Dashing New Verna CRDi A/T Heading To Our Family on 4th June 2012

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
6500 :\

no i was talking about when should we change gears.
like change to 2nd gear at 20 , to 3rd gear at 50 or what ?

and what was the number ? [:D] i once did in my i10. lots of over revs gear changes, it took 14 seconds from 0-100.

i don't look at the speedo meter to correspond gear changes but yes 1st at 25-30 2nd at 85-90 and then third will be there to get you to 120 in no time since the engine will be over 4000 rpm when you shift.

Thread Starter #49
Congrats Guzzler. Am sure you will have a great time with the New Auto Diesel Verna. Love to have you share your experience with the only Diesel Auto Sedan in this segment. Look forward to your ownership posts.
Thanks a ton buddy!! Will surely keep the thread alive.. [:)]

Congrats guzzler for owning the one the best looking auto Sedan, THE VERNA FLUIDIC.
Please do share your experiences about power delivery in auto and your suspension feedback. Congrats again.

Thread Starter #51
Congrats guzzler for owning the one the best looking auto Sedan, THE VERNA FLUIDIC.
Please do share your experiences about power delivery in auto and your suspension feedback. Congrats again.
Thanks Sandy.. As I said in earlier post we'll be going on a long trip, it will be perfect opportunity to test its power and suspension changes (if any), we might prepone our trip to Thursday, given the restlessness that's creeping in. So mileage, power & suspension reviews coming soon [:D]

nice car dude congrats

I see alloy wheels and they all look so bulky and cheap ! ( not good for your cars for sure)
and one BBS replicas [surprise]

Thread Starter #54
Hey Guzzler; Any updates about your mods you had planned earlier?
Buddy I'm planning to enjoy the ride the way it is for a month or two. Upgrades Im planning to keep due as a b'day gift [;)] For now I believe only a horn change is what I might be permitted by Dad. :rolleyes:

Keeping HID, HU and a 4 channel amplifier due, for I might have them as a b'day gift :biggrin:

Is there a need to upgrade / change bulbs?

nice car dude congrats

I see alloy wheels and they all look so bulky and cheap ! ( not good for your cars for sure)
and one BBS replicas
Where majority of these wheels were cheap. There were few good ones too. I'd never get my alloys changed. They look so HOT. :p

Yeah don't go for these cheap ones , they are cheap for a reason
beter get quality ones or just don't get
there alot of gray area that people don't know about

Most of the torque from the engine will get lost during turning that heavy rim around compared to stock ones. unless you get JDM wheels ( japanese domestic Market) ., They are light and strong.

haha sure they do look hot [:)]

imo these ones that hyundai provided are of good quality but i really don't feel they are light, Ive got loads of tar marks on mine.

By the way which hu you going in for? And let us know when is your bday so we could fast a day or two before the party [;)]

Thread Starter #57
imo these ones that hyundai provided are of good quality but i really don't feel they are light, Ive got loads of tar marks on mine.

By the way which hu you going in for? And let us know when is your bday so we could fast a day or two before the party
Haha it's on 8th August Nick [:)] I'll opt for some Chinese HU (the ones on Alibaba website); Price quoted is INR 18.5 k, whereas Caska is too expensive at 40k approx. The friend, who I mentioned (had his horn changed), had the Chinese HU in his verna. I wish I could show the pics, if he had not sold his car off. [anger] He too is going for crdi A/T. Will pre-order the HU in July last week hopefully. Waiting for the b'day. [clown]

Having said that, have you done something about the tar marks? Or left them the way they are? Anything done would be temporary, but still have you tried to make take em off?

its better if you go in for caska/motevo head unit although expensive you would be assured it will work and has warranty i don't know of the chinese ones and don't really trust alibaba site. I think the stock hu will provide better sq then the chinese one. When i went to honkong i was on the lookout but only found a motevo later i found a guy who advised me not to go for this chinese hu.

About the tar marks i left it like that, will be giving the car in for an underbody diesel wash so it should take car of it.
By the way i hate that annoying sound when stones get flicked into the wheel wells it sounds louder then on other cars.

Thread Starter #59
Well at times it really confuses me if I really need the up-gradation of HU. The stock HU really is good as you said, Caska is class leading, but it really would not fit in my budget. Maybe collective gift of this b'day and next one would do it for me :stupid:

Thread Starter #60
Hi friends!!

Back from the trip. A trip of ups and downs. Took blessings of Guruji and came back today. It was all going well, until some idiot banged his car into mine. The front bumper got bulged in. It also had a small crack in it and to my amazement; it won't be repaired but needs replacement of the same. The heart felt so heavy to see the beauty that way. Got the car picked today, and will be getting it back by day after tomorrow.

It has been applauded and rightly so, for such quiet diesel engine. Good insulation makes the cabin super silent. It was easy to overtake on the highway, never had a feeling of the car not having enough power. Undoubtedly, the 4 speed auto is a disappointment, but people like me who’ll be indulged in more of city driving, will love it, as it is. The top speed reached was 140, and nothing felt wrong with the suspensions [clap]. It acted like anything but boat even on not so good road. Steering is light, and needs you to trust it [:)]. We happened to get into real big potholes (2-3 of them) too and to my relief, there was no 'thak' noise. I would have liked if plastic quality was even better. The glass controls are not illuminated :mad:. Also the glass in backdoor cannot be pulled down completely; not something that bothered me. The reversing camera, IMO is must for fluidic verna, at least I would really have a tough time without it. My mother, who happens to be 5 ft. 6 inches, had no issues at the back seat. She enjoyed the ride thoroughly and gave it 10 out of 10. We were three people travelling, with only 1 travel bag in the boot. The concept that fully loaded car would behave in a better way, didn’t prevail. We were only three people and still the car handled very very well. AC is very powerful and chills the cabin flawlessly. The bottles stay, as cold as you put them in the glove box. Don't know why, but the usb port didn't recognize my iphone wire, but did the one provided by Hyundai. It was a 600 km ride, with no issues at all. I got average of 18.85 km/l in around 60-80 km of city (Delhi) driving and rest of it on a crowded GT Karnal road. The trip meter showed 17.1 km/l maximum. It was a distance of 600 km, wherein we used Speed Diesel worth Rs. 1608. Average speed was around 95-100. We always do tankful - tankful calculation for getting to know the fuel consumption of the car, as it is more reliable. Now that they'll take off the bumper in order to change it, I could have gone for horn change but the stock horn, which I thought of getting changed earlier, is not bad either. Thinking of getting a JBL 4 channel amp, parking sensors in front (do not want to take chances, until I get adjusted to the car). Birds somehow seem to hate my ride, as they keep pooping on it. >.<

I got to realize now that there is no remote of car stereo along with. Called up the dealer and he gave assurance, that he’ll give it to me, once I visit the showroom. I am so happy to own fluidic verna. It is an awesome car.

Top Bottom