Customer Manhandled at Landmark Jeep

Why the jeep manufacturer is not answerable. This looks very ridiculous to me. The manufacturer should appoint correct and responsible dealers to sell his product. However great the product, if the dealers are not good, it will go in drainage. IMHO jeep should cancel this dealership. Whatever wrong-side the customer may be, the dealership guys cant beat him.

I am shocked to see how they treat a customer, regardless how abusive / irritating the customer might have been. Having said this, JEEP brand needs to wake up and do something about this.

A car priced correct, media hype, 200 car sameday delivery all this goes to drain, when dealers act like this.

This is totally unexpected, and irrespective of the brand and price of the car, this should not happen anywhere, in any dealership or even in any place.

Though the details have been shared by Bunny Punia, to give more understanding of the situation, nothing justifies this action by the sales people. Jeep must take strict action and cancel the dealership, even if it leads to a loss. It is the dealer who builds the reputation for a brand. Taking strict action on this would set an example not just for other Jeep dealerships, but in general all brands and dealerships. People with anger management issues should never be placed in customer facing roles.

I had a bad experience with one Service Manager at Ford. Due to one of the dealerships shutting down in Bangalore, the service center at Elite Ford, was having more then usual load. The service adviser had informed me that he needs two days to fix my car, and in the end of two days when I called them to get a status update, he informed me that he has to go urgently due to a family emergency. I instead called up the service manager, to get the update on my car. After promising to call back , when he did not for an hour , I called again, and this went on for some 3 hours.
Later when I insisted to know the status of my car's service, the person turned abusive and started yelling at me that he is not answerable to me, and I am not being sympathetic to his employee who has lost a family member. I clearly told him, I am not speaking to that employee and asking him to check the job card and let me know the status.
Things turned bad and he started shouting at me. When I asked to speak to his manager, he said that he is the head of the service center and literally asked me to get lost. All this, while I was sitting in my office and speaking in a calm voice and not raising as I did not want to spoil my office environment.

I went to the showroom, and spoke to the MD of the dealership and informed them about this. The receptionist told me that there have been a few more complaints about this person. I then called up Ford India, and also mailed about the issue to Ford India Service Head for the Zone.
Had to send a lot of mails, to get a response, but I made sure that he is reported and this issue is not confined within the dealership.
Later, the service manager offered a written apology and asked me to speak to Ford India to resolve the mater. I made sure that I escalate it and keep it for records, so that this thing is not repeated.

I can understand that a person can have a bad day, but what is important is to keep your calm during such situations. A third person should not be caused any mental or physical agony due to your issues.

A clarification has been given by the showroom for the incident.
The details are this in this article

Jeep Showroom Viral Video: FCA India Clarifies Manhandling of a Jeep Compass Customer [Video] - News18

In a separate statement, the company's dealer Landmark Group said: "It is unfortunate that a video is being circulated on social media relating to an incident that took place in our Delhi branch of Jeep showroom".

"The video neither portrays nor provides the complete picture of the happenings. The incident had resulted as a consequence of the unacceptable behaviour of the customer with some of the female staff in our organisation," it added.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I feel the truth can be ascertained with the CCTV footage too. However, under no circumstance physical harm is acceptable. A more responsible behavior was expected from dealer guys.

Regards

Akash

This is totally unexpected, and irrespective of the brand and price of the car, this should not happen anywhere, in any dealership or even in any place.
I have had my fair share of shenanigans with Ford Service (Lathangi and Metro).

I too have had Ford SAs telling me that they have some family emergencies and would vanish.
They were uncouth no doubt; so, I ensured that I was very calm with them and get my car out as soon as possible.
The funny thing is that I sold my Ford and the new owner had a big fight with the Service Personnel. So, I was receiving calls from Ford Service asking about the problem. The new owner had not changed the phone number in their database.

This is the case with Maruti as well - Suraksha and Pratham. I just want my car back, so I tolerate everything and get the car back.

For my Skoda, I have found a 3rd party person for pretty much everything
Bodywork,
Electricals,
Wheels etc etc.

So, it is only the routine service that I get done there and things have been fantastic till now.

I feel the truth can be ascertained with the CCTV footage too. However, under no circumstance physical harm is acceptable. A more responsible behavior was expected from dealer guys.

Regards

Akash
I wouldnt put it beyond people to make inappropriate remarks at female staff. Sometimes people have a sense of entitlement to do so. They should have involved the police right away though.

Top Bottom