Dashing New Verna CRDi A/T Heading To Our Family on 4th June 2012

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
oh so finally you got to know + and - points of the car. i'm yet to go on a trip like this. i can't wait [:D]

and i even think that going above 120 cars stays good. i don't feel a thing. i normally just drive at 80 on ring road. no problems whatsoever. but because the suspension is soft it goes up and down that's for sure. every hyundai does.

sad to know that you had that accident but glad to know you already gave it for repair [thumbsup] this will happen every now and then.

your mom must have loved the rear armrest ? my dad kept his drink cans [;)] there and i told him its for armrest and not for that but anyway it was useful and it really made my mom comfortable she liked it.

and 19 kmpl is really good. roughly 2 rs per kilometer. i think even my petrol will do around 12-14 on highways. still haven't lost hope.

if you want to have the apm contact nick , he knows a lot about them and have himself installed an amp. i also have a spare amp but don't want to mess up the original wiring just yet and the sound is sufficient.

although going up from 30-35 only deteriorates the quality nothing else.

honestly adding an amp in the stock speakers won't benefit you, rear is hardly 25w peak and front is 50w peak. As per me only the front is of decent quality. Take my suggestion add in component speakers to the front and co-axial in the rear if your still not happy with the sound later on add in an amp.
Currently i kept my front speakers as it is and on the rear door i put component speakers with the tweeters just below the dashboard away from any obstruction or feet knocking them of, while a 4 channel kicker amp powers these hertz hsk 165 components. The extra channel is kept for future plans of a sub or a component speaker.

regarding the bumpers don't bother much their bound to get damaged at even slightest of impacts. Since i know bumpers are of terrible quality i trained my eyes to be radars for dogs, keep a through watch for any car changing lanes and bigger distance from cars. And about 2 feet distance from pavements and walls wherever possible. Strange your the second guy I've come across who never got a remote in the car. When i checked my car as soon as it was unloaded from the truck there was a bag in the trunk which includes: Antenna, owners manual, battery warranty card, contact numbers, first aid kit, Audio fuse, spare bulbs and remote with batteries separately sealed in the bag.

I'm planning a 1200km round trip with my car as soon as i get things fixed to my satisfaction.

Thread Starter #63
oh so finally you got to know + and - points of the car. i'm yet to go on a trip like this. i can't wait

and i even think that going above 120 cars stays good. i don't feel a thing. i normally just drive at 80 on ring road. no problems whatsoever. but because the suspension is soft it goes up and down that's for sure. every hyundai does.

sad to know that you had that accident but glad to know you already gave it for repair this will happen every now and then.

your mom must have loved the rear armrest ? my dad kept his drink cans there and i told him its for armrest and not for that but anyway it was useful and it really made my mom comfortable she liked it.

and 19 kmpl is really good. roughly 2 rs per kilometer. i think even my petrol will do around 12-14 on highways. still haven't lost hope.

if you want to have the apm contact nick , he knows a lot about them and have himself installed an amp. i also have a spare amp but don't want to mess up the original wiring just yet and the sound is sufficient.

although going up from 30-35 only deteriorates the quality nothing else.

We still had not taken off the polythene from the back seats, so she couldn't enjoy the luxury of that armrest. Will take em off, once the car comes back.

I'm sure Nick will tell me the best amp, within range of 15k [;)] Had no choice, but to give the car for replacement of front bumper. I am yet to get the RC and Number plates. Got bulged in bumper before that. [frustration]

19 kmpl really made me forget the bumper for a while :P

The quality of bumpers is not too good, the locks broke even due to light impact. Luckily the fog light had its locks broken too and it went inside without getting broken. [angel]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
oh i didn't remove the polethene for 2 months [:D] since nobody sat at the back. but from constant taunt from my friends i had to [anger]

i agree , did you see my impact ?

see the bulge - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-19.html#post165644

and after some time it was perfectly good. i didn't do anything.

see here - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-250520121880.jpg

after removing the scratches on my own - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-20.html#post166164

i hope its not a similar bulge because it would have fixed just like that.

and i agree , bumper quality sucks. its worse then my santro. i really mean it.

fog light was also damaged ? you know you can't just put back the lights on your own if the locks get broken.

