Datsun Go Review & Pictures: Go Datsun Go

Re: Datsun Go: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

It was past 6:30 pm. And i was en-route to some other place, when i spotted Nissan showroom near MG Road. Hence dropped in for quick review.

2072 Datsun GO Sold in Just 10 Days of Launch

Nissan launched their budget brand ‘Datsun’ in India very recently and the first product coming out from them was the impressive ‘Go’ hatcback which was launched on 19th of March 2014.

And, in an official communication, Nissan informs us that they have sold as many as 2072 GOs in India within a short span of 10-11 days of its national launch. This does prove that Nissan has managed to create an air and know-how of the ‘Datsun’ brand in India which was their biggest challenge.

But more importantly, the city-wise sales would clear a bigger picture. Are the sales majorly confined to the metros where it is easier to tell a customer that it is eventually a Nissan car that they are buying, or a significant portion of sales have come from the tier 2 and tier 3 cities.

Datsun Go Sales: Nissan Annual & March 2014 Sales: Terrano Largest Seller | MotorBash.com

Datsun Go accessory packages explained

Women edition

Under this package, you can get a reverse parking sensor, reverse parking camera, remote locking security system, parcel tray, rear window curtain, side window curtain, cushion kit, mood light and body graphics at an extra cost.

Family package-1 (Std+mid)

This basic package comes with carpet mats, a PVC luggage mat, art leather seat cover, cushion kit, parcel tray, side curtain and a remote locking security system.

Family Package-2 (High)

This one comes with a bit more kit, including fog lamps, door visor, body side moulding, a steering wheel cover, carpet mat, PVC luggage mat, art leather seat cover, cushion kit, parcel tray, side window curtain and a remote locking security system.

Sporty Package

As the name suggests, opting for this package will get you a rear spoiler, roof rails, fog lamps, door visor, alloy wheel, exhaust finisher, body side moulding and body graphics. Additionally, it includes a scuff plate with LEDs, art leather seat cover, a steering wheel cover and leather gear knob.

Trendy package

This package offers an accessory combo of reverse parking camera, antenna, rear parcel tray, an audio system with smart phone connectivity, two rear speakers, glowing logo and mood light.

Essential package-1

This accessory package includes some popular accessories that car buyers normally opt for like a remote locking security system, body cover, splash guard, a luggage mat, black PVC mats, fabric seat covers and a steering wheel cover.

Essential package-2

This accessory package will get Datsun Go buyers a rear parcel tray, carpet mat, remote locking security system, fabric seat cover and a steering wheel cover.

Source: Datsun Go accessory packages explained | Car News | Budget hatchbacks | Autocar India

Price List - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/datsun-go-accessory-price-list-375225.aspx/2

Last edited:

Datsun Go accessory packages explained

Women edition

Under this package, you can get a reverse parking sensor, reverse parking camera, remote locking security system, parcel tray, rear window curtain, side window curtain, cushion kit, mood light and body graphics at an extra cost.
This is plain sexism. Basically Nissan is advertising that women can't park cars and are too short to drive without cushions. Are you absolutely certain that they are offering this package under that name?

If so, they may find themselves in legal quandaries.

This is plain sexism. Basically Nissan is advertising that women can't park cars and are too short to drive without cushions. Are you absolutely certain that they are offering this package under that name?

If so, they may find themselves in legal quandaries.
I've mentioned the source of information. And i believe, they wouldnt go wrong on it.

There are two versions for everything, positive and negative.

Cushions need not be for height adjustment as you said. It could be used by co-passengers to take nap / enhance interior appeal etc.

Does having reverse park sensors mean that one cannot park? I dont believe so, bcoz, if you check statistics, more and more men are opting for such gadgets these days, just to make things easier in modern day world.

Datsun (Nissan) must have reached out to the general public, to check what kind of gadgets they prefer. And the women edition could have been feedback received from women.

Last edited:

I've mentioned the source of information. And i believe, they wouldnt go wrong on it.

There are two versions for everything, positive and negative.

Cushions need not be for height adjustment as you said. It could be used by co-passengers to take nap / enhance interior appeal etc.

