Defective Tata Nexon Delivered By Treo Automobiles (Delhi)

Tata/Skoda/VW Dealers (and even other OEM's many dealers) are untrustable cult. Even more so when it comes to their Service Centers. Tata has put good effort in controlling them though as per my personal experience but the Service Executives are mostly bad.
But we are singling out Tata here. Have read stories of even Maruti dealers selling used cars as new. I had similar experience when I purchased a Honda bike earlier. The Honda 2 wheeler Dealer I purchased from was the baap of all Tata/VW dealers and didn't get any support from the dealer or Honda after purchase. Even their servicing was worst. Fortunately I got to know about PDI due to this bad experience and I am having very good experience for both my recent purchases, Tata Tiago XZ(10K kms) and Suzuki Gixxer SF(2K kms).

Your car might not be used I feel otherwise your vin would be alotted to someone else. Probably it was there in stock for a long time or it might have got scratched while parking in dealership yard/display. So they might have repainted it. How old is your car according to VIN?

I would rather suggest to put up a consumer case against Tata Dealer and the Tata Employees and even on Tata Motors if possible. This would deter other dealers to do like this and other OEMs to support Dealers in this.

Thread Starter #62
Tata/Skoda/VW Dealers (and even other OEM's many dealers) are untrustable cult. Even more so when it comes to their Service Centers. Tata has put good effort in controlling them though as per my personal experience but the Service Executives are mostly bad.
But we are singling out Tata here. Have read stories of even Maruti dealers selling used cars as new. I had similar experience when I purchased a Honda bike earlier. The Honda 2 wheeler Dealer I purchased from was the baap of all Tata/VW dealers and didn't get any support from the dealer or Honda after purchase. Even their servicing was worst. Fortunately I got to know about PDI due to this bad experience and I am having very good experience for both my recent purchases, Tata Tiago XZ(10K kms) and Suzuki Gixxer SF(2K kms).

Your car might not be used I feel otherwise your vin would be alotted to someone else. Probably it was there in stock for a long time or it might have got scratched while parking in dealership yard/display. So they might have repainted it. How old is your car according to VIN?

I would rather suggest to put up a consumer case against Tata Dealer and the Tata Employees and even on Tata Motors if possible. This would deter other dealers to do like this and other OEMs to support Dealers in this.
Feb,2018 as per VIN

23rd, Sept, 2018 Delivery date.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I was wondering if this is the first car purchase of the OP?

As the only thing holding any water to your various arguments are that you have been delivered a 4/5 month old car.

Or are you talking out khunnas on the dealer and TaMo.
Of the evidences shared by Rajneesh, from my end, I have tried to clarify on 2 of the points i.e the 'tampered screw' & 'the exhaust pipe rust'. Sir, on the day when I had done the PDI of my car, to maximum possible level I bent and checked my car's exhaust and could only find dust on it as the car had arrived from stockyard. It was next to impossible for me to have proper look on the exhaust because of space constrain at dealership. This can be checked by the PDI pics posted by me on Nexon thread. It was only today that I went and checked the exhaust pipe and compared it with the OP's pic and from another pic. All 3 are having same mark.

If OP can post the loose plastic pics as well, I will check it in my own car too. Also, I will try to check at least 2 more dealers including mine for the RED Nexon having paint difference in number plate area Vs the entire bumper and get back.

As Akash has painstaking demonstrated with pictures of his just delivered Nexon, these are not manufacturing defects, but issues with could have been addressed right in the beginning.
Sir, I have no issues in treating my present and future TATA cars as a medium of doubt clarification for other buyers and enthusiasts.

Sir, I specifically asked OP as to whether the steering problem has been resolved post the software update or not...I am yet to get a reply from him on this.

....Fortunately I got to know about PDI due to this bad experience and I am having very good experience for both my recent purchases, Tata Tiago XZ(10K kms) and Suzuki Gixxer SF(2K kms).
That's what PDI is meant for.

As per him it is around 7 month old. I have already informed OP & other members that the dealer has played a trick and sold a display unit and it is him who should be taken to task by TML after thoroughly investigating the case. Dealers often try to hide information and it is with 99% of dealers across the brands in India. I have also told 'Dealers are not Saints'

Prior to doing this exercise, I suggested OP to get the car checked with any other TML dealer in Delhi and with their feedback he can proceed further. I firmly believe, the dealer is at fault here and having heard of this particular dealer's ethics I wouldn't be surprised if eventually even TML agrees to the dealer's fault.