Hey Guzzler. Sad to hear about you Bumper on your first long drive.
But welcome to the Verna Lovers Club. Great to hear that you appreciate the Super Diesel engine , the Light Steering , the Comfort Tuned Suspension , the Pleasure of hitting 140Km pretty quickly , the Good Powerful Aircon , the cooled glove box , the neat useful rear camera , the comfortable rear seat . We would have loved a 6 speed auto transmission but this 4 speed auto is pretty acceptable and a boon in city use .

Do keep us posted on the Repair or Replacement cost of the front Bumper as this is one of the most Hated part on the Verna and will be great info for all of us on the Forum.

As I had mentioned earlier , the diesel average is around 18 kmpl on the Highways and expressways. This will drop down to 14.5 on traffic infested highwys and further Dip to 10.5 to 11.5 Kmpl in High Density Traffic I the City Bumper to Bumper Traffic roads. These figures are obviously for Crdi Automatic and will be 20% Higher on the Crdi Manual Vernas.

Great to know that you are so Happy to Own a Verna and find this an Awesome Car. Once again Welcome to the Verna Lovers Club !! [clap]

Oh! Another one after me whose car front bumper got damaged. The front bumper is really a delicate baby who is earning money for hyundai. By the way how much it costing to you for replacing bumper. I myself have replaced the bumper so that we can compare the prices.

Thread Starter #70
aye mate here a vid i got for you to show you how it sounds with the components and amp MOV_1279.mp4 - YouTube
The voice is 'crystal' clear and music makes it sound even better.. electro / house ? [evil]

Which infinity speakers you got? do they fit in perfectly in the ( default) cabinet?

I got to have component speakers. I love music (clear voice, with a bit of thump; BOOM BOOM not needed) [:D]

Oh! Another one after me whose car front bumper got damaged. The front bumper is really a delicate baby who is earning money for hyundai. By the way how much it costing to you for replacing bumper. I myself have replaced the bumper so that we can compare the prices.
I am yet to know the price that'll be paid. Will post here for sure. [:)]

their not infinity their hertz hsk 165 and yes they fit on will need a spacer ring. Yes its progressive trance, i went in for this speakers and amp especially for this kind of music.

my dealer was pushing in jbl amp and infinity components, i surveyed around and one dealer asked me my music preference, and he was a fan of it to so he knew that to enjoy this music in a car we need clarity and clean bas not punchy so he recommended the kicker amp and boston components i came home and did some researching and stumbled on hertz but when i went to buy i went for the higher range.

what is your music preference.
kicker_ex450_3.jpg

Hertz+HSK165new2.jpg

these are whats in my car.
I would suggest the hertz ep4 amp as well its known for its clarity.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72
their not infinity their hertz hsk 165 and yes they fit on will need a spacer ring. Yes its progressive trance, i went in for this speakers and amp especially for this kind of music.

my dealer was pushing in jbl amp and infinity components, i surveyed around and one dealer asked me my music preference, and he was a fan of it to so he knew that to enjoy this music in a car we need clarity and clean bas not punchy so he recommended the kicker amp and boston components i came home and did some researching and stumbled on hertz but when i went to buy i went for the higher range.

what is your music preference.
View attachment 53712

View attachment 53711

these are whats in my car.
I would suggest the hertz ep4 amp as well its known for its clarity.

I too like same Genre [;)] Spacer ring will require cutting of the door cabinet, or is it used to avoid cutting of it? No idea about it [embarass]

spacer ring is used to mount the speaker on the door panel so it won't obstruct the glass movement. The original stock speaker has this plastic mount fastened by these plugs that need to be broken of.
You will need a hi-lo converter as well and do go in for a good quality one along with the wiring preferably scosche. A good place to keep the amp would be below front passenger seat since it would get cooling from the cabin air-conditioning

Thread Starter #74
Is it wise to wait till December? As in doing so I can ask my sister to get the speakers or the amp from US, assuming They'll be cheaper there. Also is amp necessary along with components (in front) and coaxial (at back)?

its your car mate anytime you want, but make sure you get the warranty out here. Not really necessary but will give you a cleaner and powerful sound since the head unit has low output.

Top Bottom