Crash Test Ratings By Govt. Car Assessment Programs

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
nissan-terra-asean-ncap-side-impact-test-b6ff.jpg

Following its market debut in China in April, the Nissan Terra has started penetrating the ASEAN region. The mid-size SUV was recently crash tested under the regional NCAP, in which it scored the maximum 5-star safety rating.

Read:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Wonderful Feat achieved by Nexon. Every Indian owner of Nexon should be proud of the fact. Moreover, 1st Car of India i.e Made & Sold in India attaining a 5 star rating is a great achievement. Full marks to Tata for the constant improvement and pushing the envelope further for safety[cheers]

Regards

Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
my elation knows no bounds.
I am extremely happy and proud for TATA and for NEXON.
I always wondered why Nexon is so heavy compared to the competition.Some hatchbacks are mere 860 kgs,with more space inside.
Now I have all the answers.That's why it weighs 1300 kgs.
Congrats TATA.
Thankfully I have got rid of all the marutis in my stable.Now only Mahindra and TATA remain.And they are rated 4star and 5 star respectively.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What an improvement. A well deserved promotion from 4 Star to 5 star after adding some extra features
my elation knows no bounds.
I am extremely happy and proud for TATA and for NEXON.
I always wondered why Nexon is so heavy compared to the competition.Some hatchbacks are mere 860 kgs,with more space inside.
Now I have all the answers.That's why it weighs 1300 kgs.
Congrats TATA.
Thankfully I have got rid of all the marutis in my stable.Now only Mahindra and TATA remain.And they are rated 4star and 5 star respectively.
Another point worth noting here is that, Nexon belongs to a brand for which people had 2nd thoughts before buying. It belongs to a brand which was considered as a TAXI brand. A true turn around if I may say. We all were hoping that soon we will have a 5 star rated Indian Car and it is a pleasant surprise for all that TATA Motors has given us the 1st 5 star rated car. I just hope Harrier and Hexa too perform the same way once tested. 2 Airbags and yet a 5 star safety rating is commendable.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #9

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Mahindra, Honda cars crash test safety ratings

It was back in 2014 that Global NCAP started crash testing Indian cars as per global standards. Before this, Indian cars were not crash tested as per global standards, and buyers had to rely on manufacturers word on safety.

The first batch of cars crash tested by Global NCAP not only shocked the auto industry in India, but also the automotive industry in the world. Because not only Indian manufacturers, globally renowned auto brands also performed poorly in the test.

indian-cars-crash-test-rating.jpg

*Tata Nexon 5 star rating is valid for cars manufactured post 7th Dec.
** Marazzo 4 star rating is valid for cars manufactured post 16th Nov
.​

Read:

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Hyundai Santa Fe achieves five-star Euro NCAP rating

Hyundai’s current flagship SUV, at least in its international line-up, has scored a five-star rating in Euro NCAP’s crash tests.

With six airbags offered as standard along with plethora of other features Hyundai cars are known for, the new Santa Fe achieved 94 percent in adult occupancy and 88 percent in child occupancy. It also scored 67 percent for vulnerable road users and 76 percent for its safety assist systems.

Read:

Thread Starter #11

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Scores Highest In Euro NCAP Crash Tests [Video]

523133.fa446154218.original.jpg

The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class topped the list of the safest cars among those tested by the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) in 2018.

The Mercedes-Benz A-Class obtained the best overall safety rating, ahead of the Lexus ES and the Audi Q3. In the child occupant protection category, the small sedan obtained the highest score of 91 percent (a tie with the Mazda 6), and also led the field in safety for other road users such as pedestrians and cyclists, with a score of 92 percent.

Read:

Thread Starter #12

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Mercedes G Class crash tested on video – Gets 5 star safety rating

2019 Mercedes G Class has scored a 5 star rating, when tested by the European New Car Assessment Program (Euro NCAP). The redesigned G Class boasts of a body on frame set up which for the first time gets an independent front suspension, which showed commendable results when put through these stringent safety tests.

Read:

Thread Starter #13

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Honda CRV scores 5 Stars safety rating in crash test – Video

New Honda CRV boasts of a unique body structure offering enhanced stiffness and best in class rigidity. This along with a host of active safety features has gained the CR-V a 5 Star rating in Euro NCAP, the results of which have just been announced.

The Honda CRV gets All Director Collision Safety with next generation Advanced Capability Engineering body structure. This allows for equitable distribution of collision energy thus reducing force transferred to passenger cell and ensuring superior frontal, side and rear crash protection.

Read:

Thread Starter #14

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Toyota Yaris awarded 4-star Latin NCAP rating

?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190329010352_Toyota-Yaris-Latin-NCAP-sid.jpg

In the latest round of crash tests conducted by Latin NCAP, the Toyota Yaris has achieved a four-star rating. The made-in-Brazil sedan is equipped with safety kit such as dual front airbags, ABS, electronic stability control, front seatbelt pretensioners, seatbelt reminders and Isofix child seat mounts, which helped it achieve four stars for both, adult occupancy (26.99/34) and child occupancy (38.05/49).

?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190329010351_Toyota-Yaris-Latin-NCAP-fro.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #15

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Volkswagen T-Cross SUV scores 5 stars in Latin NCAP crash test

f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190328092815_Volkswagen-T-Cross-NCAP-Crash-5-star-m3.jpg

The Volkswagen T-Cross has scored a 5-star safety rating in a crash test recently conducted by the Latin NCAP (New Car Assessment Program). The front offset crash test was conducted at 64kph while a side mobile barrier test was conducted at 50kph.

f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190328092810_Volkswagen-T-Cross-NCAP-Crash-5-star-m2.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom