Dashing New Verna CRDi A/T Heading To Our Family on 4th June 2012

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks!!

The topic says it all. Still let me acquaint you with the story as to, how we fell for the beauty that Fluidic verna is.

I had a terrible accident in 2004, which left left-side of my body partially paralyzed. I recovered gradually. The need for car was felt in 2009 as my dad wanted me to be independent as much as possible.

I test drove SX4, liked it a lot- “wasn’t sure, if it was excitement of driving after a long time.” SX4 a nice car otherwise, got rejected because it was petrol. News was in the air that Maruti will be bringing diesel variant of sx4 to market, we waited for that assuming it will sport A/T option. We all know it didn’t have A/T. So the SX4 was out. Hell-bent to have a diesel A/T, we dropped the idea for some time.

There was Verna Crdi A/T, but dad rejected that too, without realizing the advancement of technology (the Maruti A/T box of 19th Century to be blamed). After a while when we took notice of Hyundai gaining popularity, which depicted it as good as Maruti cars (if not better) Dad realized that we could have opted for Verna. As a last effort, we later indulged ourselves in finding someone, who could modify the diesel SX4. There was this person, but reaching him was too big a task. In second half of 2010, the speculations of Hyundai bringing in the Accent of USA, as Verna in India took its toll, and I immediately, made dad look at it. He was very impressed with the looks (we know why). We decided to wait a little more and in came the fluidic verna in May 2011. I was dumbstruck to see the car in the showroom. Test drove the car, handling was never an issue, because I'll be driving in Delhi only, that too at moderate speed. Got brochures home, and we decided to book the car ASAP, but I had my exams going on, so booking was delayed by 2-3 months. The waiting for the car increased day by day and we were made to wait even longer. We booked the car in June 2011, and didn’t take the delivery as I had exams in December as well (semester system). It is now (when I’m through with all my exams; hopefully, will be a lawyer in August), that we will be taking the delivery of the car, with full pleasure. (delivery during exams would have caused the celebration to be a dead one) :-/

It is our first Sedan, after having possessed 800s, Gypsy and Indica till 2008. I make myself, stay on ground by watching the pics of mates of theautomotiveindia; (nickandre, allhyundaicars, bensam, etc.). I don’t know how to control myself till 4th June, any ideas? :stupid:

The cost breakup will be clear to me only after I am through with availing all discounts, that a differently abled gets. 100% Road tax exemption, 50% concession in Insurance and last but not the least excise duty concession of 19%. The normal duty on cars above 1.2 ltr is 23%, but due to the benefits that a differently abled gets, I will have to pay 4% excise duty. It's a nice gesture from the govt.[:)]

Ready with my camera already [;)]

Regards,

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: The dashing Verna Crdi A/T heading to our family on 4th June 2012

congratz for the your car [thumbsup]

as i said before i think its the first diesel verna automatic in the community and we are eagerly waiting of the review of your car [;)]

good to know that you recovered and can enjoy driving your new verna.

and that's a lot of discount you are getting [:D] do post the price of the car.

and just go through , nick's , bobazooka's and my thread and see what all we discussed. there's a lot to know about.

you won't get any diesel information there because we all have petrols.
just go through the threads and see what can you add to your car to make it more hot.

Thread Starter #3

congratz for the your car [thumbsup]

just go through the threads and see what can you add to your car to make it more hot.
Yea HID kit and a hella black twin tone is what I had planned, but I'll go through their threads and try to coordinate as to what upgrades would suit the car [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Yea HID kit and a hella black twin tone is what I had planned, but I'll go through their threads and try to coordinate as to what upgrades would suit the car [:)]
ah i will not do that :\ i mean in the manual its mentioned if we change to HIDs , the warranty of all the electronics will get void [confused] and don't know verna's electronics different from other cars. don't know much.

but one member has converted his to red devil eyes [;)] i don't know much details but do confirm from everybody before adding ok.

Thread Starter #5

ah i will not do that :\ i mean in the manual its mentioned if we change to HIDs , the warranty of all the electronics will get void [confused] and don't know verna's electronics different from other cars. don't know much.

but one member has converted his to red devil eyes. I don't know much details but do confirm from everybody before adding ok.
Sure thing, i'll confirm before doing so. [:D] Moreover it is unlikely that I'll be able to do that, because my Mom & Dad are strictly against wear & tear with the new car. [cry] For good reasons though. Maybe I'll get a chance to do that later on.

Aristo_perfect in his post has said that the stock horn is not that bad. Considering the horn is behind the bumper which I suppose would have to be taken off to change it. What are your thoughts on going for a different horn viz. Hella red twin tone or black twin tone?

Refer the link if you would Hella Studio

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Same here I also wanted to do so many things but avoid doing anything which requires the original wire to cut ok. It will void warranty of that particular area /part.

And believe me no need to change the horn [:)] the item in my top list was the horn but having some horn issues in my i10 my dad didn't let me change [:D] and there is no need as well. Stock horn is sufficient.

I want to add door sills with lights , but it involves wire cutting or that clips to join wire so didn't go for that :(

Hey congrats Guzzler for buying one of the hottest sedan! Must say that you will love this car very much. Also feeling bad for the reason you are getting this type of discount. But nothing can be done. 'Kismat ke aage kisi ki bhi nahi chalti!' Nwyas thats a good good gesture by our govt.[:)]
Also you forgot to mention the colour.

