Customizing Cheap SUV into Hummer – Worth It?

Re: Customizing Cheap SUV into Hummer – Worth It?

it will be a complete waste of monies for an impractical mod which will be worthless.. I would suggest if you really need a beast make up something like this :D

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #17

@thanks for suggestion but open top in delhi [shock] . i hope you don't want me look like burned chicken :tongue:

ok guys went to another shop today where i was getting installed after market filter on my friend safari . While sitting inside i was asking him regarding gypsy mod or any other cheap SUV mod
he gave these pic . he said he has done same mod . this look much better and cost effective mod as well as won't effect much FE
here

modified gypsy.png
gypsy.jpg

So i am trying to imagine how it will look in pure black colour and hardtop

what do you think guys

Re: Customizing Cheap SUV – Worth It?

Please Post pictures of customized scorpio. Very much interested to see.

I have seen a Mahindra Scorpio customized as Hummer look alike. If you want, I can post some pictures but I will have to search my entire magazine collection for that.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #26
guys i have one question as i drive through bad roads and some good mud and dirty water . So i wanted to know if i buy second hand gypsy which i think already have some rust right ? if i get repaired and get removed all rust can i expect gypsy to run 4years without getting big hole due to rust :tongue:

or should i go for new gypsy(i am more petrol head then diesel head )

Guys , what about RTO approval ? Is it a lengthy procedure for such a mod ? i have heard about a Qualis ceased in Delhi for modification into limo without approval . Somebody told me it's illegal even to change color without proper papers , is it true ? can anyone enlighten me pls...

Thread Starter #28

Guys , what about RTO approval ?
you can get most of stuff approved from RTO as long as you don't change chassis and engine but still most of illegal
Is it a lengthy procedure for such a mod ?
i didn't understood . you mean getting approved or getting modified . if modification time is totally depend on you some might take 1year some might take just 1-3months
i have heard about a Qualis ceased in Delhi for modification into limo without approval .
you need permission from manufacturer and RTO if not then its illegal
Somebody told me it's illegal even to change color without proper papers , is it true ? can anyone enlighten me pls...
yes its illegal to change color without getting it endorsed on your RC which is very easy just pay 2500 and volla you get your color changed on your RC .

Last edited by a moderator:

Thankx Rahul for explaining things but I still have few more doubts,

you can get most of stuff approved from RTO as long as you don't change chassis and engine but still most of illegal
Can you explain more on bold item ? Didn't understand what it means.
i didn't understood . you mean getting approved or getting modified . if modification time is totally depend on you some might take 1year some might take just 1-3months
I was asking about the procedure in RTO.
you need permission from manufacturer and RTO if not then its illegal
Why do we need permission from manufacturer if we are taking permission from RTO ?. Can it be approved easily by manufacturer as well?
And all these paper work should be done prior starting the job with the design , isn't it ?

Thread Starter #30

Can you explain more on bold item ? Didn't understand what it means.
i mean like if you have changed engine . you can get approved by RTO but if some how you got unlucky and an officer caught you then be ready to say good bye to your car atleast that's what mod shop told me .

I was asking about the procedure in RTO.
well i have only experience in changing color . it took 2days for my friend to get color in RC changed with help of agent
Why do we need permission from manufacturer if we are taking permission from RTO ?. Can it be approved easily by manufacturer as well?
well that's rule of RTO last time limo shop guy told me . But 90% time here in india they just pay good money(i mean it) to RTO and get approved . else you have to ask manufacturer if they say yes then go ahead with huge smile then you won't need to pay much money to RTO .
Also because you are touching chassis part .
And all these paper work should be done prior starting the job with the design , isn't it ?
well depend on you . you can get done later also once work is finished .But don't forget to tell you insurance company

Top Bottom