Diesel - Hello All

Thread Starter #1
Hello All, I am delighted to be a part of the The Automotive India.

I am from Chennai and I read a lot and now that I decided to participate in learning and sharing information that I know...

I love cars and equally Travelling and gadgets. So the combination of travelling by driving myself takes precedence on most occasions.

Off-late I am on a driving/travelling spree , Hence the forum can be a great place to share my experiences.

Owned the following,
Hyundai Santro Xing XL , 35000 kms (Jun'2006 - Dec'2010)
Hyundai i10 Sportz Kappa2 , 11000 kms(Dec'2010 - Feb'2012)
Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi, 10000+ kms (Feb'2012 - )

Driven:

Driven almost all indian cars in the market, My hobby is test driving new cars so needless to say my hands on every car available for test driving.

However the special ones driven by me are Porsche 911 Carerra, Porsche Targa 4S, Porsche Boxter S and Porsche Cayman driven at Porsche Experience Center @Silverstone, England.

And went on a hot lap in Porsche 911 GT3 RS with a professional driver.

Great fan of F1, likes McLaren and great fan of Lewis Hamilton, had opportunity to see him from a meter distance in Chennai(Vodafone Mercedes show @ Irungattukottai Race Track,Chennai) and likes Manchester United team, favourite player Wayne Rooney. I might keep going...So stopping with this! More to COME [:D]

350Z

Core Team
However the special ones driven by me are Porsche 911 Carerra, Porsche Targa 4S, Porsche Boxter S and Porsche Cayman driven at Porsche Experience Center @Silverstone, England.
Welcome to The Automotive India. That’s a nice introduction. It would be interesting to read about your stint with Porsches. Have a wonderful experience on board. Just let us know in case we can be of any help. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

@diesel

Welcome to TAI !! hey really wonderful interests[clap]

Welcome to TAI Ritz club !! I am eager to see a review of your Ritz in ownership section soon !! with some nice pics and any modifications done

Hi Diesel,

Welcome to TAI
Nice intro there...good to know that you enjoy travelling and gadgets.
Have a wonderful and pleasant time here.

Thread Starter #5
Welcome to The Automotive India. That’s a nice introduction. It would be interesting to read about your stint with Porsches. Have a wonderful experience on board. Just let us know in case we can be of any help. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks so much 350Z, I will add my experience at the earliest.And thanks again for your wishes.

@diesel

Welcome to TAI !! hey really wonderful interests[clap]

Welcome to TAI Ritz club !! I am eager to see a review of your Ritz in ownership section soon !! with some nice pics and any modifications done
Hi Gurrala74, Thanks for your words. Sure I will add my ownership experience with Ritz so far at the earliest.

Hi Diesel,

Welcome to TAI
Nice intro there...good to know that you enjoy travelling and gadgets.
Have a wonderful and pleasant time here.
Thanks Scarface, I am having a great time here in TAI.

A very warm welcome to TAI Diesel. Enjoy your stay here and look forward to hear more on your experiences.
Best Wishes
IR

Hey Diesel, Welcome to TAI. From your name suggest you are diesel car fan. [glasses].

Plus would like to hear more about your experience of driving those Porsche. [clap]

Welcome to TAI Diesel. [:)]
One more diesel Fan. I am sure RK will be very happy to see one more Ritz on TAI. [;)]

Welcome to TAI Diesel.
One more diesel Fan. I am sure RK will be very happy to see one more Ritz on TAI.
Nothing like that Sandip, Yes I am happy to see Diesel and like to see his experience with Ritz whether it is good or bad[:)]

I am not a Fan or Enemy for any car, but YES if something is bad about any car then I criticise it and if something is good, then I appreciate apart from whichever is the car and manufacturer[clap]

Hi Sandip24, Thanks for your wishes..I guess there are more Ritz fans out here!!! [clap]
Yes, In-fact I am one of them! I has almost made up my mind to go for it.
But there are few reasons why I changed my mind later on!
1. I liked the shape of Car but many other family member's were not okay with it, including my mother. Even though she doesn't know anything about cars.
2. Few my friends have reported low FE in City, I know it depends on driving style & traffic conditions. FE was my first criterion while choosing a Car.
3. & one more reason, you might find it weird, I have seen many Ritz rear ended , having dents/scratches on rear bumper. I don't know whats the problem but I decided not to go for it in the end.

Nothing like that Sandip, Yes I am happy to see Diesel and like to see his experience with Ritz whether it is good or bad[:)]

I am not a Fan or Enemy for any car, but YES if something is bad about any car then I criticise it and if something is good, then I appreciate apart from whichever is the car and manufacturer[clap]
RK, During these days, I have understood your passion for Cars [:)] & I really appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #12
A very warm welcome to TAI Diesel. Enjoy your stay here and look forward to hear more on your experiences.
Best Wishes
IR
Thanks so much IronRock

Hey Diesel, Welcome to TAI. From your name suggest you are diesel car fan. [glasses].

Plus would like to hear more about your experience of driving those Porsche. [clap]
I was made as a Diesel car fan due to the sky rocketing Petrol prices. And I sold my previous i10 Sportz in 13 months due to the quality factors of Hyundai cars and high fuel cost for petrol.

I have no regrets until now with my Ritz Diesel And I enjoy every bit of my car.

RK, During these days, I have understood your passion for Cars [:)] & I really appreciate that.
The more we learn about cars, the more we love them. Every car has gone through a cycle of R&D before we put our hands on and so the debate on cars is very much subjective as to which one is better. Also there are external factors like design,shape,mileage,service network all could add few points here and there. I am sure you both will agree with me [cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:
+100 diesel, just perfectly said.

But you know something, than being subjective, it is good to have objective views and opinion which is a value addition always and can be called as real R&D by people like us with hands on experience with the cars and our feedback helps lot of prospective buyers on the forum as well manufacturers if some body reads and take it serious[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
+100 diesel, just perfectly said.

But you know something, than being subjective, it is good to have objective views and opinion which is a value addition always and can be called as real R&D by people like us with hands on experience with the cars and our feedback helps lot of prospective buyers on the forum as well manufacturers if some body reads and take it serious[:)]
Absolutely agreed :) , All these forums just helps buyers to make right decision and also for manufacturers as to decide what is expected from their cars from people or otherwise they(car manufacturers) will have shell out a huge amount in doing market research from the scratch.

These days most of them atleast in urban India makes their decision in doing enough research on forums before buying decision.

Top Bottom