Day (Clear) & Night (Yellow) Driving Glasses Review

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello Everyone,
I Just happened to Purchase a set of Day and Night Glasses just for the heck of it. They costed me 250 a piece. Regular Ebay plastic stuff.

You might have heard how Yellow glasses are scam and all that, so here's a simple, Honest review from my side.

Clear ones-
The clear glasses are nothing but-Clear.
There's no lensing. The best use for them is on Bikes where you don't want any tints but also want protection from dust and debris. I do have serious dust allergy and these are godsend to me. Even when wearing at night, there's no reduction in Vision or anything. They're Tight fitting and prevent any air blasts from reaching your eyes.
Infact after a few minutes you'll forget you're wearing them!

Rating 4.5/5!

Yellow ones-
Now these are surrounded by many controversies.
Some says that yellow tints reduce glare. Others say that they appear reduce Illumination of your headlights as well.

Well, here we go.
The yellow glasses have the same frame as the clear ones. Snug fit but comfortable. One thing I love is how Bright they make my vision. Every thing appears crystal clear. Our Eyes are tuned to Yellow light (Sunlight is yellow), Hence seeing through yellow tints makes everything appear more sharp and bright. They also reduce slightly any glare from White or Blue headlamps. However, if you have White headlights (Crystal vision or HID) These glasses will make your Own lights look dim. Its not a problem with Factory Yellow Lights. Overall I loved them. However I wish it would've addressed glare from oncoming highbeams more effectively. The Glare is reduced but present.

Rating 4/5!

Attachments

Hello Everyone,

Yellow ones-
Now these are surrounded by many controversies.
Some says that yellow tints reduce glare. Others say that they appear reduce Illumination of your headlights as well.

Well, here we go.
The yellow glasses have the same frame as the clear ones. Snug fit but comfortable. One thing I love is how Bright they make my vision. Every thing appears crystal clear. Our Eyes are tuned to Yellow light (Sunlight is yellow), Hence seeing through yellow tints makes everything appear more sharp and bright. They also reduce slightly any glare from White or Blue headlamps. However, if you have White headlights (Crystal vision or HID) These glasses will make your Own lights look dim. Its not a problem with Factory Yellow Lights. Overall I loved them. However I wish it would've addressed glare from oncoming highbeams more effectively. The Glare is reduced but present.

Rating 4/5!

I am very much interested in the night glass. I face difficulty while driving at night - not able to see the road middle divider due to glare of the oncoming traffic.

Since you are using one at present, can you tell me if this problem is resolved to a extend with this glass?

Thread Starter #3

bhvm

Honoured Member
your first step should be to upgrade the headlight.
next use the glasses. it apperantly reduces 30 to 40.percent glare.

My most of the highway driving consists of night driving so I was also looking for solution which reduces the glare without affecting the vision. I have got zero power anti glare spectacles however I have not yet tried it on highway. I am not sure how effective it would be?[confused] My next highway trip would be at end of the March (next month) so I will try at that time and provide my reviews. I had also came across this yellow tinted glasses on ebay when I was looking for some solution but then I had dropped the idea after reading some articles and blogs which says it is not advisable to wear yellow tinted glasses at night. [cry] So I decided to try zero power anti glare spectacles which any way I was thinking to get to wear when I sit in front of my computer/laptop.

I would like to hear from fellow TAI'gers for their workaround/solution to reduce the glare at night. I know cleaning the windshield before driving helps a lot but still there will be glare. I am using polarized glasses for the day time driving and I am impressed with the result. It reduces glare of sun light and reflection of the sun light from the dash board to almost none. Similar thing I want for night driving however I know polarized glasses can't be wore at night.

your first step should be to upgrade the headlight.
next use the glasses. it apperantly reduces 30 to 40.percent glare.
Your advise is to upgrade to white or blue HID's or the yellow ones themselves? I mean which one is best overall.

