a Skoda. They would be able to guide you better about the scenario of dealerships in your area.

If mileage is the concern along with Better A.S.S there is an basic model of Fluidic verna 1.4 Diesel engine which does the work in i20,this may cost you below 10lakhs and fuel efficient than the 1.6 ltr

Hey Shubam, tell your friend to test ride new tata manza, its really a wonderful car,it offers you everything you want and that 90 ps engine is hoot to drive,don't trust me, just go for a test drive of manza with your friend,i will love to hear your and his inputs regarding manza.

Hey Shubam, tell your friend to test ride new tata manza, its really a wonderful car,it offers you everything you want and that 90 ps engine is hoot to drive,don't trust me, just go for a test drive of manza with your friend,i will love to hear your and his inputs regarding manza.
I agree that this would be better than both Linea and Optra, as you know higher BHP at low RPMs is much usable than Torque. Manza, truly an underated car. Can try out Dzire also, subject to waitin period though.
And yes if ready to spend more can go for Rapid , based on nearby availability of Skoda showroom.

Real nice and simple. But remember petrol do fare better in Mountains.[:D]

Regards,
Maddy

Top Bottom