Does having reverse park sensors mean that one cannot park? I dont believe so, bcoz, if you check statistics, more and more men are opting for such gadgets these days, just to make things easier in modern day world.

Datsun (Nissan) must have reached out to the general public, to check what kind of gadgets they prefer. And the women edition could have been feedback received from women.
Ok, maybe I'm being a bit negative. But by advertising this as a "Women's edition" they can still be accused of generalizing a group of people, despite the size of their sample group.

It does not necessarily mean they cannot park, but simply because there's no such thing as a "Men's edition" with parking aids, many people will perceive it as inducing gender contrast into a community. Especially since we are currently in a very sensitive position regarding the treatment of women.

I'm not saying these won't be helpful, I'm just saying that Nissan has used a very tactless way to advocate these accessories.

Last edited:

I personally felt the interiors very boring compared with rivals like Eon. No safety features (ABS/Air Bag) even as optional? Also not providing a proper retractable seat belf at back benchers [frustration] come-onn Nissan/Datsun, this is Year 2014 and not 80's when you closed this brand. Don't leave indians at the merci of the god while driving.
Smartphone docking is smart idea but how can it be replacement to proper ICE? Nissan/Datsun, are you giving smartphone as freebee? [;)] well not, so why you want people to spend extra on that if one doesn't need it otherwise?
I may sound negative, but for me safety is priority and this seems like playing with customer, as this cost cutting is not reflected in the price which is at par with rivals almost.

Last edited:

First of all, as usual two thumbs up for a fantastic review. [cheers] This style has created a standard. I really like those video snippets in between.
===========
Recently I got a chance to take test drive of this car. The test car had done mere 100kms, but believe me, it felt as old as my 10 year-old Alto.
The good first impression due to exterior look and size took a back seat as soon as I touched this car to open its door. Sat on the driver's seat and the same door was shut as if 2 thin metal sheets are banging onto each other.
For plastics, only one word, Cheap!!! Especially the AC vents. They are made up of Kinder Joy toy quality material. The pseudo audio system with Mobile phone attachment is a smart and practical idea but may not be digested by all. Gear shifter is located a bit high and at an uncomfortable position for people like me who always keep their left hand on the shifter. Same is the case for hand brake. It is odd to operate. And all this for 6 inch of seat cushion, huh!!!
The biggest disappointment is the engine. It does not feel like "Go"ing. Accelerator pedal is hard, driveability is similar to a go-kart where engine breaking is predominant even at higher gears; which is one more thing I can relate to my 10-year old . Noise level is very high for this engine and it does not give a sensation of smooth ride.
Top end model costs 4.47L On-road Mumbai which is priced at least 50K higher for this car.
I sat in micra active after and with just 50K more, it happened to be a big improvement. Even Nissan sales people are suggesting this option. And with @4.60L on-road proven i10-Magna, we would see Datsun Go struggling right from the launch.

@350Z, I have a humble qualm though; in my view, 8 stars for Design and Quality needs some justification. I would give it 6.

Last edited:

today saw 2 Datsun Go while returning from my office. One was in red and the other one was in white color. I must say the car looks far far better than the maruti altos and hyudai eon. It definitely looks premium compared to the entry level hatchbacks.

today saw 2 Datsun Go while returning from my office. One was in red and the other one was in white color. I must say the car looks far far better than the maruti altos and hyudai eon. It definitely looks premium compared to the entry level hatchbacks.
yes from outside it looks premium (looks are subjective: for me it looks better than the hyundai and maruthi cars in that price bracket ) as painting finish and design looks great, but interiors looks low quality

I don't know about interior coz i have not seen the interiors in real life. I guess I need to go to a dealer :)

Thread Starter #87

350Z

Core Team

I'm spending this weekend with a Datsun Go. I'll update this thread with further observations (if any). If someone has particular queries, feel free to shoot.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z@

I really want to know your comments on the driving experiance of this car with atlast 3/4 people and Ac compared to other 1.2 cc petrol hatchbacks specially Grand i10.

Top Bottom