Cruise Control For Fiat Linea T-Jet

I can see you are from Bangalore. If you are really serious about getting this done, PM me. We can surely meetup and I can do a simple 10 minute test on your car and let you know if it is possible at all. You can then order the parts and do the installation.

Rajan
Hi! Rajan

I have tried to PM . but PM is not allowed. I too would like to experiment with my Vista Qjet.

Thread Starter #17
Hi! Rajan

I have tried to PM . but PM is not allowed. I too would like to experiment with my Vista Qjet.
I joined this forum only a few days back and have no idea why PM is not allowed. You can email me (I have enabled download vcard option)

I am not sure if this is possible in a Vista Qjet. True it uses the FIAT MJD engine, but this functionality will depend on the relevant code being available in the ECU. As of now, I can only confirm that this functionality is available in
  • FIAT Linea T-Jet ( The older version launched in 2010)
  • FIAT Linea MJD

Rajan

Hi Rajan,

Thanks for this DIY. I really appreciated it.
In your video which you had inserted in the thread "After market cruise control", I noticed a what appeared to be a DVD screen attached over the centre console. Please clarify what it is and how you installed it? Is it a tablet or a tablet cum navigation system.
Thanks

Hi Rajan,

Can this be done on Dzire 1.3 MJD? Mine is old generation Dzire and i am totally ok with driving to Bangalore if this is possible.

Regards,
Sankar

It is not possible on Dzire shankar as Maruti cannot gives cruise control to any model but I know it is a fiat motor but the ECU is different too

It is not possible on Dzire shankar as Maruti cannot gives cruise control to any model but I know it is a fiat motor but the ECU is different too
As Rajan says we need to check if ECU has relevant code available for cruise control. My belief is that nothing is impossible if we work hard for it.[;)]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #26
Hi Rajan,

Thanks for this DIY. I really appreciated it.
In your video which you had inserted in the thread "After market cruise control", I noticed a what appeared to be a DVD screen attached over the centre console. Please clarify what it is and how you installed it? Is it a tablet or a tablet cum navigation system.
Thanks
Thank you. Details of the clamp can be found here

Hi Rajan,

Can this be done on Dzire 1.3 MJD? Mine is old generation Dzire and i am totally ok with driving to Bangalore if this is possible.

Regards,
Sankar
Can you post a picture of your ECU? Let me also check and see what ECU comes with the Dzire

Rajan

Last edited:
Thank you. Details of the clamp can be found here

Can you post a picture of your ECU? Let me also check and see what ECU comes with the Dzire

Rajan
Rajan,
Hi, this is amazing. You make it look so easy.
Can you show the original ABS(What does that mean?) plastic? And a photo of how you bent it?

Regards,

Thread Starter #30
Rajan,
Hi, this is amazing. You make it look so easy.
Can you show the original ABS(What does that mean?) plastic? And a photo of how you bent it?

Regards,
Thanks. I don't make it look easy. It is, in reality, very easy :)

ABS or Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is plastic that is widely used in Automobiles, among a host of other things. All the plastic trims you find inside a car would be ABS. More reading.

I do not have a picture / video of the process, so posting a video that shows how it is done. I did exactly the same thing. Video copyrights rest with the owner.

How to : Bending & Shaping Plastic with hot air gun, heat gun, Steinel - YouTube

Rajan

Last edited:

Top Bottom