Custom Painted interiors

Thread Starter #61
ilango[speed thirst];39140 said:
Demo , so flashy red.

Have trained my painter till his cry for this 50 days.
Coimbatore creates a nightmare for him.

Waiting for his work in my lancer this week.
So flashy red on the dashboard,for a demo car it can do wonders for you.
BTW,when is your car and your shop getting ready?

Just saw a Swift with beige + brown interiors (like the i20's)today. It had some sticker on the back, but I couldn't make out what it read.

You must have spotted the Swift Glam then!
Yeah! GLAM was written on the back. Now I remember. I could see just G and L. Tell me about the Swift Glam.

EDIT: Just found out thru google.

A DZire's interiors painted like this would be great!

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
It is a special edition swift by Maruti Suzuki.
It had different alloys and Beige interiors.
There were no other changes.

My car's stock interiors were not upto the mark to resist against sun light,after a long tough verbal fight with the company(KUN HYUNDAI),i got my new crash pad by paying 20% of its cost.
The same problem has been noted of the door trims now.The grey color plastics start to melt and get removed on touch.
The company didn't even bother for my complaint and said this is out of warrany and you have to change your door trims on chargeable basis.
The cost of four door trims cost around Rs 32,000.Instead of wasting money by replacing it,I got an idea of changing my complete interiors from beige and grey to black and orange.
I have painted all the four door pads,gear console,central console,and the beige part of the dash.
The total cost for painted the four door trims and the dash came around Rs 3k.
Here are the pictures.
Surendar,

I am from chennai and I would like to get my Lancer's interior painted the same way (black and orange). Can you please let me know the contact details of where you did your painting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread not updated for long. Wonder if the modification was complete. Surendar, are you reading?

Even our family car, a 2007 Getz , plastics had melted around in 2012-13. I was under the impression that some liquid must have reacted while getting it cleaned. But now, i wonder if there was a problem with the quality of plastics supplied by Hyundai in that period (2007-2010).

Will check on getting them painted, if that would give it a fresh look. Waiting to head to hometown to check on this.

Thanks to the idea Surendar.

Top Bottom