BTW we too own almost a month old White Fluidic CRDi SX. Check out my thread.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics.html

as i said before i think its the first diesel verna automatic in the community and we are eagerly waiting of the review of your car
BTW our forum member TopGun has a CRDi AT (reg no: 2929)

Regarding the upgrades:

My suggestion is dont go in a rush for upgrades. Just enjoy the car and do the upgrades slowly. This is what I am going to do.

I too didnt find the horn to be low; yeah if the windows are rolled up you will feel the horn is low. But Nways a car windtones (Skoda type horns) get full respect on road. Atleast I feel so. No one will give you side in normal horns; but in windtones just honk once if they do not get side honk longer for say 2 seconds; you will gat respect!:biggrin:

I too will be going for HIDs but I am in the same confussion of that electrical systm thing. I have H4 bixenon HIDs lying with me (Removed from my old car while selling it) So will be not letting them waste.

Also till now havent got tints and the seat covers; and also not removed the plastics. You gain attention with those and the car still feels new whenever we step in.[:D]

Thread Starter #8
Hey congrats Guzzler for buying one of the hottest sedan! Must say that you will love this car very much. Also feeling bad for the reason you are getting this type of discount. But nothing can be done. 'Kismat ke aage kisi ki bhi nahi chalti!' Nwyas thats a good good gesture by our govt.
Also you forgot to mention the colour.

BTW we too own almost a month old White Fluidic CRDi SX. Check out my thread.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics.html

BTW our forum member TopGun has a CRDi AT (reg no: 2929)

Regarding the upgrades:

My suggestion is dont go in a rush for upgrades. Just enjoy the car and do the upgrades slowly. This is what I am going to do.

I too didnt find the horn to be low; yeah if the windows are rolled up you will feel the horn is low. But Nways a car windtones (Skoda type horns) get full respect on road. Atleast I feel so. No one will give you side in normal horns; but in windtones just honk once if they do not get side honk longer for say 2 seconds; you will gat respect!

I too will be going for HIDs but I am in the same confussion of that electrical systm thing. I have H4 bixenon HIDs lying with me (Removed from my old car while selling it) So will be not letting them waste.

Also till now havent got tints and the seat covers; and also not removed the plastics. You gain attention with those and the car still feels new whenever we step in.
We're admirer of whites. On the top of that Verna looks majestic in white. You depicted my mind, when you spoke of windtones being respected on road [;)]

I have to have horn replacement. One of my friend who had 1.6 Crdi manual, had black twin tone (Hella) installed. It made Verna have even better road presence [evil] I can sacrifice Hid for now in order to get them later. But as you said, I'll enjoy it as it is for sometime, after that the up-gradation shall follow. [cheers]

Regards,

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
ok i'll tell you why i can't add a horn [cry]

before verna , i10 was our main family car. so added a horn , and don't know what happened , it takes a second for the horn to respond.

when i press it , after a second the horn blows , but when i continuously press it , it works fine [confused]

so dad said , " fix the i10's horn first then change in verna [:D] but still i'll say no need , but if you really want go for it.

Thread Starter #10
Since I'll be getting road tax exemption, I'll have to get the car registered in advance, to take the delivery on 4th June, without hassles. Will try to click it as much as possible [clap]

@ allhyundaicars, I had same problem with our Indica. Eventually its fuse passed away. [anger]

Regarding the horn change in Verna, I'll ask my friend about his verna's horn (which had no issues at all), as to where & how the installation was executed.

Regards,

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My horn doesn't have fuse [:D] I pressed the horn for some time and horn went PPPPppp.
So the mechanic said to remove the fuse. Could this be causing any problem :/

Just make sure the mechanic doesn't installs it in a hurry.went with my friend to install horn in his city , on completion saw screw driver marks all over the bumper [anger] so ask him to take special care.

Thread Starter #12
My horn doesn't have fuse. I pressed the horn for some time and horn went PPPPppp.
So the mechanic said to remove the fuse. Could this be causing any problem :/

Just make sure the mechanic doesn't installs it in a hurry.went with my friend to install horn in his city , on completion saw screw driver marks all over the bumper [anger] so ask him to take special care.
Now I'm suspecting if fuse was really the problem in my car [surprise]

Reading about your friends city. Can't we get the horn installed at some other place, in order to save the bumper from a catastrophe ? [thinking]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even if there was some other place you have to remove the wirings from the stock horn. I don't know the exact position of horn in the verna.

In city the horn is not accessible just by opening the bonut. The guy had to fit through the plastic grill we have in the bumper thats why it caused so many scratches. Not an easy task. So just hope verna's horn is accessible just by opening the bonut like in the i10.

Congrat's Guzzler,

Hyundai Verna is the best C segment car at present, and in cities like delhi ,bangalore an AT makes perfect sense,will be keenly watching this space,please keep updating this thread on a regular basis.

Thread Starter #15
Guys I'm being quoted 6200 for Teflon coating + undery body anti-friction treatment and engine protection. Have opted for scuff plates @ 2500 for all 4 doors. It has fluidic in blue and not verna written on it. It's surprising that they're not giving me mats or cover with the car, in fact it's only the car that they're giving [anger]

Any other accessory that I should ask them to keep my ride ready with? [:)]

Regards,

Last edited:

Top Bottom