Custom Painted interiors

Thread Starter #46
I'm looking for somthing in the 4 - 5K range....and brands, i dont know....they show me stuff that are not branded for that range. I know for a fact that you get branded stuff for that price....so i wana know where i can get the same and what are the recomended brands?
I got my seat covers for 4.7 k,and it was the color of my choice.In your case,AFAIK,the branded ones like stanley,nappa and others cost around 30 k for verna which includes seat covers,steering cover and 2 pillows.
And,I would suggest you to buy it in Pondicherry as you can choose your color from various stores and then place an order.The reason is that the finishing and a neat job can be assured.

Surendar if you dont mind.

Surendar was overcharged

charge because he opted for dual colour of his choice.

And his seats are normal art leather type - NOT SUNG FIT. Normal thread tight type

That are sold at 2300/- for a car.

Sung fit/u fit as said is tight fit , has a steel rod(very slim in diameter) , else a thread , passes through the seat , yes pierce the seat and fixed. i think raj has fixed them!

What raj has fixed is branded and unbranded ones are also available.

And jakx - welcome to TAI ,
In chennai you got gp road , just go there and ask for price in every shop , Ask for sung fit type . You must find a small rod inside!. It will cost the same as it costed for surendar . Less than 5000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #48
@ Ilango,I got impressed by the color choices and I didn't find an orange color in the sample list of any shop in pondy,including "Auto Foam",which has only yellow and not orange.I found Hi-Tech with my color choices and then ordered fot the seat covers. I think I was the first customer of Hi-Tech in buying a custom color combination of seat covers.And a few taxis were stalled for some audio installation when i got my seat covers fitted,and they all wanted like my seat covers.
Yes,it was a bit over charged,but,where do you get custom(dual) color seat covers for Rs 2,300.And that 2300 doesn't include the fitting charge,and in my case,the seat covers were much better when compared to my friend's Cielo,for which he got seat covers of colors black and siverish grey for Rs 3,700.It was like sitting on a fabric material and it was not of perfect finish too.So,i find my 4.7 k to be worth for the seat covers.

Places are there in India where same covers are sold over 8000/-

No one charge for normal seat covers(here..... also in chennai). Only sung fit which i say are charged because they are hard to fix . Some times fixing 2 cars makes fixer 's fingers pain .

Yes it was new shop when you ordered and was ordered through another shop here.

Yes orange covers are hard to get as you say.
And your material is so called hi tech material (sounds same as shop name) cost a 600 to 900 more than normal art leather non sung fit type.

ilango[speed thirst];38723 said:
And jakx - welcome to TAI
Thanks a lot dude! i sort of found TAI randomly when i was googling trying to find nice places to customize interiors....

Anyway, you guys have been of great help...so thanks a lot.

BTW, i was on anna salai yesterday and was filling petrol on a Barath Petroleum bunk when i was waiting behind another Getz. This dude had also redone his interiors. It was all black and i was extremely surprised with the finish so i went to him and found out that he had done the job at a shop called classic car decor on gp road. he had a deadly engine sound too and since i dint see any mufflers, i think it was a genuine engine upgrade. Unfortunately, was unable to get his name or number....so anyone know of this shop...hows the place?? and forgot to mention,....it cost him 3K for the all blak interior

Doing mods on GP road can actually be a double-edged sword! There are some genuine shops to help you out but there are also others who are waiting to cheat. So consult all shops there to get a general idea about the price. Also i guess Ilango or Zinam can help you out with genuine mod shops here in Chennai which are reliable.

And BTW welcome to TAI![:D]

Thread Starter #53
BTW, i was on anna salai yesterday and was filling petrol on a Barath Petroleum bunk when i was waiting behind another Getz. This dude had also redone his interiors. It was all black and i was extremely surprised with the finish so i went to him and found out that he had done the job at a shop called classic car decor on gp road. he had a deadly engine sound too and since i dint see any mufflers, i think it was a genuine engine upgrade. Unfortunately, was unable to get his name or number....so anyone know of this shop...hows the place?? and forgot to mention,....it cost him 3K for the all blak interior
There are many shops on GP road,who do all modification works either by themselves or through another shop/garage.You have to check the quality of the selected product,the place and no cheats.
OT=My dad has told me enough incidents about GP road,as he has a lot of experience with cars for nearly past 27 years.One of the incident is that when our Tata Sierra was parked on GP road for change of alloys,while changing,a few things from the car were missing and even the spare tyre's bolts/screws were also missing and the old tyres had new tubes in them,which were changed to old tubes.My dad found these things as he had a doubt on the workers,as he was constantly distracted during the work,by showing some other accessories.When he went to our regular mechanic on ECR,he checked and tod the above listed changes,and my dad went to GP road the next day and had a tough arguement and the worker there denied the incident and when my dad called up the police(a good friend of my dad),the shop owner was called and the stolen things were returned,and the owner pleaded not to file a complaint as it was done by the workers and not to make it a big issue as the shop's name will be spoiled.
There are similar incidents,especiallywhen the car is parked at their shop for many hours or even days.
The original products will be replaced by fake products within a short span of time.Thats why i am hesitating to give a proper shop for you in GP road.
There is a shop called "HI-REV",opposite to Hotel Vijay Park,Vadapalani,he is one of the leading car modifier in Chennai.He has done a lot of cars with exterior and interior modifications,and the owner himself has a imported Mitsubishi SUV,Suzuki Grand Vitara,a customized OHC and more cars.
Or else,behind "HI-REV",there is a small garage like workshop called "TINKER TONE",he is car modifier basically from Coimbatore now in Chennai,but now in the field of tinkering and painting.He has done only limited number of cars,I will post the Lancer done by him in another thread,check it out.

Paint dark colour on top of dash board. It avoids reflection.

Remember our work of white lancer - got white dash board and reflect

Black or dark blue is all time fav.

Ignore my car - it will have red!

Thread Starter #59
Is your car getting Satin Red on the dash?That will definitely look cool but reflection is a minus feature.
Always go for grey/black/dark brown(i20),and a contrast color to be more sporty.

Top Bottom