Datsun Go Review & Pictures: Go Datsun Go

Re: Datsun Go: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Great to have a comparison between Go and EON.[clap]
Both have a refreshed look in terms of exterior and Go has a fairly powerful engine as well..
Would love to know how it fares against EON's 1.0L engine.[drive]

Thread Starter #92

350Z

Core Team

350Z@

I really want to know your comments on the driving experiance of this car with atlast 3/4 people and Ac compared to other 1.2 cc petrol hatchbacks specially Grand i10.
Releesh, we tested the Go in Hyderabad at speed which a regular hatchback owner will seldom drive on. This was with full load (four occupants + luggage and AC on). All I'd say is that the car was rock stable. Please refer to the performance section of this review for more. Co-incidentally I'm using the same Datsun Go (that we used in Hyderabad) for past four days now and have driven it well-over 300 Kms so far. Fuel indicator is yet to reach half mark. I have now developed a kind of bonding with this particular car. Though the extreme cost-cutting is a major disappointment. It feels cheap right after getting in but it's a different story altogether once this thing begins to move. How I wish if Datsun had avoided acting cheap by not compromising on some bits and Go could have easily set a new benchmark in the segment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #93

350Z

Core Team

Datsun Go Service Interval and Inspection Checklist

Datsun-Go-Service-Interval.JPG

Datsun-Go-Service-Interval-India.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Datsun Go fails to make a dent in the Indian market, sales and marketing arrangement may have played spoilsport?

Just a year ago, Carlos Ghosn, the global CEO of Renault Nissan, claimed that the global rebirth of Datsun with Go hatchback in India would take Nissan into the big league. Six months into the market the product failed to enthuse buyers. The sales of Datsun Go have been averaging 1,500-2,000 units a month which is not even 15-20% of rival Maruti Suzuki's
Even with Datsun, Nissan's going nowhere | ET Auto

Thread Starter #96

350Z

Core Team

The sales of Datsun Go have been averaging 1,500-2,000 units a month which is not even 15-20% of rival Maruti Suzuki's
Isn't that too much to expect from a supposedly new brand in very little time? I believe Go has been well-marketed. However, I personally know many buyers who are unaware that it's a Nissan owned brand and therefore unwilling to risk their money on a car which is "entirely new" from their perspective. On a different note, Go has done for Datsun in merely six months which Fiat hasn't been able to accomplish with its two cars combined from five years despite of them being worthy of success.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Isn't that too much to expect from a supposedly new brand in very little time? I believe Go has been well-marketed. However, I personally know many buyers who are unaware that it's a Nissan owned brand and therefore unwilling to risk their money on a car which is "entirely new" from their perspective. On a different note, Go has done for Datsun in merely six months which Fiat hasn't been able to accomplish with its two cars combined from five years despite of them being worthy of success.

Drive Safe,
350Z
But wouldn't that be a little wrong to compare two cars from different segments?

I agree that Datsun has been smartly priced with it's competitors, and that has reaped rewards for them. Also, it's tough competitors in my view were the EON and Alto800. Considering the fact that more buyers these days are taking into considering the styling and design factor, I wouldn't want to include the Alto K10. So, buyers in sub 4Lakh zone had really 3 major options in Go, Alto800, EON.

On the other hand, Fiat Punto has been competing in the more premium league, with the Figo, Swift, Jazz, Polo, I10 Grand and I20's giving it a tougher challenge.

Pretty great! Too bad it's not "Big on safety" though.

^^ no GO+ MPV not launched and they are not planning to launch in current situation due to the not succesful sales of GO hatchback.

Thread Starter #104

350Z

Core Team

The Datsun Go+ MPV has already been released. It's a huge disappointment IMO.
Not yet. Go+ launch was originally scheduled for September 2014 but now has been shifted to 2015 in order to stabilize the existing model first.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I didn't mean launched I meant released ie. We've got to know the essential characteristics of the vehicle. Sorry for the poor word choice, thanks for the information!

Top Bottom