My most of the highway driving consists of night driving so I was also looking for solution which reduces the glare without affecting the vision. I have got zero power anti glare spectacles however I have not yet tried it on highway.
Hey buddy, I have been using the anti glare glasses themselves same as you said but mine are for a vision defect of 0.5.
Have been using the zero power glasses before that and made many full night drives using them for a couple of years and I am more than satisfied with the results.
Rest I feel that glass quality also matters a lot. Mine is equipped with Crizal glasses and I am more than happy with that. They are really good and last really long too. Would like to hear from someone using Karl Zeiss about its feedback though.

Thread Starter #6

bhvm

Honoured Member
mr vipul,
I. would not suggest blue hids or blue bulbs of any sort. I feel blue tone increases glare and is totally useless in rain /fog!

if you want Hid, best tone is 4300k. that's mostly white with a tinge of yellow. (off white ).
otherwise you can go for 100/90w yellow bulbs with relay very cheaply.

if you want to upgrade your headlights, you're at the right place. just Open a thread and I'll jump right in.

mr, Patel.
do share more of your experiences. I have felt some betterment with yellow glasses but nothing works against high beam glare of trucks /buses. only answer is education and some very bright but well aimed headlights

Thread Starter #9

bhvm

Honoured Member
I used the yellow anti glare glasses this time for my gujrat trip. this was a continuous 6 hour drive in night time. I must say I'm pleased. the yellow glass converts all light output to warm white, which is easier on the eye than direct glare.

what's more, the glasses specifically reduces brightness of my own vehicles GPS screen and helps adjust eyes for the road.
so there goes my long term review.

Gents, interesting thread. I have a pair of yellow Polaroid lens glasses. Interestingly, I have started driving with them in the rains in Bangalore. I must say there is dramatic reduction in any rain related stress during driving, in the eyes. The glasses seem to blur out the effect of falling rain completely, and I see almost as well as dry weather conditions. I dont know if its Polaroid that makes the difference, but I am sure even if they were non Polaroid, plain yellow glasses would still be beneficial.

Try them out and see if it makes a difference for you as well.

Thread Starter #11

bhvm

Honoured Member
Gents, interesting thread. I have a pair of yellow Polaroid lens glasses. Interestingly, I have started driving with them in the rains in Bangalore. I must say there is dramatic reduction in any rain related stress during driving, in the eyes. The glasses seem to blur out the effect of falling rain completely, and I see almost as well as dry weather conditions. I dont know if its Polaroid that makes the difference, but I am sure even if they were non Polaroid, plain yellow glasses would still be beneficial.

Try them out and see if it makes a difference for you as well.

I'll try them in rain and let you know.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I am planning to buy a night driving/anti glare glass as I found driving at night become very difficult with oncoming vehicles fitted with upgraded headlights. Checked Amazon and shortlisted below items. please share your opinions/comments (Note: I wear normal glasses)

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Thread Starter #13

bhvm

Honoured Member
Nairrk, I have not used yellow ones much as they do not have any significant glare reduction. It just makes color appear warmer which might help if you use White headlights. I would suggest you would rather save your money here.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
would suggest you would rather save your money here
A little confused. Do you mean that it is not worth buying these glasses? or it points only to Yellow glasses??

Yesterday, we had to attend a family party in one of our relation's house which is around 7 kms away from my home. While coming back (around 9 Pm), I had to struggle to negotiate with the oncoming vehicle and side cutting (edge) of the main road. There was a glare from oncoming vehicles as well as from vehicles behind which directly was hitting on my IRVM (cannot adjust the day/night mode of the IRVM since Dashcam was fixed on the OEM mirror and this Dashcam attracts more glare). I had to slow down or rather stop the car in many places, but managed to reach home without any damage. Since then I have been thinking of buying such night anti glare glasses which may be helpful to negotiate in such situations?

Thread Starter #15

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. This happens due to High Beaming Idiots. There is not much you can do about it. Focus on the left side of road and consider upgrading your existing Headlamps. I have High Beam assists on most of my cars for the same reason. A few flashes of these most fools will yield. Of course its mandatory you are in low beams first.

2. Re-position your dashcam. This is a major safety risk.

3. Since these glasses are just 300 bucks, You can buy em and try em. In my opinion they do not have any glare reduction.

Top Bottom