Dash Cam: Queries & Discussions

Re: Buying a Dashboard Camera – Advice & Discussions

Any idea how much these capacitor models suck up from the battery?
I know battery variants are not doing well in hot conditions,especially since they sit at the top where its the hottest in the car.

I recently had a case where some one vandalized my car at my friends party when it was parked for a couple of hours,so was wondering if i should pick a cam which has battery or capacitor model or run the capacitor model in direct mode.
Most branded cameras would list out the power they consume but again if you are not familiar with the scientific equations it is difficult to figure out what it means in real life. Both cameras that I have been using have the option of connecting them directly to car battery in addition to cigarette charger.

When you connect them directly with the battery they have something called a parking mode option where they record events when something moves in front of them or they experience jerk etc. i.e in case someone hits your car from side or behind (they have motion sensor). Most models also have battery power detectors (either built in or as an optional item) where they monitor the battery power and will switch off when the power goes below certain level so that you don't drain the battery completely (in case you leave the car parked for extended period of time like a month or so). In this case you can theoretically come back after a year and still start your car normally. Hope this helps. For a day or two you don't even need the battery monitoring as the cameras don't use up that much power. Again I am sharing from my practical experience (you might not need to monitor the battery power for longer time periods but I haven't tried for more than 2-3 days myself).

You can check camness.com for various models and if you have any questions let me know.

Regards,
Anubhav

I use Papago P2pro and have also used Lukas Cuty 7500. The picture quality of both is excellent. P2 has a screen and is bigger in size while 7500 has no screen but is much smaller.

So I would say depends on your personal preference on which one you choose.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Anubhav
Hello Anubhav,

From where can i get dash cams mentioned by you and at what price??? Please be quick because I will be of to Ladhak in few days and i need a good quality dash cam soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Anubhav,

From where can i get dash cams mentioned by you and at what price??? Please be quick because I will be of to Ladhak in few days and i need a good quality dash cam soon...
Hi you can look at camness.com for the models I have listed and others. Check the offers zone for any current discounts.

Hope this helps.

Anubhav

Respected Forum members,

Anyone using /used Transcend DrivePro 100 Dashboard Camera (DP100) here in this forum ?

Please Let me know...

Looking for one quite a long time and don't want to invest no name product which is available all E-Comm Sites - no matter how low the price - many claim those product died after couple of weeks / months of usage. But this one from well reputed brand as well price is quite good (didn't exceed my budget) comparing other high end brand.

This DP100 model is most basic version comparing DP200 (Wi-Fi) & DP220 (Wi-Fi + GPS), but comes with F/1.8 apertures comparing DP200's F/2.2 - means more brighter videos in low light situation . I don't need Wi-Fi & GPS hence this one cost low comparing other two.

Watched All Youtube Video for the quality check but all are UK / US based - Hence smooth road and well lit streets. No Indian Video found so far...

So asking here, if any one using / used it at their car.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Nice tenida [thumbsup] at 2k this is a steal. The size is compact and the clarity is really good for 2k rs. I will order it on 4 august if the prices remain the same.

Do upload pics and how you installed it.

Nice tenida [thumbsup] at 2k this is a steal. The size is compact and the clarity is really good for 2k rs. I will order it on 4 august if the prices remain the same.

Do upload pics and how you installed it.
Actually lastnight me,Bodhi and Swiftkolkata ordered the cam. All from Kolkata. Will post mini-review.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

What does that mean arijitb ?
you can check the video quality on youtube. From far off the number plates are not visible but in bumper distance plates are clear.

I contacted a local supplier from whom i bought the blaupunkt subwoofer for 4500 rupees (snapdeal had it for 4200 rs) (now it's selling at just 3k :/)

He quoted 4500 rupess for the same thing. But guys beware , the snapdeal seller won't have a filled warranty card. Product will be genuine but in order to avail warranty , the warranty card should be filled with a proper seller's stamp.
I bought an american tourister bag from snapdeal , went to a nearby store to buy a full size luggage bag and when purchasing , one person was denied warranty just because the warranty card wasn't filled.

I will ask snapdeal if the seller can do this.

Last edited:
Respected Forum members,

Anyone using /used Transcend DrivePro 100 Dashboard Camera (DP100) here in this forum ?

Please Let me know...

Looking for one quite a long time and don't want to invest no name product which is available all E-Comm Sites - no matter how low the price - many claim those product died after couple of weeks / months of usage. But this one from well reputed brand as well price is quite good (didn't exceed my budget) comparing other high end brand.

This DP100 model is most basic version comparing DP200 (Wi-Fi) & DP220 (Wi-Fi + GPS), but comes with F/1.8 apertures comparing DP200's F/2.2 - means more brighter videos in low light situation . I don't need Wi-Fi & GPS hence this one cost low comparing other two.

Watched All Youtube Video for the quality check but all are UK / US based - Hence smooth road and well lit streets. No Indian Video found so far...

So asking here, if any one using / used it at their car.

Hi,

I recently got a Transcend DrivePro 100 and a DrivePro 220 for my cars.
I have uploaded a video comparison of the cameras

Do check it out

Hope this is useful for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP4cn0WYDyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hudfz19R3w

Thanks for sharing the comparison, quite helpful[clap]. The 220 Pro has good sharpness. What's the cost of both if you may share please?

Also, thanks for putting up the cool background music!

Regards

Akash
Thank you :)

And check the price listed below.
It is available on Amazon.in

Attachments

Hi,
I recently got a Transcend DrivePro 100 and a DrivePro 220 for my cars.
I have uploaded a video comparison of the cameras

Do check it out

Hope this is useful for you
Thanks a lot posting this comparison video of both Cam - You are right DP100 looks natural and better in Day Time but degrades in Night Time comparing DP220. Also watched the Kerala Accident video in your YouTube channel - that shot in DP100. Very clear picture.

Thanks for your post - It helps me to decide.

Somewhere I read or Watch (can't remember where) that Drive Pro get slightly warm when use Car Power supply - Is it true ? Is this harmful for camera ?

----------
Waiting for Tenida's Review about BP's Dash-cam review.

Last edited:

Thanks a lot posting this comparison video of both Cam - You are right DP100 looks natural and better in Day Time but degrades in Night Time comparing DP220. Also watched the Kerala Accident video in your YouTube channel - that shot in DP100. Very clear picture.

Thanks for your post - It helps me to decide.

Somewhere I read or Watch (can't remember where) that Drive Pro get slightly warm when use Car Power supply - Is it true ? Is this harmful for camera ?

----------
Waiting for Tenida's Review about BP's Dash-cam review.

I dont think so. Im using DP 100 from 4 months. No problem till now. Parked my car for 4-5 hours in direct sunlight. The car will be like a hot oven. But the camera is still good. Never had any problem till now.

I would recommend you to buy a DP220 coz it has got Parking mode which is a cool feature. You can park your car and if there is any movement in-front of the camera, it records it. Like someone hits your car by mistake, or someone try to steal your car.. etc.. DP 100 doesnt have that feature..

And here is a video which shows the features of both cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxk3hxrOtqE

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Did you receive the camera tenida ? I also bought it for 2070 rupees and today used it for the first time. Yet to connect it to pc and see the video length and size.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom