Datsun Strikes Back With ‘Go’ Hatchback (Coverage: Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Datsun Comes Back With ‘Go’ Hatchback (Launch Coverage: Page 3)

@Vibhor,

That was little surprising to me !! Then what they want to convey with this kind of launch and the availability will be only in early 2014. They want people to keep talking about it till then, if so without a model seen in flesh in and outs how some body can talk about it.

Some how I felt this is little surprising and abnormal launching strategy[:)]
I think this party was keeping in mind the current Indian market, where people wants to wait for new cars. So now they have successfully made many people wait for the launch of this car. People who are now considering Alto K10 may want to wait a bit more and check the Datsun as well.

I may be wrong, but I think this party was for creating initial hype before launch in early 2014.

Looks a mixed of maruti alto and micra first generation.But overall fit and finish looks top notch, space would be better it seems.Nissan need to have a better wide spread network for this small car to sell in good numbers across nation and not just limited to big cities.
Why they wasted the space between two seats on front, i mean practically that extra cushioning is not needed in front for any extra passengers, neither practically as well for safety.
There should be given some cubby holes and panel for nick nacks along with a 12V charging socket, hope this might not be there in production model and just to showcase that extra added seat on front.

Very good launch by Datsun. I like the Elegant model of the car Stunning front view and boot looks much better then most of the present day cramped boots.Can see shadow of Micra in it at some points.

Dashboard Mounted Gear knob helps a child seat in between driver and front passenger and the price also seems to competitive with present hatchbacks in Market[:)]

Yes Vijay even I thought same like you about that extra cushion between both the seats, but like Fahad said there is a room for a child to sit there since the gear rod is integrated with the dash, but the co passenger cannot put the seat belt on( But it is really a practical thinking impress a typical Indian buyer[;)])

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

That was little surprising to me !! Then what they want to convey with this kind of launch and the availability will be only in early 2014. They want people to keep talking about it till then, if so without a model seen in flesh in and outs how some body can talk about it. Some how I felt this is little surprising and abnormal launching strategy
This approach of car manufacturers is not abnormal at all. Just for the record, Ford also conducted a global premiere of Ecosport concept much earlier than its launch. The idea behind it is simple. Generate an excitement amongst the audience and at the same time, collect a feedback too which helps them in the final production and marketing strategies. I’m proud that emerging manufacturers are so serious about their local operations that if there’s a new global product, the first nation where it debuts is none other but India. Remember, Datsun is an all-new name in this era. They need to make their presence felt because brand value does matter in this market. Such techniques will help Datsun to become a more familiar name prior the commencement of actual sales. However, so far I still think there’s quite little marketing from Datsun. For example: Their facebook page still does not have any update on ‘Go’, instead its busy focusing on some random Twitter contest. Likewise there was no buzz prior this event either. Go seems to be a promising hatchback considering the price tag of sub four lakh rupees but again, it’s the brand value that decides a product’s fortune in India. Hope Nissan is taking a note of it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

looks nice, but little similar alto 800,i20 and eon. but this mobile docking station didnt impress me. could have been a simple HU with CD,USB and iPod/iPhone connectivity. this looks like a cheap Chinese FM Radio

350Z

Core Team

Oncars.in reports that Datsun is planning to showcase production ready prototypes of ‘Go’ at a few selected Nissan dealerships to grab public attention.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Rendering – Datsun Go Sedan takes on the Honda Amaze, Maruti Dzire

Datsun-Go-Sedan.jpg

Source: Link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Car looks quite good inside out. Think Indian version will have a few tweaks. Absence of a glove box will not go down well with the customers here, they need to fix that.

Nissan enjoys a good brand name in India but for their cars to be successful they must not repeat the mistake of another automobile giant Fiat - must increase their A.S.S network asap.

Dashboard Mounted Gear knob helps a child seat in between driver and front passenger and the price also seems to competitive with present hatchbacks in Market[:)]
It'll be a misfortune if people start using that little space as a child seat. Not only is there no provision of seat belt, the gear knob sticks straight out at the child in that position. Don't even want to imagine what will happen in a frontal collision.

Great catch Appu. Think you snapped this on the way from/to native vellore.

May be the first to spot it in flesh on road in our community.

Great catch Appu. Think you snapped this on the way from/to native vellore.

May be the first to spot it in flesh on road in our community.

Yes Hari. I spotted this when I was traveling to Vellore in Etios(Cab) from Chennai[;)].

Yes, I'm getting more chance of spotting Test cars/trucks on every weekends[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom