Day Journeys VS Night Journeys: Your Preference

Which one do you prefer

• Total voters
I personally hate night driving especially between 12 to 4 midnight. This period seems to be very risky for driving. However confident you are about yourself unfortuantely the others are over-confident. If you see the statistics, accident occured are maximum during the said time. It always better to be late then Mr. Late :)

I personally hate night driving especially between 12 to 4 midnight. This period seems to be very risky for driving. However confident you are about yourself unfortuantely the others are over-confident. If you see the statistics, accident occured are maximum during the said time. It always better to be late then Mr. Late :)
+100,

We lost our beloved in a accident during the same time night driving. The fault was not by our people but the opposite lorry fellow was sleepy so he completely came in a wrong side and hit the Dzire. 3 of them died on the spot and only one survived.

So however easy or peaceful it is I always vote for day time driving for better control and better visibility[:)]

I drove in nights to so many places across the country, but still I feel day time is always safe

Last edited:
For a known route i always prefer night. Simply because there are very less two wheelers and all sorts of nuisance on the road.
Although using backroads At night is still a no to me.

For night ride, I would like to say only one thing that in India there is no proper driving sense and especially with lorry people, so even though you are so alert and correct you will be hit by a idiot on the road, so always I vote for day driving, because it is our precious life and more than any vehicle and driving expertise[:)]

Always loved day driving. Reasons:
* good visibility
* I admire nature
* Better security
* speed humps and potholes are a menace

Dislike night driving as I am compelled to just looking out for speed humps, pot holes and staggering drunken idiots.

Never done any long drive in the night, apart from short city/sub urban stints.

Personally feel driving 11pm to 5 am is risky affair, even if you are alert, others may not.

Best driving time 5 am to 9 am on an Sunday morning.[:D]

Problem with night driving is :
1. you dont know where the potholes are in high speed, on our highways sometimes cows and other animals sits in night too and at the speed of 80/90 kmph if something happens then only god can save us. Imagine a big speed breaker on decent highway? Indian roads are not that safe for night driving.

2. After all car is machines and machines can fail anytime. Just think if car stalls in middle of road with kids and women inside on unknown stretch.

3. High-beams of oncoming vehicles can blind you, what if there's broken road there?

4. its not worth risking your life, Nights are meant for sleeping, and we do feel sleepy and many accidents do happens because driver was taking power nap behind wheels.

5. In night being very less traffic its very easy for thugs to stop you and rob you/ your car or worst kill you.

If its really important then only do night drive, and always tailgate any vehicle with good distance.

be within your limits and be sure you can stop if something came up suddenly on road.

If someone tries to stop you, best advice is to run over on them with your car, remember your life is more important then your car.

always try to stop on fuel stations, wash mouth, stretch yourself. If you are feeling sleepy and YOU SHOULD SLEEP on next dhaba or toll plaza or any safe place with good vehicle movement.

My vote goes for Day time driving. The risks of night driving

1. a cattle or human beings crossing the road can't be spotted.
2. single lane highways where the vehicles overtake each other and when we take easy manover we aren't sure what is by the side of road.
3. absence of reflectors in Heavy vehicles. i have seen lorry without brake lights and even turn indicators.
4. fatigue.

Here is what I follow for night driving:

known stretches: speed of 80-90. when I spot a heavy vechicle, i reduce the speed honk many times( I don't like to honk during night but i want to be safe) and use dippers. the pass on

unknown stretches: never exceed 70.

would like to share experience with you guyz, some 2 year back i was talking with my gf, and she said she wanted to see me, and started crying i was in jaipur and she was in delhi [anger]

I was also in love with her so to make her feel happy i told her that ok you will see me in morning outside your house. time was 10.30 p.m, i asked my friend (roommate) if he like to visit delhi? (bhai ghuhmane chalega delhi) he was ok, When? i said right now. He was looking at me like [surprise]

Well i pulled him with me as don't want ride alone. And vehicle was pulsar 150.
i got to fuel station told him to tank full, and with full excitement we were on highway, actually now i think that was love but not for her but for my driving, i wanted to ride in night and she was just a reason.

i was comfortably doing 80+ road was wide enough it was all dark, no moon light suddenly bike was just about to touch divider, Yes road just turned and i was not being able to see divider on that road in that night, might be my high beams were out of focus, but i got really scared. after that i was driving 70+.

