Dash Cam: Queries & Discussions

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so connected the dash cam to pc and the card didn't read :| had to use a sd card adapter to access the files.

there are many videos on youtube to check the video quality so won't upload one. today there was some heavy raining with strong winds and had to drive the car at 20 kmph because i couldn't see much on the road.

even then the camera quality is good [thumbsup]

720p 2 minutes video size around 270 MB
and weirdly 1080p 1 minute video was 144 MB. will try 1080p with 2 minutes loop recording.

Re: Buying a Dashboard Camera – Advice & Discussions

so connected the dash cam to pc and the card didn't read :| had to use a sd card adapter to access the files.

there are many videos on youtube to check the video quality so won't upload one. today there was some heavy raining with strong winds and had to drive the car at 20 kmph because i couldn't see much on the road.

even then the camera quality is good [thumbsup]

720p 2 minutes video size around 270 MB
and weirdly 1080p 1 minute video was 144 MB. will try 1080p with 2 minutes loop recording.
i have bought my Gi10 this Feb, I am planning to buy the dashcam you are using, however I would like to fix it behind the rear view mirror & also directly connect it to fuse box. Do you have any idea HASS install it for me? as I dont like the look of the hanging charger cable which is seen in the image you posted.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I don't think hass will do it but it will take just 10 minutes for you to hide the wiring.

Just search on youtube "easy guide to hide your dash cam wires" and you can do it on your own.

I too want to hide it but there's 1 problem.

I have a front sunfilm installed and as you can see in the pic , the rear view mirror is fitted in the black dots area ( i don't know what's the actual term )

After 3 days , the camera fell down. Why ? Because there was already some air in the sunfilm in that black dot area and the suction cup weight removed the sunfilm so i can't install the camera there And had to fit it below the rear view mirror and the wire and the camera itself is clearly visible.

Still looking for a workaround.

Edit :
Just googled for the black dots and it's called frit.

Last edited:

I don't think hass will do it but it will take just 10 minutes for you to hide the wiring.

Just search on youtube "easy guide to hide your dash cam wires" and you can do it on your own.

I too want to hide it but there's 1 problem.

I have a front sunfilm installed and as you can see in the pic , the rear view mirror is fitted in the black dots area ( i don't know what's the actual term )

After 3 days , the camera fell down. Why ? Because there was already some air in the sunfilm in that black dot area and the suction cup weight removed the sunfilm so i can't install the camera there And had to fit it below the rear view mirror and the wire and the camera itself is clearly visible.

Still looking for a workaround.

Edit :
Just googled for the black dots and it's called frit.
Saw the videos, as I need to connect directly to the fuse box, the video showed a female cigarette lighter connector with fuses. I don't know how to work with fuse box so I asked if Hass would do the installation. I'll have to check with FNG for the installation. I hope this doesn't void warranty or drains the battery as it will be connected permanently.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ maulik - you can also get a second cigarette lighter installed but that will mean tempering with the wires. Ask a local electrician for a work around. And just a suggestion if he says he can do that which will require a wire , buy the wire yourself of a reputed brand.

@ arijitb - 1 site said it provides an etched surface so that the adhesive bonds with the glass. Another use is that it provides safety to the adhesive by blocking direct sunlight.

Well can't go any further than this - I use Door Weather Strip (Panel) as suggested in the video - it is nicely go in there without leaving any sign but can't go under the Dashboard portion.

IMG_20150818_135206.jpg

after seeing this video at 2:14 min - There is nothing easy to tuck under Dashboard @ my MS Ritz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwD8Ilk-MHU

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Then i guess you'll have to use some tape to fix it. And some of the wire will be visible on your dash.

Where have you fixed the camera ? Did it stay on the frit ?

Last edited:

Well can't go any further than this - I use Door Weather Strip (Panel) as suggested in the video - it is nicely go in there without leaving any sign but can't go under the Dashboard portion.

View attachment 177604

after seeing this video at 2:14 min - There is nothing easy to tuck under Dashboard @ my MS Ritz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwD8Ilk-MHU
Hai arijith,

you can easily route the cable to dash as the side plastic columns are removable.

if you see my picture 3 of 226 you can get a idea as i have routed my volt meter and temperature meter power cable under the channel of the A Pillar.

The fitting can removed but the locks are very tight so you can manage to insert the wire under the channel

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ixing-aftermarket-tachometer-ritz-lxi-16.html

allhyundaicars said:
Where have you fixed the camera ? Did it stay on the frit ?
Left Side of the Frit at Top Glass Section - It is in front Co -Driver Sun Visor - Sun Visor can be fully open without hitting Module...Slight Angled towards the Right Hand Side Windscreen as well covering the Left Hand Side too. At Frit suction cup give up within 5 Min & That too car is in Stand Still position - Frit is No Good for any purpose.

Hai arijith,

if you see my picture 3 of 226 you can get a idea as i have routed my volt meter and temperature meter power cable under the channel of the A Pillar.

The fitting can removed but the locks are very tight so you can manage to insert the wire under the channel

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ixing-aftermarket-tachometer-ritz-lxi-16.html
Hi, kannan

Saw the picture - How you did that ?

Tried to to remove the White Portion of the A-Pillar by myself but the portion where the Top of the A-Pillar and Roof Sponge type material joint it self is a Damm Tight - Roof Sponge is Light & Soft but the top of the White Plastic at A-Pillar won't budge an inch.

Please let me know how you can open the Lock ?

The Wire I intended to hide must go Either under the A - Pillar Lining or Door Weather Strip...In Each or either case I'm stuck at some point.

Please let me know how I can unlock White A-Pillar Plastic ?

Last edited:

Hi, kannan

Saw the picture - How you did that ?

Tried to to remove the White Portion of the A-Pillar by myself but the portion where the Top of the A-Pillar and Roof Sponge type material joint it self is a Damm Tight - Roof Sponge is Light & Soft but the top of the White Plastic at A-Pillar won't budge an inch.

Please let me know how you can open the Lock ?

The Wire I intended to hide must go Either under the A - Pillar Lining or Door Weather Strip...In Each or either case I'm stuck at some point.

Please let me know how I can unlock White A-Pillar Plastic ?
I won't suggest you to remove the A pillar as its very tight even i tried very careful after lot of care removed it and there may be chance of breaking up the lock's so better use a spring wire or stiff wire and insert it from the top it will surely come down as the channel lets to direct down.

there will be 3 locks upper middle and bottom,

All the best!!!!!!

I won't suggest you to remove the A pillar as its very tight even i tried very careful after lot of care removed it and there may be chance of breaking up the lock's so better use a spring wire or stiff wire and insert it from the top it will surely come down as the channel lets to direct down.

there will be 3 locks upper middle and bottom,

All the best!!!!!!
Do you click any picture during your A-Pillar installation Mod ?

Can'y use Stiff wire, because this thing need to be done other (reverse) way - meaning there is power adopter which need to go down near to gear leaver where CIG Lighter Socket and Mini USB Conector which goes up near IRVM.

Wire Hide.PNG

Last edited:

Do you click any picture during your A-Pillar installation Mod ?

Can'y use Stiff wire, because this thing need to be done other (reverse) way - meaning there is power adopter which need to go down near to gear leaver where CIG Lighter Socket and Mini USB Conector which goes up near IRVM.
OK will give you demo with video or pictures by weekend..[roll]

Top Bottom