Decoding Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Got the VIN for Nexon Diesel XZ decoded and its a May-2018 manufactured unit. Informed the GM Sales & SA about the same. They have assured there is nothing to be worried about. Took second opinion from Vibhor also and shall carry out the PDI tomorrow morning @ dealership. Lets see how it all goes. Insurance and billing all complete.

Regards

Akash
They are giving you 5 months old car - does this mean that Nexon sales are low in your area /dealer?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Important information for readers of our forum and for the buyers who believe in keeping their car's VIN number private and also for those who know how to decode the VIN.

Most of us here on this forum with help of fellow members get the VIN number decoded for ascertaining the manufacturing month & year of our cars but to be double sure and to have 100% surety, please ask your Sales Advisers to check the 'Sales Certificate' which is issued to the dealer for the sale of your car. In that sales certificate, the precise month & year of manufacturing is mentioned.

Also let me tell you, it is not always that your Service Adviser will be highly informed about the car and such details so if the SA ignores or is unable to provide this detail then straight away contact the top official @ dealer's sales department. He/She would be having this info. This info is highly helpful for those also who don't know about the VIN.

A simple request by the buyer to the SA should be: Confirm me the manufacturing month & year from sales certificate. This practice should be followed as a norm whether you deal with luxury brand or a mass-market brand. Afterall, it is your money which is at stake and every buyer has the right to be absolutely convinced about the details of the vehicle he/she is buying.

Regards

Akash

Hi I am about to get the Ford Freestyle Delivered to me in a weeks time and my SA has given me the VIN. I understand its a Aug 2018 manufactured vehicle, or am i missing out something here?
Can anyone please confirm it for me? the VIN is MAJGXXMTKGJP11880

hello,

I have booked honda amaze and got VIN number MAKDF558BL4201284 but on searching it shows as Hyundai Elantra / Lantra / i30 / Avante 2020 VIN

Lookup Result:

ELANTRA.jpg

VIN:MAKDF558BL4201284

can any one help..... is it ok should i accept this car

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai car VIN will have 19 characters. You have given only 17 characters so It's not Hyundai car.

Honda Cars come with 17 characters and according to the above given 17 characters, the car manufactured in 2020 February. (B - represents the month, i.e. Feb and L represents year, which is 2020)

You may check with other sources also.

hello,I have booked honda amaze and got VIN number MAKDF558BL4201284 but on searching it shows as Hyundai Elantra / Lantra / i30 / Avante 2020 VIN Lookup Result: View attachment 272232 VIN:MAKDF558BL4201284 can any one help..... is it ok should i accept this car
The manufacturing year is perfect Feb'20, so no worries on this part.Online portal maybe confusing,but as you are going for PDI you can cross check the Chassis no on the vehicle to clear all doubts.Also a big Congratulations for your new car[cheers]

Top Bottom