Dash Cam: Queries & Discussions

Re: Buying a Dashboard Camera – Advice & Discussions

I don't think there is any differrence between Evo, Evo Plus and Evo Select in the same class. All are Class 10 UHS-I U1 read speed upto 95MB/s and features are also same. Looks like these are rebranded for different countries.

You can buy Samsung Evo Plus from here

However, I'd suggest this one. It is a 64GB card but also has much higher write speed.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member

I don't think there is any differrence between Evo, Evo Plus and Evo Select in the same class. All are Class 10 UHS-I U1 read speed upto 95MB/s and features are also same. Looks like these are rebranded for different countries.

You can buy Samsung Evo Plus from here

However, I'd suggest this one. It is a 64GB card but also has much higher write speed.
Thanks. Ordered the 32GB one as suggested by you. (32GB capacity is what suggested by the dealer guy who installed the dashcam).

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Got the Samsung Memory card few days back. Yesterday, I took the car to the service centre (around 17kms away from my home) for the 1st service. The recording was on full time.

Recording happened for both cameras (front and rear) and its saved as DCIMA (recorded content from front camera) and DCIMB (recorded content from reverse camera).

I have copied the files into my Laptop, so I can delete these files from the memory card?.

from my research what i found is that there is no need to buy dashcam if you have a JVC Multimedia Stereo System for Car, it has got two inputs, one for rear camera and one RCA input, that RCA can be used to connect a camera and your stereo system itself can show you recordings of front dashcam. Its upto you now on how to figure out the technicalities, but it is possible. How to use the AV-OUT port? So you need to buy a JVC or other multimedia stereo and then buy a simple dashcam camera without display and which connects to android receivers / multimedia systems, via USB or RCA and you can save on one device.

How will
from my research what i found is that there is no need to buy dashcam if you have a JVC Multimedia Stereo System for Car, it has got two inputs, one for rear camera and one RCA input, that RCA can be used to connect a camera and your stereo system itself can show you recordings of front dashcam. Its upto you now on how to figure out the technicalities, but it is possible. How to use the AV-OUT port? So you need to buy a JVC or other multimedia stereo and then buy a simple dashcam camera without display and which connects to android receivers / multimedia systems, via USB or RCA and you can save on one device.
How will the video feed be recorded in a head unit ? What you are suggesting is not possible actually. Just because head unit has provision to take in a video feed does not mean it will record it too. Head unit itself does not have any memory capacity nor is its softwate programmable.

How will

How will the video feed be recorded in a head unit ? What you are suggesting is not possible actually. Just because head unit has provision to take in a video feed does not mean it will record it too. Head unit itself does not have any memory capacity nor is its softwate programmable.
You are right, Headunit will just show the video feed, recording will be done in sd card.

Hi Friends,

Please suggest a good DVR for my Sedan. I do drive in night many times and clarity is important factor. My budget is 7 to 8K.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
As discussed previously, I have been thinking of removing the Dashcam fitted on the IRVM and buying another independent dash cam for my car. The accessory shop guy to whom I was discussing today have below Dashcam.

IMG-20200903-WA0012.jpg

This dashcam is from the company called icam and the pack price is Rs.4990

IMG-20200903-WA0018.jpg

The shop quoting me Rs.4900. I have not given any reply as I need to exchange the one fixed on the IRVM which also from the same company/brand.

They have got JVC brand also but they are just ordinary and no Wifi feature.

Any opinion/suggestions please?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Don't buy this. The night quality is not good at all.
Check this. Original Xiaomi 70 Mai Dash Cam Pro Intelligent Camera Recorder Pro Intelligent Driving Recorder Reversing Image Electronic Dog
I don't know about the website though. Search for reviews and then only order. It's available on amazon as well but at a higher price.
Or you can buy this one https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HN3TVJR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bdquFbXGKA3HX
Ps : check this. It's the same as the digicartz. Better to buy 70mai than icam. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Q85SLCS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nkquFbFBFX0ZF

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks yours, much appreciated.

I will buy this Tany icam camera only if the shop guy willing to exchange my existing icam IRVM fitted Dashcam, otherwise definitely no Chinese products.

Somehow, I want to get rid of the old/existing icam camera fitted on the IRVM hence I am there to trade with any other brand windshield fitting Dashcam. If that is not possible, then better I will go for a good product later on.

Will discuss with the shop guy for camera exchange deal and then decide what to do.

Shall keep updated developments here.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Better to buy 70mai than icam.
I have got their (Tany icam) website and checked the details of the dash cam. It seems a lot of features it has. See the Link

Further, the existing Dashcam (mirror Dashcam) also from icam which comes with front and rear recording (rear recording through reverse camera) and have worked fine so far (last 2 years). I feel not the best in the town, but nothing much to complain - of course it is my finding.

In any case, as said earlier, I will change this to new one only if the shop guy willing to do exchange business.

Top Bottom