Road was full with trucks and trucks and only trucks and we were only small creator there. At toll plazas truck wala's were amazed to see us in that night,

On a dabha we stopped for tea, i was really afraid of goons or drunken peoples, all highway robbery's were in mind.
then we stop for meal, it was very cold night i must say, Then we were on our way suddenly 2 bikes comes of no where and started zig zag in front of us, i was like boy you are gone today. Suddenly i saw a police check-post, a police car was also standing there, so i pulled towards them, set with them for sometime, they were on patrolling, when i asked about those guys they ask us to stay for some time there, we stayed there for some 20 minutes and then SI told me to proceeds and gave me his no. also that in any help i can even call him.

so i with confident proceed, i was real fast afterward, thank fully those bikes were not anymore, on gurgaon border i called SI and thanked him and told that we have reached safely. Gurgaon onward i feel safe. [clap]

Time was around 3 am, i must admit i felt scared on road between 1 - 2 am,
was near daulakuan, when a innova crossed us in very high speed and after few kilometers we saw that car crashed into a divider at a circle roundabout.. that was really scary moment, police have arrived and i think passengers were safe. we didn't stopped though.
reached her home around 5am and she was so happy to see me. after all for this smile only i have came driving all night.

overall it was not so pleasant experience and on many occasions i felt real sleepy, but after seeing innova i just shocked, stopped at next fule pump, and washed my face too. and my friend pledge to never join my in any night drive. Although i done jaipur ajmer in night too with another friend, it was really nice drive. very good roads and very manner full traffic.

at ajmer ride, my friend was very comfortable for night drive so i started it. but soon he started sleepy and once laterally falls off the bike because of sleep. i stopped and slapped him, and told pappad ban jayega **** you will be crushed.

sat for some time he slept for 30 minutes, and when i ask him to start again he was crying not to start again, but as it was unknown highway for me i was not listning, finally we reached ajmer at around 4 am.

For highway drives, I never do night journey since I feel extremely insecure at night - Insecurity of Theft, Insecurity if Car Breaks Down.

Thread Starter #42
would like to share experience with you guyz, some 2 year back i was talking with my gf, and she said she wanted to see me, and started crying i was in jaipur and she was in delhi [anger]

I was also in love with her so to make her feel happy i told her that ok you will see me in morning outside your house. time was 10.30 p.m, i asked my friend (roommate) if he like to visit delhi? (bhai ghuhmane chalega delhi) he was ok, When? i said right now. He was looking at me like [surprise]
overall it was not so pleasant experience and on many occasions i felt real sleepy, but after seeing innova i just shocked, stopped at next fule pump, and washed my
sat for some time he slept for 30 minutes, and when i ask him to start again he was crying not to start again, but as it was unknown highway for me i was not listning, finally we reached ajmer at around 4 am.
Although your incident is scary enough to go on a night drive, but the fault isn't in the night drive friend, sorry to say it's your fault completely even risking your friend's life. Please don't try this again.

For a night drive your mind should to be prepared well enough, if you think only about negative things, that seldom happens.

I did a 450 kms stretch the whole night, route unknown, ghat sections with full of pot-holes and inside the forest, all i had is courage, coolness, enjoyed every bit of it. This doesn't mean i'm motivating you guys to have a night drive, but you should believe and stay alert.

For me, Day time drive anyday[:)]. Have faced severe eye strain from the high beams of upcoming vehicles that alone is a major cause for preventing me to drive at night apart from lowered confidence than the daytime. But I love the night drives for super silent highway rides with cool breeze.

While I am going through this thread I remember my college days. In night time when we use to get bored we used to go to Mahableshwar or Lonavala just for the sake of Driving. At that time I had an Original Japanese Made 1988 RD 350 model and a splendour 1997 model. That time we never bothered about blind spots and other obstacles, really did all the stunts but today I realized how wrong we were and what all problems could had occurred by our one single mistake.

Although your incident is scary enough to go on a night drive, but the fault isn't in the night drive friend, sorry to say it's your fault completely even risking your friend's life. Please don't try this again.
i fully agree with you vishwas, those were college days, and i was just stupid... will never do such stunts ever in my life again.

Top Bottom