Datsun Go Review & Pictures: Go Datsun Go

Thread Starter #46

350Z

Core Team
Re: Datsun Go: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Paint quality appears too good in the photos - not sure if it is the camera. Personally, I felt the car looks good in red and silver.
Spot on. BTW Datsun Go is launching tomorrow. Stay tuned to this thread for live coverage.

Any feedback on the point have mentioned?
The dashboard does reflect on windshield like most of the cars but I can't recall experiencing a major issue due to it.

What is the basis on which cars are launched as competitors? I thought it was engine capacity and then overall dimensions.
Price tag is the foremost basis of comparison regardless of dimensions. Example: You can't compare a car costing three lakh rupee with those priced at five.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Truly saying i wouldn't have choose this color for a car if i went to buy it but after seeing this pics i think blue is cool and not that bad. Good choice i must say.

Once again the Indian Consumers are taken for granted. They are being offered a 1980's kind of body shape , a compromised under thigh support , " Something Missing" kind of instrument panel.
These cars , the way they are priced , could have been done in a much better way in terms of design , basic safety , some small design features like , storage spaces , cool box etc.

I strongly feel Datsun Go could do better with the looks of the car if the manufacturer take out the impression that, this car is to be sold in US or China and even Thailand . An ALTO looks more Urban than this car . On a rating scale of 10 , I give 5 to this car and a +1 for standing in the competition and provoking the competitors to produce / improve more with their products .Hyundai stands no. 1 in this category .

P.S - a very nice review and I am sure it will help the buyers choose their car like It helped me buy my Ford ES

Last edited:

That is too much price. What is Nissan thinking? Do they want flop from start itself?

Anshuman that price is on road (as per the link).
Its not that much high considering it as a 1.2 ltr engine.But the competition is not with Alto 800 anymore.
They have kept Micra somewhere in their mind before pricing.!
Even they would say if you want ABS and Airbags go for Micra.

Thread Starter #54

350Z

Core Team

Datsun Go has been launched in India at the following price tag (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> D: Rs.3,12,270

> D1: Rs.3,14,770

> A: Rs.3,46,482

> T: Rs.3,69,999

Drive Safe,
350Z

One shocker to me was power steering only in top end. Base variant doesn't get EPS and AC (courtesy:Sorabjee on twitter)

Heard the base model of Go does not have AC, Power Steering. Is it justified to price that at 3 lacs ?
One shocker to me was power steering only in top end. Base variant doesn't get EPS and AC (courtesy:Sorabjee on twitter)
Well, I said it earlier only but mid variant also missing PS and costing Rs 3.5 lacs + is too much.

Thread Starter #59

350Z

Core Team

Note: The review has been updated with exact price details as well as comparison chart. Uploading the same in this post.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Except for space there is no USP of this car. Datsun is a totally unknown brand in India and when the aam junta do come to know its actually from Nissan, it will be double trouble for this car simply because Nissan has failed to take off in India for faults totally their own.

Nissan has presence in only big cities and here no ones gonna tolerate this ultra cheap car. Its actually an insult to Indians and to the Datsun brand.

A car like this could have sold in rural areas (or taxi if diesel) but Nissan dont have a presence there. Priced too high too. Power steering in only the top variant - thats a joke. Its a pain to drive even a tiny car like maruti 800 without power steering in city. No safety features even as an option. This car ain't going anywhere from Nissan showrooms unless they reduce prices or improve car quality.

Top Bottom