Coverage: Tata Hexa Off-Road Experience Season 2017 @ Delhi

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

We attended today the Season 2017 of the Tata Hexa Off-Road Experience being held at Okhla, NSIC Grounds in New Delhi. This is a 2 day weekend event. This time the venue wasn't as big as the Gurgaon Edition that was held in 2016. You may check out our extensive coverage of the 2016 Event here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...l-coverage-tata-hexa-off-road-experience.html

This time the water-wading wasn't done which would have been much more exciting. Yet, Hexa again proved to be a capable off-roader at least in the controlled environment. Here is the Official Coverage of The Automotive India.

20170610_142152.jpg

20170610_130511.jpg

20170610_130432.jpg

20170610_132341.jpg

20170610_133340.jpg

20170610_130839.jpg

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Fantastic coverage as usual, Akash. Lucky us that we can feel as if we have been there ourselves. What a beast, takes things with aplomb. Hope to see a lot of these on the roads. You have some very very steady hands.

outstanding coverage @Akash[:)]

Hope these sessions will boost confidence with the prospective customers and will help them to make buying decision towards these amazing machines by Tata

Were there test drives for Tigor as well? how was the feedback from the visitors for the vehicles?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Fantastic coverage as usual, Akash. Lucky us that we can feel as if we have been there ourselves. What a beast, takes things with aplomb. Hope to see a lot of these on the roads. You have some very very steady hands.
Thanks buddy. The whole idea behind the coverage is that every member of our forum should feel connected to the event and should enjoy going through the entire experience.

outstanding coverage @Akash

Hope these sessions will boost confidence with the prospective customers and will help them to make buying decision towards these amazing machines by Tata

Were there test drives for Tigor as well? how was the feedback from the visitors for the vehicles?
Thanks bud. Indeed I hope so to. On Saturday, there were no Test Drives for the Tigor. It was put up for display there. About the Hexa, people were checking it out but not with real conviction as we all enthusiasts do. Their facial expressions were more like "In the end its a TATA". One middle aged man said, Aria Jaisi lagti hai! My expression to his statement was[confused][roll].

Do stay tuned for a bunch of more detailed coverage we have in store. I am sure you all shall enjoy even them as well!

Regards

Akash

Thanks buddy. The whole idea behind the coverage is that every member of our forum should feel connected to the event and should enjoy going through the entire experience.

Thanks bud. Indeed I hope so to. On Saturday, there were no Test Drives for the Tigor. It was put up for display there. About the Hexa, people were checking it out but not with real conviction as we all enthusiasts do. Their facial expressions were more like "In the end its a TATA". One middle aged man said, Aria Jaisi lagti hai! My expression to his statement was[confused][roll].

Do stay tuned for a bunch of more detailed coverage we have in store. I am sure you all shall enjoy even them as well!

Regards

Akash
Even I hear all these comments like "In the end, its a TATA" "Aria Jaisi lagti hai". All these comments show the kind of brand image Tata is fighting with and even if the buyer is convinced to money on Hexa, others(Family members, Friends & neighbors) who don't know jack about cars & might not even owned one will stop them and always make a joke out of it.

Still, I see positive vibes from a lot of people and especially from Tata by coming up with these events however still require more marketing to make it a success.

One icing on the cake is the niggles and issues reported from the Crysta owners now people are considering to move to Hexa and quite often I hear such comments that Hexa is better aur sasti bhi hai, dekhne main kaafi achi bhi hai, even some SA's are telling visitors that it's designed with the help of JLR and carry lot of parts & tech from JLR[;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Even I hear all these comments like "In the end, its a TATA" "Aria Jaisi lagti hai". All these comments show the kind of brand image Tata is fighting with and even if the buyer is convinced to money on Hexa, others(Family members, Friends & neighbors) who don't know jack about cars & might not even owned one will stop them and always make a joke out of it.
I agree. People are never vocal of the fact that in today's time, you'll find more number of Swifts and Dzire(s) in fleet business than a BOLT, Zest or Tiago and Tigor but still the notion remains TATA is having a taxi brand image. I myself believe that "taxi brand" label has been the biggest issue in sales of Tata cars except Safari. Tata used to be the first choice in fleet business long back but now with the kind of products it has and their upcoming vehicles all have a better all over appeal than Indica and Indigo but this thought seldom comes in a general buyer's mind. Tata's ASC may not be at par with Korean and Japanese but for that TML should take potent steps because even that is damaging their good products.

We spoke and at length discussed "727" number of Hexa sold but has anyone questioned VW Vento's numbers? In April 2017 it did 564 and May 2017 it did 530 and 1 year back it did 995 in May 2016. Now why is it selling in even lesser numbers than Hexa? VW is much better a brand than TATA, VW has much more strong standing among enthusiasts than TATA. Vento is much lesser in price than Hexa. Vento caters to the most competitive segment in our market. Then why has Vento given so poor sales? Vento as a product has been in Market much before than Hexa.

Still, I see positive vibes from a lot of people and especially from Tata by coming up with these events however still require more marketing to make it a success.
I have spent a good amount of time with the Hexa on many occasions and let me tell you, it does have cost cutting and quality issues at couple of places which can definitely be lived with but other than that reliability and overall package seems to be very much worthy.

One icing on the cake is the niggles and issues reported from the Crysta owners now people are considering to move to Hexa and quite often I hear such comments that Hexa is better aur sasti bhi hai, dekhne main kaafi achi bhi hai, even some SA's are telling visitors that it's designed with the help of JLR and carry lot of parts & tech from JLR
Actually, people are just doing lip service and if you ask them will they invest in Hexa over Innova, the expression will be [shock]:rolleyes:. Even with niggles people will put 20+ Lacs on a Innova because Toyota has a strong standing over the years in our market and Innova has been surviving for more than a decade. Hexa is a novice in that respect. It has to work really hard to even get close to Innova. Hexa has a lot of inspiration from JLR indeed but still as its said "1st impression is the last impression".

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom