Day (Clear) & Night (Yellow) Driving Glasses Review

Nairrk

Honoured Member
This happens due to High Beaming Idiots. There is not much you can do about it. Focus on the left side of road and consider upgrading your existing Headlamps. I have High Beam assists on most of my cars for the same reason. A few flashes of these most fools will yield. Of course its mandatory you are in low beams first.
Yes, very true. Now-a-days, most of the banks are financing 100pct loan and many are buying cars but do not learn any road discipline

Re-position your dashcam. This is a major safety risk.
The Dashcam itself is meant to fix on the OEM IRVM. It cannot be fixed anywhere else as it does not have any stand or clip to hook somewhere else ?

Since these glasses are just 300 bucks, You can buy em and try em. In my opinion they do not have any glare reduction.
Yes, I will buy one and see how best it is going to work in such situations.!

Thread Starter #17

bhvm

Honoured Member
The Dashcam itself is meant to fix on the OEM IRVM. It cannot be fixed anywhere else as it does not have any stand or clip to hook somewhere else ?
Can you post a photo of it?
There is something you can try with a mobile/tablet holder maybe.

I have the yellow color night vision goggle and I use it once in a while. It helps reduces eye strain since it changes white and blue color lights to yellow (Like incandescent lights). Visibility is also improved which helps in low light conditions but it may get worst if the light is too bright (i.e high beam of oncoming traffic). Lenses are made of hard plastic that gets scratched easily and comfort is not good because frame is tight and temples hurt.

If you have issues with LED lights then this goggle will help but not much for high beam or glare. Since it doesn't cost much, give it a try and see if it helps you. [:)]

Thread Starter #22

bhvm

Honoured Member
Then you should attach it via Mobile holder and keep your IRVM free for Day night adjustment

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Then you should attach it via Mobile holder and keep your IRVM free for Day night adjustment
Yes, I have to do something to keep the day & night IRVM ready for use. Frankly, I have fitted the Dashcam with Reverse camera set up mainly for the reverse camera feature. Since, reverse camera is now connected with the touchscreen, I can even keep free the IRVM without the Dashcam for the time being (until an alternative arrangement has been found for the Dashcam) ..

Thread Starter #28

bhvm

Honoured Member
No. Don't do that. Just yellow tinted plastic does not help.
Get polarized ones. They are a different technology. If all fails, I guess they can be used as regular sunglasses as they are photosensitive.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The polarized glasses (the one shown in the link) are just plain (0 number) glasses whereas I use spectacles which may be a problem using such glasses. I already have sunglasses which I am not using now since it do not have my required number, so adding another one in this list is a waste. That's the reason, I wanted to test on a cheaper product and if it works, then will go for premium ones later (anyway, my night driving will be just once or twice in a month).

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Received Dervin Night Vision glass just now. The product looks nice, but not sure how effective in the night against oncoming vehicle lights. Will have to test it and see what difference I get because of wearing this glass.

It comes with a big box with a wiping cloth (small piece) and small sticker which on one side reads as ''Blocks UVA and UVB Rays - UV protection up to 100%'' '
and on the other side there is a warning note:

DSC09364.JPG

DSC09365.JPG

DSC09366.JPG

DSC09367.JPG

The glass is bigger in size, but the frame width is little small (bit tight for my face).

DSC09368.JPG

DSC09370.JPG

Will update further after testing it in the night time.!

Top Bottom