Crazy Performance Trick

Thread Starter #1
As the title say's this is a "CRAZY PERFORMANCE TRICK" which i haven't tried but its bound to work.

Had read about it long time ago,it was a big article but sadly had no pic's.I tried to search it now so that i could copy past the thing here but i was just not able to find that page.

Now coming back to the TRICK. We all know on what principle the CAI (cold air intake) works.
The engine performs better when it breathes better(cold air).
Reason :- Cold air = Dense air = more oxygen molecules = better combustion = BETTER PERFORMANCE.

CAI kits guarantee you 4 - 5 bhp gain but cost 10 times of what this TRICK would cost you with almost similar bhp gains.

The TRICK - Get a flexible pipe or something similar,connect its one end to your car's AC pipe & the other to your car's air filter inlet duct.Switch on the AC to full speed & start driving.[:D]

You could even keep the pipe lying inside your car instead of directly tucking it into you AC pipe.In this case just make sure the cars cabin gets cooled fully to extract the most.The intake force would even make funny noise inside the car,for that you will need to experiment with the pipes diameter.

Now the only complicated thing is how do you connect the flexible pipe to you main AC pipe or inside you car's cabin.This really depends on many factors like time,need,etc.

I really don't know how reliable this TRICK is but its bound to work.

After all its a Crazy Performance Trick.[lol]

Last edited:
Great trick. Instead of taking cool air from outside, letting the cold ac air to flow into the air filter. Technically, looks it can work. Give it a try Niel and let us know if it works.

350Z

Core Team
This is indeed Crazy!!
I don't recommend to try this on your cars. An experiment for same needs to be done on a test car first. Neil, Did you tried this? Try to search for that article and provide us with a link here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Lolz thats the most funniest performance i have ever gone through :P

Just by replacing a correct filter will give a better throttle response and will make the rpm meter go up bit quickly,again when you wish to improve your car's performance,one should know what exactly is his need.Placement of Air filter and the size of intake pipe makes alo of difference.

Please do not try anything like this,as a/c piping with cool air will be also giving out moisture in the inlet a bonus ;)

Thread Starter #10
About connecting the AC piper to you ail filter inlet duct - Its not like your air filter should completely depend on your AC pipe for the air. I mean the amount of air ****ed through the filter per second is lot more than what you AC is possible of giving out(per sec).The air filter should also have an accesses to normal surrounding air.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great trick. Instead of taking cool air from outside, letting the cold ac air to flow into the air filter. Technically, looks it can work. Give it a try Niel and let us know if it works.
Would love to try it.But not on my ikon,i wont even recognize the slight power hype(if any)[:D]

Sounds good but practically is it possible?? Anybody interested in trying this?
See the results are really negligible & the TRICK as i said is not reliable.
As ramie said depends on what one actually wants from his car.(His needs)

Great idea.
I am doing right now, but it will be on my list to do on my Alto.
Alto ain't a bad vehicle to try this.IF i had my old zen would have definitely tried this.I mean you could actually feel the difference (if nay) on small cars.

Dude, did you invent this? Are you sure it'll work? If we connect AC pipe into the airduct, how the car's AC will work?
No,i haven't invented this.As said earlier,had read it in a article long time ago.About how the AC will work - You could have two pipes,one supplying air to the AC ducts & other stuck in your air filter.[lol]

This is really Crazy!!
I don't recommend to try this on your cars. An experiment for same needs to be done on a test car first. Neil, Did you tried this? Try to search for that article and provide us with a link here.
Drive Safe,
350Z
I am still trying to search the article not just to provide a link but it had this TRICK explained in proper words.I don't see any harm in trying this TRICK ones,its just that it needs to be tried on a proper car to actually see if there are any performance gains or not.

Lolz thats the most funniest performance i have ever gone through :P

Just by replacing a correct filter will give a better throttle response and will make the rpm meter go up bit quickly,again when you wish to improve your car's performance,one should know what exactly is his need.Placement of Air filter and the size of intake pipe makes alo of difference.

Please do not try anything like this,as a/c piping with cool air will be also giving out moisture in the inlet a bonus ;)
Just shared what the article said.Performance filters would any day be more practical.
But as the name says,its a CRAZY PERFORMANCE TRICK[lol]
(wouldn't the moisture thing be pretty less when its not just the AC air ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this first . this idea struck just now.

connect the air filter in same way but not to ac but to outer of car say like top or near windshield like a snorkel.

drive in early morning. test if some difference is there?

if its there we can try the next step to ac.

Thread Starter #13
ilango[speed thirst];12207 said:
Try this first . this idea struck just now.

connect the air filter in same way but not to ac but to outer of car say like top or near windshield like a snorkel.

drive in early morning. test if some difference is there?

if its there we can try the next step to ac.
This thing works but depends on how well the piping,etc is done.
I mean the cold air improves the performance a bit.You can easily recognize this "improvement" on bikes.

Moreover this is the working principal of a CAI (cold air intake).

Last edited:
The note of my marina without the air filter is superb. during services i have removed and started.
Dont know how will it be when driven in that condition.
One thing is for sure , the engine may pack up if dust get mixed!

Thread Starter #15
ilango[speed thirst];12266 said:
The note of my marina without the air filter is superb. during services i have removed and started.
Dont know how will it be when driven in that condition.
One thing is for sure , the engine may pack up if dust get mixed!
Its not "MAY" buddy its "WILL" ..Don't even try running you car without the air filter for the sake of your engine.

If you like the Intake not then why not go for a Performance filter ?

Top Bottom