Covini C6W Six Wheeled Eco Supercar

Thread Starter #1
Covini is a sports car competing in fast, powerful and luxurious environment where performance and speed are the most important aspects and manufacturers cannot afford to compromise these factors. Covini wants to stand out and be different, this manufacturer has invested time and money and finally developed an eco sustainable project. The C3A will be an hybrid car, half petrol and half electric, able to combine power and speed typical of sport cars together with creativity and responsibility towards the environment and the planet. The car's electric engine will also be able to reuse the braking power, which, using a technique known in Formula 1, will guarantee clean energy to drive around town or cruise in the countryside without harming the environment, at the same time assuring top performance when pushed to the max on the tracks!

Source:
Genius Car

Picx:
COVINI C6W

Mods:Please move this thread under proper section

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: Covini 6 wheeled eco supercar

I have seen the pictures of this car many times. It’s an interesting concept but surprisingly not new. It’s inspired from Tyrrell P34, the six-wheeled F1 car. The engineers claim that six wheels help in various ways:

- Reasonably less under steer.
- Better braking due to full contact with surface.
- Less chances of loss of control in case of tyre burst.
- ...And many more.

Covini is an Italian auto manufacturer. For those who are interested to know more about them, check out this: COVINI ENGINEERING

Covini-C6W_Spider_2006_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Covini-C6W_Spider_2006_800x600_wallpaper_08.jpg

Covini-C6W_Spider_2006_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

design is similar to konigsegg
This was the first thought that came to my mind too.

- Reasonably less under steer.
Definitely would reduce the understeer but steering would itself become a task to give directional impetus to 4 wheels at same time. This would in turn lead to more fragile front design (in regard to drive shafts).

On a lighter note, to me the design looks as if DC got hold of a koenigsegg and went crazy. [;)]

freakdude.

Yes the car doesnt look pleasing to the eye with those many axles. Looks like someone has photoshoped and put in an extra pair of wheels.

This was the first thought that came to my mind too.

Definitely would reduce the understeer but steering would itself become a task to give directional impetus to 4 wheels at same time. This would in turn lead to more fragile front design (in regard to drive shafts).

On a lighter note, to me the design looks as if DC got hold of a koenigsegg and went crazy. [;)]

freakdude.
The front wheels are not driven so no drive shafts. I dont see any ill effexts technically.

The front wheels are not driven so no drive shafts. I dont see any ill effexts technically.
I guess you meant that it is not front wheel drive.
It's true that it would be a rear wheel drive but the response of steering is transferred to front wheels only else how do you think the car will steer?

freakdude.

of course there will be steering linkages, but they can be easily mounted as per will, and both the wheels connected easily. If it was driveshafts transferring power, their placements would have been critical and posed much technical problems.

Top Bottom