Diesel Sedan At a Budget of Around Rs.7 To 8 Lakhs (Max)

if its just for the space , the sunny should do.

but for better GC i would prefer the OP strikes a deal for an SX4 LDI

if its just for the space , the sunny should do.

but for better GC i would prefer the OP strikes a deal for an SX4 LDI
Afaik there is no sx4 ldi .

Vaibhav sunny is great but the OP has a strict budget of 8 lakhs anyway your suggestion is great and logical .

Thread Starter #18
Engine noise is not a huge problem if the other requirements are met. If Toyota is good in that aspect I would also look at that.

At the moment, I will look at Ford Fiesta, Etios and Manza. One thing about Manza is that I believe the engine is underpowered. Is this true? One of my relatives said that Manza struggled to pull in hilly regions and had bad experience with the car (they had a hired vehicle).

Budget wise, we cannot stretch beyond 8 Lakhs.

At the moment, there is a serious debate in our family whether we keep the Palio or not. Most are in favour of keeping Palio because it is giving great mileage now and the engine is well run-in. It is also good for inside city ride. But my point about the space inside is what is the factor. Unless I can convince about selling the Palio, it may be a couple of years wait for a new car.

My good old Amby cannot be used for the long highway trips. That's why I felt we needed a large family car for long trips.

Last edited:
Just test drive Etios and Manza back to back. Engine noise is only a tad high in Etios than Manza. Once you'll drive both of them, you won't go for Manza against Etios. Though best driver's car in these choices remains to be Fiesta.

freakdude.

my bad . all i want to say is buy a lowest variant of the SX4 diesel.
Sx4 is a underrated car actually but the vdi version of sx4 will be 9 plus in Mumbai in that case the sunny, manza makes sense more space, goodies and safety features .
Right now anybody in Mumbai or Delhi who has 95% driving in city the sx4 cng is best option 40,000 rs discount + 30,000 exchange bonus and you can haggle hard a little more for discounts . In 1 fill of the gas cylinder you can 160-170 Kms with ac and cng in Mumbai is just 33 rs [evil]

Avoid the etios twins. There are much better options in that price range.
Those reek of cost cutting on all aspects.

You have 5 options available.
Manza-----Verito----Fiesta Classic----Dzire----Etios (Not necessarily in the given order).
Considering all aspects, all the above cars seem same to me. Various factors depend on person to person. Like everyone says, Dzire rear seats are cramped. But yesterday I hired a Dzire cab, and it was very comfortable. Maybe its true for very tall people. For an average Indian height, I feel its comfortable.
My advice to you. Come out of any image thing. Go for the car which suits your pocket well. All the cars mentioned here are VFM. People will say hundred things, and you will zoom past in the comfort of your car.[:)]

Buddy i am not recommending(not any specific reason) it but go and test drive linea diesel. I think you might end up buying it, as it would be satisfying most of your needs. I own a punto 90 hp( i just love it).

One thing about Manza is that I believe the engine is underpowered. Is this true? One of my relatives said that Manza struggled to pull in hilly regions and had bad experience with the car (they had a hired vehicle).
Manza is not underpowered.

With 90 HP and 200 Nm torque, its capable of pulling through any motorable road including hill roads.

Today I went to Saputara (a hill station).
Three months ago I was driving through Thimbam hills (near Sathyamangalam) and Gudalur.
Never felt that it is under powered.

You can check Highway Ranger's travelogue in which he went to Valparai hills and further towards Chalakudi through the forest road in his Manza.

Do Test Drives yourself and decide which car is suiting your requirements.

Infact Manza is very powerful. Most probably the one you have test driven has worn out clutch plate. I saw on youtube, a Manza owner bashing Manza in public. He has posted a video in which the Manza struggles to climb up a steep incline. What he has not posted is that he might be a pathetic driver!! Even a super car will be powerless with worn out clutch plates.
As autosfari said, figures clearly indicate Manza is quite powerful. And owners of Manza vouch for same. I never felt it underpowered. To test its power, go to a steep incline. Stop your Manza. Engage in 1st gear. Release clutch (No accelerator). And see the car climb on its own. I have tried it on steepest inclines of Nandi hill (last few bends before the top). And if you can maintain engine rpm above 2000, it will pull effortlessly in 2nd gear too.

Manza is not underpowered.

With 90 HP and 200 Nm torque, its capable of pulling through any motorable road including hill roads.

Today I went to Saputara (a hill station).
Three months ago I was driving through Thimbam hills (near Sathyamangalam) and Gudalur.
Never felt that it is under powered.

You can check Highway Ranger's travelogue in which he went to Valparai hills and further towards Chalakudi through the forest road in his Manza.

Do Test Drives yourself and decide which car is suiting your requirements.
Infact Manza is very powerful. Most probably the one you have test driven has worn out clutch plate. I saw on youtube, a Manza owner bashing Manza in public. He has posted a video in which the Manza struggles to climb up a steep incline. What he has not posted is that he might be a pathetic driver!! Even a super car will be powerless with worn out clutch plates.
As autosfari said, figures clearly indicate Manza is quite powerful. And owners of Manza vouch for same. I never felt it underpowered. To test its power, go to a steep incline. Stop your Manza. Engage in 1st gear. Release clutch (No accelerator). And see the car climb on its own. I have tried it on steepest inclines of Nandi hill (last few bends before the top). And if you can maintain engine rpm above 2000, it will pull effortlessly in 2nd gear too.

Manza might not be that under powered but it is sluggish for sure. This I am saying as I have driven it for almost 1100 kms at a stretch. Also, just 90bhp and 200 nm don't mean anything, also have a look at it's kerb weight which is 1200 kgs. I agree, Manza is a damn capable car but, yes, even a fine example of Manza struggles on ghats and inclines.

A brief comparo from carwale might help the buyer : Compare Toyota Etios GD SP vs Tata Manza New Aqua Quadrajet BS-IV vs Ford Classic 1.4 TDCi CLXi vs Mahindra Verito 1.5 D4 BS-IV - CarWale

freakdude.

how much power would you require of manza. are you driving up and down a hill daily ?
before purchasing any car's mentioned
check which brand is providing good a.s.s in your city
also which brand is more stable (meaning less breakdowns, less expenses,more happiness)
after clearing out few distinctions against the points mentioned
chalk out and go for back to back test drives for the ones finalized
then make your decision

Top Bottom