Did You Read Your Car’s / Bike’s Ownership Manual?

Do you read vehicle's ownership manual?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Along with each car or bike on sale in India, the manufacturer provides an ownership manual which explains everything about the vehicle, right from basics to technical aspects of maintaining it. Since there were a few basic queries floating around of late, I’m just wondering how many of us actually spend some time to go through our vehicle's ownership manual. Please be candid while casting your vote and also mention a reason.

Drive safe,
350Z

Re: Have You Read Your Car / Bike’s Ownership Manual?

Well for me an Yes and as well as a No. I haven't touched my bike's manual in 4 years till now!

But i have completely gone through Aria's and Verna's manual.

Re: Have You Read Your Car / Bike’s Ownership Manual?

Its a must. The first thing I have done with every new vehicle that I have driven/ridden home straight from the showroom is read the owner's manual before giving it the next crank. Even though one might think that one knows everything about his/her automobile, reading it's owner's manual would always provide some other interesting insights that one never knew. Highly recommended !

Re: Have You Read Your Car’s / Bike’s Ownership Manual?

Hi, voting yes. I read manual of new car whenever I got time.

Voting yes.. Thats the first thing i do after the purchase. Let it be gadgets too, going thru the manual is a must :)

I have gone through my car manuals just to while away time when it was new,i pretty much know everything about a car before i buy,as for gadgets like cell phones as "sai_crdi" has mentioned i check them out in areas in the manual i need to know.

OT- i dont prefer touchscreens ,i like the assurance of buttons(not many like them now) & helps alot if u need to answer a call without looking at the phone(driving).

i read car manual after 4 years of ownership. i found it lying in the seat pocket. :P

I voted yes because i read through the entire manual to get to know my car better. There might be features that are not obvious when we look at the car or sit in but the manual might state so. And plus, if we didn't need a car manual, then the manufacturers wouldn't have given one in the first place. :D

Re: Did You Read Your Car’s / Bike’s Ownership Manual?

I love reading User's Manuals. I possibly will be reading my new one tommorow at the Probiking Store[:D]. It always feels exciting to go through a new user's manual and you get to know a great deal about your vehicle.

Re: Did You Read Your Car’s / Bike’s Ownership Manual?

Allrighty!

After two dormant years, I've come to spoil the party!
And guess what, I voted 21st!

I did read the manual, but most things I needed aren't covered in the manuals itself, for ex. How to change engine oil filter. So I came to the Internet, went OT, found this site. Now all day I revolve around it, all night, my dreams revolve around it. TAI!!

No. I have not read my Bike manual at all which I bought 7 years back.

And I voted for YES. Because in the last 5 years, I read almost all the manuals of my purchases from Chronograph watch or a Car.

Top Bottom