Day (Clear) & Night (Yellow) Driving Glasses Review

Nairrk

Honoured Member
No. Don't do that. Just yellow tinted plastic does not help.
Yes, you are fully right. Today I used the glass (just came back home from a drive - for a wedding reception). and it seems useless - everything seems yellow. All the incoming vehicles headlight shines as yellow. Was wearing it for 5 minutes and immediately removed it. (Also the glass does not have any power, hence that too gives some trouble). What I need is a glass which can wear on top of my prescription glass (fit over sunglass). Googled it, but not many night driving anti-glare glasses available in this category (those which were listed all sunglass category which is mainly for the use in the daytime).

Thread Starter #32

bhvm

Honoured Member
I saw some products that actually clip on your Sun visor and keeps your face/eyes free from that burden. But looks like the same Yellow cheap plastic.
To Block glare you actually need an Intelligent Night vision system which comes with really high end cars.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have seen these car sun visor protection. It may be well useful for day time driving (to reduce the glare of the sunlight), but not sure how effective for the night driving (as you said again they provide a yellow sheet for the night driving protection which only change colour but not works as anti-glare). Will have to test it, but at least my eyesight problem will be solved. In addition, I may have to change /upgrade the headlight bulbs as have seen 90% of the vehicles are now-a-days fitted with upgraded bulbs that makes life difficult for those whom driving with stock bulbs

Thread Starter #34

bhvm

Honoured Member
In addition, I may have to change /upgrade the headlight bulbs as have seen 90% of the vehicles are now-a-days fitted with upgraded bulbs that makes life difficult for those whom driving with stock bulbs
The issue stems with using British-era 55/60w Headlight standard with an Anemic 1100 Lumens (Comparable to 12w Household LED bulb).
Considering Modern Driving Speeds and adverse road conditions in India, Anything less than 3000 Lumens are a strict no no.
All my cars are anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 Lumens total.

Top Bottom