Regards

Akash

PS ADDED: Dear Rajneesh & Nexon Owners here, please help me in identifying the Part/Panel in Evidence number 3. I will right away check the same in my car and report back. I will check in my car if the same part has a screw or rivet in that place.

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
No sir, its not at all the wheel well cladding. Its the same area I pointed out in my earlier post.Front rt lower bumper.
I know it so well because I am crawling/looking around/inspecting for oil,rust etc beneath my cars all the time. So I end up knowing little bit about them under-body wise too.
Its mud liner flap attached to lower front bumper.
Op has posted the photo of rusted bolt as can be seen clearly in these pics.

IMG-20181018-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20181018-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20181018-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20181018-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20181018-WA0001.jpg

I still cannot understand,how the hell OP ended up buying an 8 month old car from TATA.

This is from my thread. Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life
Dear OP
How come you did not see the car before buying/signing on the dotted line?
Even when we buy a 500rs t-shirt,we try it on ourselves,from right and left and what not angles.
We return/dont buy it even if it has a small cut/color fade/not fitting/boring design etc etc.
How come you bought a 9 lakhs rupee car,without even inspecting it once in person?
Although the dealer should not have sold you old and used+abused stock(looks like it), and he is fully guilty, but still ,as a customer how can you just go ahead and jump with blind faith,in this era and age ??

My advice:
If they do not comply with you,consumer forum is the only way left. This fraud dealer should be punished.
Actually the dealer is maligning the name of TATA MOTORS.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks, Mayank. If its indeed the same part the OP is referring to then I think, the fitting of screw is not proper but it doesn't look like the after-market job as he has assumed. The screw has to be replaced and doesn't cost a big deal. Infact, when cars are parked for long, then the disc brakes also develop a bit of rust around them but all of it can be cleaned and things get back to normal.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
We don't know, Like OP, how many other owners also got cheated by this same dealer?

Looks like they have got some connection in TaMo's office otherwise they should not have done such things bravely (see how some officials from TaMo confirming that front bumper of the car was not repainted - post no. 41).

OP is now demanding a new car replacing this defective one which is not an easy thing to get unless TaMo take a positive decision for which they need to get convinced that their dealer knowingly delivered an old/used car which in my opinion the dealer is not going to agree so easily.

Consumer Forum also not going to take spot decision as they need to listen all parties hearing/explanation etc.

My suggestion is that the OP can also forward this thread Link to TaMo in continuation of his previous letter so that TaMo will come know that the things are out in the public so there can be a serious consideration from their end to this case?

Thread Starter #69
Please find attached the EVIDENCE NO. 1

Evidence 1.jpg

The evidence no. 2 is attached hereby

Evidence 2.jpg

Evidence no. 3 is hereby attached for your consideration

Evidence 3.jpg

No. 4 evidence for every ones consideration....

Evidence 4.jpg

The serial no EVIDENCE 5 is attached herewith for the reference...

Evidence 5.jpg

Evidence no. 6 is as attached......

Evidence 6.jpg

No. 7 in our list of Evidences is attached.

Evidence 7.jpg

Many more are to come....!!!

Please wait .......

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rajneesh, 100% it is painted and tampered car, fight back and get justice to your hard earned money. Some say it is the first or last car you buy, it doesn't matter you right is to get new car when you pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Rajneesh

Thanks for sharing the details. Now coming to the observations on the evidences shared by you.

* Evidence 1

Kindly confirm one thing i.e whether the bumper has been re-painted or not. The photo caption says re-painted where as the photo-note says Unpainted As for the gaps and misaligned corners, I'll get back by tomorrow morning after checking my car.

* Evidence 2

The bumper is not repainted as it looks to me. Reason: Had that been done even at dealer's end then too the dealer guys would have applied filler, would have sprayed a coat of primer and then would have gone for the paint. So, the chip highlighted by you should have had grey base coat to it if the bumper was repainted even by dealer or after market. Secondly, No dealer can match factory finish paint 100%. So if the bumper would have been repainted then a slight difference should have been there between the new painted panel and old painted panel which in this case isn't there as seen from pics. There is always a bit of difference in paint finish when a plastic panel is painted Vs a steel panel is painted. The paint chip highlighted by you could have occurred when the wheel arc cladding was being fixed or aligning the corner to the panel to curtail the panel gap. According to me, the paint looks OEM in Evidence 2.

