Delhi To Chandigarh Route?

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends.I live in Delhi.I have to visit Chandigarh after a couple of days.So

1.what would be the best route which costs less time and fuel?I can go a few kilometers extra but the roads of must be well built on that route.

2.what would be the estimated fuel and time consumed on that specific route?

3.Is it necessary to switch on the ac while driving on the highways?why?

4.What technical things should i make sure in my car(its hyundai i10 era facelift December 2010 model) before starting the trip so as to have a smooth ride?

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Delhi Sonipat Panipat Karnal Kurukshetra Ambala Chandigarh

The roads are piece of cake.

2: 4 hours(one stop of 30 minutes included) 250 km

3: Not necessary. But you will feel hot

4: just a regular service

Hey Alok i don't know the route , i think AMG has given you the best route already.

But for the other two questions ,

3. Its not absolutely necessary to switch on the AC but i prefer AC in highways these days. One because summer days are really hot and the other is wind noise and its intrusion into cabin will be really high. You can have a nice relaxed drive in a silent cabin with the windows rolled up.

4.250km is a cake walk for modern cars now. Just ensure that all the fluid levels inside the bonnet are upto the mark and ensure correct tyre pressure before starting the trip.

Wishing you a very happy and safe journey.

4.What technical things should i make sure in my car(its hyundai i10 era facelift December 2010 model) before starting the trip so as to have a smooth ride?
For your 3rd question, i feel its upto you to use A.C or not. I personally never drive my car with windows rolled down (Except when i wish to enjoy the drizzle), my AC remains on for most of the time, and imo its better to put on the AC for comfort and to beat this summer.

The technical stuff you need to check before going out is the Oil level, coolant level, windshield wash reservoir, tire pressure. And no need to worry, 250kms is nothing for modern cars. Also you may have a look at this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/3557-top-car-care-tips-summer.html
Happy Journey.

Hello friends.I live in Delhi.I have to visit Chandigarh after a couple of days.So

1.what would be the best route which costs less time and fuel?I can go a few kilometers extra but the roads of must be well built on that route.

2.what would be the estimated fuel and time consumed on that specific route?

1. route already told by AMG
2. fuel consumption is depend on your driving . it iwll take you 4hrs try to leave delhi early morning around 6AM
3. what you are joking no AC on highway in this heat . Also car consume more fuel when window is open then AC on highway
4. nothing to worry just hit accelerator . i have driven same route lot of time

350Z

Core Team
I'm late but hope that you must have returned back from the trip. Chandigarh is one of the BEST cities one can visit in India. Do tell us about your experiences and the route that you followed. Also check my thread for future references: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...og-trip-beautiful-city-called-chandigarh.html. It has mention of some places of interest and a lot of pictures. I went through Shatabdi train and it's a short (Approx. four hours) and less tiring journey. Also the experience has only improved ever since Indian Railways has allotted spacious new trains on this route.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Friends thank u for ur suggestions.Still how much mileage should a 2500 km run i10 1.1 give on the highway wid ac on ?Also which highway is to be taken when exiting Delhi?What should i do if on the highway my car gets punctured n i don't have that tubeless tire puncture repair kit?

you worry to much just start the car and enjoy the trip . About highway you will find it complete straight road travel .

In highway if you are driving not above 80 you should get 16-17 easily but as your engine is just 2500 then expect around 14-15

Few tips as soon as you enter chandigarh
wear seat belt
do not drive with high beam
and if you have dark sunfilm drive car with window down

traffic police is very strict there

Delhi to Chandigarh - 250 Kms. One of the best highway available in the country. Both sides of the roads are full with petrol pumps and eating joints. Most enjoyable journey on this graet GT Road ( originally Sher Shah Suri Marg).

Route is Delhi Exit from Azadpur By pass - Sonipat ( Murthal)- Panipat- Karnal- Kurukshetra- Ambala- Chandigarh.

Only thing you should remember that after crossing ambala the NH 1 is divided in to 2 parts NH1 goes to Rajpura-Ludhiana and other parts NH 22 goes to Chandigarh. Just check the boards for diversion.

Other things like AC on/ Average etc. do not worry once you are on this beautiful road.

Top Bottom