Datsun Go Review & Pictures: Go Datsun Go

Re: Datsun Go: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

I dare say the exterior at least in pictures looks the best in this segment.
However, interior is a kinda let down.

Cost cutting is fine but their are some basic things like internally adjustable Orvm which shouldn't be missed on any car in any variant. Still, people might prefer it just cos of it space which i assume is best in segment. Few missing things like fog lamps etc can be added aftermarket so that's not a big thing. Concern will be lack of service centers pan india. That's where Maruti rules and Hyundai isn't far behind.

All in all i will never buy it just cos its missing Abs and Airbags and i value my life and my loved ones more than the money we can save buying a car without safety features. Will be interesting seeing the sales number for initial months.

Datsun Go Launched with a Killer Price 3.12L

Datsun announces the start of sales of Datsun GO hatchback at an attractive price range of INR 3.12 - 3.69 lahk, ex-showrrom, chennai

Datsun GO range to include three variants and four colour options, to be retailed through a fully branded environment within Nissan's delearship network across the country.

The GO comes with a 2 years / unlimited kilometres manufacturer warranty. First hatchback to offer an extended warranty for additional 2 years/ unlimited kilometres as an option.

Range topping T variant to come with electronic power sterring, front power windows and first in segment Mobile Docking Station.

The car has 5 seats and a 265 litre boot.

The GO is available in three variants - D, A and T, which have been priced at Rs. 3,12,033, Rs. 3,46,191 and Rs. 3,69,671 ex Showroom Chennai.

The GO is a 5-door hatchback, which is available in 4 body colours - white, silver, sky (blue) and ruby (red).

The entry level D variant gets features like silver-finish front radiator grille, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, digital tachometer, drive computer that displays instantaneous fuel economy, average fuel economy and distance to empty.

The mid-level A variant adds a chrome front grille, body coloured bumpers, air conditioner and Jacquard seat upholstery to the list.

The T variant gets speed sensitive electric power steering, front power windows, mobile docking station with amplifier, universal mobile holder, aux-in and USB charger, front speakers and full wheel covers.

The GO is be powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, petrol engine, which produces 67 bhp @ 5000rpm and 104 Nm of torque @ 4000 rpm, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Datsun claims that the car can return a fuel efficiency figure of 20.63 km/l.

Re: Datsun Go Launched with a Killer Price 3.12L

I dont know but I don't see anything special in this car. Many other cars in this price range, are similar(if not better). For this price I would choose Micra over Go may be. The positive is the cabin space (by the looks of it)

The top model(T) is still VFM considering the on road might be some where like 4.5 lacs. But the A and T models are just waste.
In 2006-2008 Indica Xeta (Non AC, Non PS) and Santro Xing XK(Non AC, Non PS) were available around 2.6-2.8 lacs. This will give you an idea how costly Go is for the base variant.

Maruti Suzuki India fell 0.94% to Rs 1,853 at 15:06 IST on BSE after rival Japanese carmaker Nissan Motors on Wednesday, 19 March 2014, launched its low-cost Datsun brand in India.
Looks like paid news [lol]

Looks like paid news [lol]
Agreed. Just under 1% might sound insignificant, but for a business that's significant, especially when they claim it to be an 'overnight' change!

Re: Datsun Go vs Rest of the Competition

What's the seating capacity of datsun go allowed by RTO, 4 or 5? How many seat belts are provided at back?

Re: Datsun Go vs Rest of the Competition

What's the seating capacity of datsun go allowed by RTO, 4 or 5? How many seat belts are provided at back?
Seating capacity is 5. And the rear has 2 "proper seat belts" and 1 "seat belt like thing".

Last edited:

Had a visit to Shahwar dealership last weekend, checked out Datsun GO.

They had the top end version (blue shade) & a customized version (white) with some accessories (int & ext) and body graphics on it.

Here are my takes on the car. (personal view)

Pros:
- Ample Interior Space. I would say best in terms of what its competitors are offering
- GC of 170mm
- Good boot space of 265ltrs
- Universal Mobile Docking station with USB (charge only) and AUX output. One can use an ipod, cell phone, gps device.
- Integrated front seat looked good. Guess driver + 1 passenger + 1 kid can be accommodated
- Good feel of steering wheel
- Gear shift guide
- Follow me home headlamps
- Plenty of utility spaces
- 2yrs unlimited kms warranty

Cons:
- Just a push to close the door didnt help. One needs to really close it. Also, no thud kind of sound while closing
- Thin sun visor, no vanity mirror on offer even in top end variant
- No safety features (ABS, airbags & EBD. This has been doing the rounds ever since the specs were out)
- Internally adjustable lever for side mirrors are missing even in top end trim
- Power steering only in top end version, AC in top two trims. [anger]
- Rear view mirror does not have day / night settings. Its going to be a pain driving with this under the lights
- Pre-era looking hand brake lever, even though its placed ergonomically
- Fixed position for steering wheel. Although, future addition slot is visible
- No fog lamps even on top end variant (available as an accessory though)
- Tiny tyres for the size of the car (155/70R13)
- No handle grips for front passenger even in top end variant
- Only front two speakers on top end version. Rear speakers need to be set up on parcel tray. (Dont remember seeing a possibility on rear door panel)
- No power window for rear passenger for top end trim
- I somehow felt the flat seats made me feel like falling off. (Maybe this is because am used to the Bucket seats in Brio)
- Open glove box
- No dead pedal

Ex showroom & OTR (RTO, Insurance, std fitment, extended warranty) prices for different trims in Bangalore are as follows

GO D - 317821 ; 388536

GO D1 - 320366 ; 391537

GO A - 352642 ; 429601

GO T - 376577 ; 457829

Colors - Sky (Blue), White, Silver, Ruby (Red)

The SA said about 80 bookings so far (forgot to check the variant though). Delivery expected in 1-1.5 months.

Plenty of accessories in store from Datsun, like roof rails, fog lamps, chrome strips, seat covers, hatch glass roller blinds (good quality).

Top Bottom