Akash1886

Honoured Member
20160823_121756.jpg

20160823_121853.jpg

20160823_121946.jpg

20160823_122034.jpg

20160823_122149.jpg

20160823_122329.jpg

All these pictures of the official coverage are only for The Automotive India. Any re-use needs full credit to T.A.I

Thank You team as always for supporting me in my efforts and to Vibhor for the trust in me![:)]

*Videos to come soon.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Somehow I did not like the dashboard. That touchscreen looks just like a big blob in the overall flow, almost as an afterthought. I expected more safety features to be standard, ie, 6 airbags across variants. For a car that sells less than 500 numbers a month in an already declining segment, there seem to be an awful lot of variants. Why not have just 2 variants for petrol and diesel each ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Somehow I did not like the dashboard. That touchscreen looks just like a big blob in the overall flow, almost as an afterthought. I expected more safety features to be standard, ie, 6 airbags across variants. For a car that sells less than 500 numbers a month in an already declining segment, there seem to be an awful lot of variants. Why not have just 2 variants for petrol and diesel each ?
I completely agree. There should have been a base variant including all the features of the middle variants and a top of the line with 6 airbags and maybe 1 more for the Sunroof.

A Grand i10 costing 6 lakhs have more features than the base elantra ( electric folding mirrors , fog lamps)

The last gen had Most of the features common through out the variants. Greedy hyundai.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Took a td of the new elantra petrol automatic and that 10 minutes td seemed very nice [:D]

The automatic height adjusting seats have a very good range. Really liked it and many people will be happy to arrange the seats according to their liking.

The best thing in the car was the NVH levels. I tried the horn and was disappointed because they didn't use creta's horn ( vw type) and sOund seemed very less for my liking. I was pleasantly surprised after the td when I was standing outside and the advisor blew the horn. It was loud and didn't think there will be so much difference inside and out.
The tyreand engine noise was minimal.

I checked 3 cars and the elite i20 has the best interiors followed by the elantra and then the creta

Hyundai has used soft plastics on the elantra's dashboard but it failed too woo me like the i20's interior. According to me black and silver is not a premium combination or I have to see another car that uses the same combination. ( but interior is much better than corrola that's for sure)
A black and beige combo would have looked more premium.

The rear seats had more cushioning and my friend and I enjoyed sitting at the rear seats. Many people will find it comfortable. The front seats in comparison are a little stiff.

Dual zone air conditioning worked like a charm but since I took td in the evening can't comment on the effectiveness of ac.

I liked the automatic transmission and the engine felt powerful. I could only take it upto 50kmph but it was enough to know about the city driveability and you won't be disappointed.

The ride quality was excellent. The suspension smoothens out all the potholes and it was really comfortable driving the car. I could hear some noise from the rear suspesnion and the advisor said it's because of the road. The suspension is on the stiffer side but would have to drive it more to know all about it. Friend might book the top end automatic so I can check the same when he has the car.

Forgot about the seat ventilation. Will definitely try it someday [:D]

Didn't take much pics since Vipul will be coming up with the detailed review.

Attaching price list for delhi

Attachments

Last edited:
^^Oye, there is only one thing that makes it worth going for Elantra - ventilated seats.
Rest the interior quality and NVH are already top class but those ventilated seats.. ohh that cooling at back and hips is missed in many cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom