Crazy Performance Trick

Guys,if this is true then the cars in cold countries, are they more powerful than those in hot countries? the same cars of same make i would say.
Once they have reached the optimal operating temperature, yes.
Even you can feel your car peppier during winters compared to peak summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
yes Neil when you put on your AC , it takes away 50 % of the total engine power output,hope all experienced auto enthusiasts knew it over here.

We already aware of this fact that this crazy idea is not yours, who ever have made this is an amateur auto innovator with minimum practical knowledge about automobile technology.
AC might take half of engines load but it's speed doesn't affects it.
I regret for the mistake in my datas, I have misread it.

The rectified data is the current air-conditioning systems used in the vehicles reduces the fuel economy from 20 to 50 % depending on the size of the vehicle.It uses 5% or 3-4bhp of the total engine power
All wrong,
50% power is some figure! Do you mean to say that if a car is travelling at 120KM/H and if we press the AC switch it comes down to 60KM/H?

Umang, Do What Speed of AC do you mean? Are you trying to say the Blower speed? or What IT affects IT and what not IT?

Still wrong about FE figure. Even 20% is huge of a number. In modern vehicles the Fuel consumption goes up marginally. Like it slips from 14KMPL to 13KMPL or so. The power effect is negligible the same. Once you are above 100 KMPH, the effects get reverse (Poor FE sans AC) Now PM me if you can't figure out the logic.

Coming back to this mod, Theory says that nothing is 100% efficient. Output will always be less than input. So I feel one is better off simply driving without AC. That'll be some boost on small cars.

I have a query regarding this, cold air intake breath in natural air which contains pure oxygen, but if we are doing this experiment the air which is coming through a/c must have been passed through refrigerant(freon, ammonia etc.) due to which temperature of air gets exchanged with it and this lowers the air temperature. Here my doubt borns, isnt this air having lesser amount of pure oxygen ? Or isnt it contaminated with some of the particles which will not be good for the engine ?

This is not something anyone has tried.Not even the original poster has tried this.You have a very valid question there redro_hit.

With any sort of piping the air that reaches the engine won't be cool anymore and its benefits will be next to none.

Also forcing more air into the engine does not mean that you will get more power.Power comes from fuel and not air.To make more power you need more fuel, so the ecu needs to be told to run the car richer.More air+more fuel=more power.Air/fuel alone doesn't give you more power

Top Bottom