* Evidence 3

If I go by the paint finish as seen in Evidence 4 i.e the Red paint near fog light garnish Vs the paint finish near front number plate, there is a visible difference in both. The Red Paint in Evidence 4 is brighter than that in Evidence 3. How can this be possible? If I assume 50% of the front bumper is OEM Paint and other 50% is re-paint then too there will be a big visible difference. Request you to post a full picture of the front bumper from some distance preferably in sunlight. As for the paint bubble, to me it looks a minor over-spray of clear coat.

* Evidence 4

The fog light garnish is usually provided in Black color as a base. To make it further aesthetically appealing the OEM uses multiple shades of paint to complement the car. In this case, the garnish has been painted Silver. The chip you are referring to might have been caused by pebble hit or a nudge in stockyard or showroom parking. This thing should have been set right by the dealer. Once if the OEM paint is damaged either by dealer or the staff before delivery then there are 2 ways out as I understand:

a) The buyer has the right to straight away reject the unit at that very point because these signs are quite visible.

b) To get the garnish repainted and accept it.

* Evidence 5

One headlight seems to be of the 1st lot of spares for Nexon and the 2nd headlight is manufactured in the month your car was manufactured i.e Feb-2018. Now, I don't think the headlight has been replaced because your car's VIN says it is February 2018 manufactured car so based on that, what I think has happened is that one light sanctioned was of the earlier lot (based on availability) and one from the later lot. If the headlight would have been replaced then firstly your car should have been manufactured in July-2017 which is not the case. Even if assume that the dealer tried swapping one headlight of your car before the sale with any other then also, the July-2017 made light should have defect or visible damage on it. Is there any damage on the headlight? If not, then this is just a case availability of spares that is all.

I will share an example: My Esteem met with an accident in 2008 October in which the inner the inner reflector of left light broke but the glass/plastic was intact yet both of them were replaced in pair. So, unless there is any visible difference in the appearance of the headlights or if there is any issue in regards to it's functioning, you should not get worried.

* Evidence 6

The missing rivet in the wheel well's inner cladding is definitely a miss. Infact it is these minor shortcomings for which even the customer has to be alert. I'll give you my own recent example. At the time of PDI of my Nexon, I found the ORVM's inner cover to be loose. I immediately informed the SA & GM and got the same fixed properly. You can refer to the PDI Pic of the same attached below.

20181011_124937.jpg

I am in no ways doubting your concern buddy, but, If I may ask, post delivery while driving did you by any chance ever went over a pothole or speed breaker with a reasonable speed? There is also a slight chance that the rivet placed in there might have been loose and would have come off.

* Evidence 7

The rubbed off Key ID isn't a big thing as such. It is just a code to identify the key for the particular vehicle. I am attaching pics of both my car's keys for your reference. The key of Tigor doesn't even have the Key-ID Plate but then it doesn't hamper my confidence in the fact that my car had been manufactured in June-2017. As for the key of Nexon, even my car's spare key is similar to yours.

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

I am waiting for the interior pics which you said had loose plastic and loose backrest.

Regards

Akash

I hope there is a lot judiciary style, law style discussions, personal observations and self assumed opinions on evidence something like going on in this thread [thinking][confused]. One thing for sure why dealer sold Feb 18 manufactured car. That itself enough. Dealer should answer. Once car lying such a long time all these things happen. There is a complaint on MSIL dealer Baleno used for free ride by mechanics in lunch time which came for service.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Rajneesh

I checked in my car as well the concern for the mis aligned front bumper. I am attaching the pics of my car's bumper for your reference. Hope it is helpful for you.

20181022_084745.jpg

20181022_084814.jpg

20181022_084845.jpg

Buddy, there is a slight difference in the right corner and left corner of front bumper in terms of alignment. This is present in my car too. This is visible only on very close inspection. The panel gap between the front fender and front bumper might look pronounced only if viewed from very close. This is a manufacturing shortfall as I can see. If you remember, the first batch of Tigor had mis-aligned glove box and it is there in my Tigor too and I mentioned it to the TML executives at the Nexon launch and I am sure this would have been informed by many others too so this time around, that manufacturing fault was addressed by TML with the Tigor Facelift. If you would like then I can share the pics of before & after as well.

PS: I also would like to inform you as well as some others who feel my opinions and evaluation isn't in line with your concerns and isn't helpful for your concerns, if so, I am OK to move out from the discussion and let the more informed guys take up the matter and help you with a reasonable solution. However, You have my word, if you find any shortfall in your car, I am ready to check the same with my own car to the best extent possible.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom