Detailed Guide: Door Damping and DIY

Thread Starter #17
Hi Prasanth, very useful thread. Similarly is there any cost effective DIY alternatives for Dynamat damping products like Dynapad (for floor/ carpet area),
Hoodliner (for hood, firewall) too?
hell yeah, but there is another trick,
friend of mine did roof damping using magnets from old speakers. but it is not so efficient on weight

yoga mats will do the job

Thanks, i recently purchased Stingray and found Your instructions very helpful for i am trying to install speakers by myself and was finding way to open the door also please advise me the size of the speaker that shall fit in the dorr

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Tusharr. Doorpad opening instructions are given in the opening post of this thread. Speaker provision is 6" and you can fit upto 6.5" with spacers.

Thread Starter #20
Thanks, i recently purchased Stingray and found Your instructions very helpful for i am trying to install speakers by myself and was finding way to open the door also please advise me the size of the speaker that shall fit in the dorr
hi tushrr, congrats on your car, for all doubts and queries.
please type. wagonr stingray ownership review in google .
first link will be mine!!!

How do we know when damping is required in door? I have door mounted speakers but only front right keeps on giving creaking sounds and rest all are fine. Do I need to damp it? Or is it any fitment issue? By the way I own 2011 Tata Indica Vista.

Thread Starter #22
How do we know when damping is required in door? I have door mounted speakers but only front right keeps on giving creaking sounds and rest all are fine. Do I need to damp it? Or is it any fitment issue? By the way I own 2011 Tata Indica Vista.
I think the panel's are vibrating or door window mechanism or some other thing. Play song and hold pressure in different areas find where the sound is coming.. try to damp it somhow

Top Bottom