Datsun Go Review & Pictures: Go Datsun Go

Re: Datsun Go: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Very good review.

+1 to Datsun/Nissan.

Excellent car in my opinion. Big exterior size, spacious on the inside, 1.2 L engine, fuel efficient, decent looks at an affordable price range similar to Alto and Eon.

Heard today morning at Red FM -

The Asst Editor of IAB quoted Datsun Go as most VFM car to be launched in Indian market.

Excellent review Vibhor. And the car does look best in bLuE [:D]

One question, why isnt it compared with Micra / Brio / Beat and likes which all have a 1.2L pot and are of the same length, unlike the ones being compared, which are in 1L segment and shorter in length?

Meanwhile, how is the conventional hand brake? Does it feel strong enough for 21st century drivers? :tongue:

And how about the seating postures and under thigh support? Would be great if you could throw some light on these queries.

Looks like the TD done Hyderabad [surprise]and NO information to any Hyderabad members
The best part is the vehicle is manufactured in TN.
The vehicles are registered in TN.
And no TD for TN people!

I inquired in Bangalore numbers given in the papers .The SE have no idea of when the vehicle will be there for TD.
He didn't even mind to take up the customer name or number.
NISSAN !

Do they think just because the vehicle is kept down in price and position people will buy?

nice review. As vibhor mentioned something are really in negative side. Vibhor how about the reflection of dash in windshield (I think the dash is light color)

But I think it is a superb car for middle class people other than m800, alto 800 and eon for Rs.3L.

Thread Starter #40

350Z

Core Team

Nice review. When will it be available for sale, any info?
Predicted date is 15th of this month but I doubt because normally launches do not happen on weekends and invites haven't been sent out yet. Update: It's 19th March.

Dear 350z what is the cc power of this car and what is mileage? Is it available only in petrol variant or diesel variant is also available????
Please refer to the review and specifications sheet on the first page of this thread. It has covered it all. :smile:

but i have a big question why Datsun providing test drive cars in Hyderabad is it really hyderabad is headquoters for datsun brand
Datsun is a brand of Nissan and Nissan India is headquartered in Chennai. Hyderabad was simply a location for media drive.

One question, why isnt it compared with Micra / Brio / Beat and likes which all have a 1.2L pot and are of the same length, unlike the ones being compared, which are in 1L segment and shorter in length?
It is because Datsun Go is not intended to compete with those cars. Primary rivals for Go will be Alto, Eon and likes.

Meanwhile, how is the conventional hand brake? Does it feel strong enough for 21st century drivers?
Yup. I found the hand brake lever awkward to use for the first time but eventually got used to it in a while.

And how about the seating postures and under thigh support? Would be great if you could throw some light on these queries.
Good question. Under thigh support was adequate for me (I'm 5’11”) but not as perfect as of Liva.

The best part is the vehicle is manufactured in TN.
The vehicles are registered in TN.
And no TD for TN people!

I inquired in Bangalore numbers given in the papers .The SE have no idea of when the vehicle will be there for TD.
He didn't even mind to take up the customer name or number.
NISSAN !

Do they think just because the vehicle is kept down in price and position people will buy?
Please note that the car hasn't been launched. The car seen in images is TN registered because it was an official test vehicle shipped directly from Nissan headquarters.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

It is because Datsun Go is not intended to compete with those cars. Primary rivals for Go will be Alto, Eon and likes.
Drive Safe,
350Z
Any idea what was the basis? [thinking]

Is it because of stripped down features?

Off topic.

What is the basis on which cars are launched as competitors? I thought it was engine capacity and then overall dimensions. [confused]

nice review. As vibhor mentioned something are really in negative side. Vibhor how about the reflection of dash in windshield (I think the dash is light color)

But I think it is a superb car for middle class people other than m800, alto 800 and eon for Rs.3L.
Any feedback on the point have mentioned?

Nice review. You seem to have spent a lot of time with the car to bring us even the smallest of information.

This car seems good and Nissan is trying to bring a car like Santro which is a no non-sense ride. Paint quality appears too good in the photos - not sure if it is the camera. Personally, I felt the car looks good in red and silver.

I wouldn't say the car looks cheap. Rather it is more practical and functional. Great emphasis seems to have gone to ride comfort - evident from the presentation slides. People looking for a small city runabout that takes good care of potholes, bumps and speed breakers are definitely going to like this.

Fantastic review!!
Go will definitely change the entry level car market..now suzuki should be more careful in their design as well as marketing to compete with go and eon[:)]

Top Bottom