Custom Painted interiors

Thread Starter #17
@ Akash,if your car's interiors have black colored plastics,then you can add a contrast color of your choice,which will suit it.
You can paint the centre console,gear console,AC vents and the door trims,which are of higher quality plastics with flat surface.These areas can be painted and then a clear coat can be sprayed on to have a metallic paint like effect.
The silver color in my car's interiors are coated with clear,that is why it looks glossy.

Thanks for tips buddy. Alto interior is all grey with black found only at and near the ac controls. my idea is to make this grey black combo look better with some more black painting on glove box, and on the door fabric inserts region. Also i m planning to have silver finish on door and lock levers. but all these are just plans, no finalisation yet.

@surender
nice work and combination of black and orange...[clap]
your car might be burning like hot oven during day time??[surprise]
black absorbs the most of the heat..what say??

Hey looking nice but the Dash looks old now and the color also does not match! And you could have painted the gear lever also to black or orange right?

your seat covers are fully matching with interiors but are you not planning to paint upper part of dash to black? and ya i agree with cooldhaya change to gear knob also.

Thread Starter #26
Wow Surender, looking great.

Even your seat cover is also looking cool.
Thanks a lot!
-----------Next Post-----------
Hey looking nice but the Dash looks old now and the color also does not match! And you could have painted the gear lever also to black or orange right?
Yes,the dash looks odd,but,painting over the upper part takes long time for defitting and then fitting it.It nearly takes half a day.
The reason for not painting the gear knob is that,it is a place where my hand will be rested while driving,so,the paint over it will peel off easily,as it has to be touched now and then,that's why my painter insisted not to paint it.As an alternative,i am planning for stitched art leather for steering wheel and gear knob.
-----------Next Post-----------
your seat covers are fully matching with interiors but are you not planning to paint upper part of dash to black? and ya i agree with cooldhaya change to gear knob also.
The upper part will be painted after a few weeks time,once my course gets completed,and my car will be fully transformed with debadging of my ride,kits and thinking of a badge called "transformers".

Last edited:
@surendar- Excellent transformation. BTW even i am searching for some badges like CLUB, EXECUTIVE, SPORTS for my Alto, but not successful yet.
About gear lever and steering, i think stiching work is the best option. Even i wont recommend painting on (upper) dash,steering,gear knob since these are more prone to direct sunlight(mainly dash) which may lead to peeling of paint.
Also try changing the instument panel lights which will add more appeal to the interiors.

Thread Starter #28
@ Akash,badges like CLUB,EXECUTIVE,SPORTS ,etc are available in Chennai,which are also made on custom order basis.
The change of the instrument panel lights will not be suggested by me,as i wear a sepctacles for vision,and the change of lights will be done with LEDs,which are more powerful and causes distraction and glare while driving in the night.So,that's the reason why i don't recommend change of the instrument panel lights.
I already have interior blue LEDs,which give a good look to my interiors,so,i don't have any plan of changing the instrument panel lights.
My next plan is,
1)Kits
2)Spoiler
3)Debadging,or Rebadging.
4)If i like,mesh grilles.

Top Bottom