Delhi Traffic Police's Upcoming Reward Points Scheme

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Today morning, while listening to the radio in my car, came across a conversation being done by a Senior official of Delhi Traffic Police as per which, Delhi's Traffic Police plans to begin a "Reward Scheme". Under this reward scheme, as per the official, on reporting a traffic violation in any part of Delhi, the sender shall be rewarded with "Brownie Points".

Now how this scheme is laid out, When you shall see a driver violating the norms of traffic in Delhi, one has to only click a pic or make a small movie clip of the offender and whatsapp it to Delhi Traffic Police with your name and location where the violation took place. Upon receiving the pic/video the sender immediately gets rewarded with points which are redeemable. Also, there is no filter in it that you can't continuously report the violations.

The points are redeemable against movie tickets, dinner vouchers et al. The official further informed as an example that, upon acquiring 50 points he/she is entitled to a dinner voucher. The scheme shall be implemented in near future.

What do you all think, will such initiatives work in helping to curb traffic violation in Delhi?[:)]

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
It will certainly encourage young generation to report any incident more Often now. Even the People who are violating , will be aware, that Police doesn't needs to be in Sight for someone to report the Incidence. Any one can Report, and that might deter them from doing wrong practice. But this will take a long time, and more over it must be advertised properly . Like I came to know about this, only by this Post...

bhvm

Honoured Member
A 10 minute drive through Noida and I won't have to cook for a week! [lol]

Definitely an interesting incentive. But think of it this way, wouldn't it inadvertently encourage the use of phones/cameras while driving?
copy that!

people will. try to scraggle up their phones in midst of dense traffic just to get'one more point' such distraction will cause loss of concentration and more accidents actually.

Top Bottom