Cost of Single VW Vento's Alloy Rs.21K !!

Thread Starter #1
Yes guys read it right , a single alloy wheel for Vento costs 21k![frustration]

We were going to college in my friend's Vento cruising at around 100kmph when suddenly we heard a loud noise and the car started to wobble. I asked my friend to pull over and said its definitely a puncture. The rear left side tyre was full flat and the tyre was torn along the tread at a part , we must have gone over something sharp i guess. After we removed the wheel only we were shocked , the base of the alloy behind the part where the tyre tore was also cracked , infact broken and given way for some 5-6cms.

My friend was a bit worried as he knew nothing can be done other than changing the alloy. He asked for an approximate price and i said being an VW i said it should be around 10k. We called the dealership and got a shocking quote of 21k for the alloy and around 4k for a new tyre! One dealership did not have the alloy and said it would take 10 days. Luckily another dealer had the stock and said he would change it immediately.

Told this story to my another friend and he told alloy for Polo costs 16k! 16k alloy for a car costing 6Lakhs , VW is seriously ripping its customers off!

Re: Alloy wheel for Vento costs 21k??!!

21k for a single alloy![shock]
He would have got 4 new different design from outside I guess. Also if this is going to happen after buying a alloy of 21k; then it is SIMPLY USELESS. I guess Raj works in VW, he could share the price of the same in Mumbai; just for knowledge. [roll]

AMG

Suspended

16K for Fabia alloy too.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

Yes and if its 21k for Vento then i can't imagine the fate of Jetta and Passat owners! The SA also said he has never seen anything like this till now in any of their cars. He tried to blame us saying we would have been driving with the flat tyre for a long time but we pulled over right away afterall it created a loud noise too!

I also suggested him to sell the remaining three alloys and get completely new after-market alloys but he is not comfortable with that , he wants OE alloys only. Yeah even i want Raj to confirm the price.

@ AMG Oh , is it? Then seriously VW and Skoda are damn costly cars to maintain!

21K for a single alloy wheel is surely a rip off. Even if alloys are not manufactured from here, It shouldn't cost this much. [:)] Yeah for that money one can go for some other nice set of alloys.

^^On another forum a Jetta owner end up opting for aftermarket rims beacuse of the high cost of OE alloys. Seems like the best thing to do will be to ditch the OE set and get something from aftermarket.

^^On another forum a Jetta owner end up opting for aftermarket rims beacuse of the high cost of OE alloys. Seems like the best thing to do will be to ditch the OE set and get something from aftermarket.
Yeah I agree with Spandy.Its better to get aftermarket alloys when the OEM ones are pricey as in the vento.[cry]

Considering the market cost of alloy of other manufacturers
They are charging huge brand price huh.
Name should be changed from volkswagen to Lootere[gun]

@dhaya,is that red Polo,which i saw at the Expo?
He could have changed to aftermarket rims easily with some more cash back in hand.
Suppose,if he wants OE rim only,then also he could have checked it with any alloy wheel dealer,where he would have had exchanged rims with him,which is very very cheap when compared to this price.
NOTE;The wheel cap of our model of Verna(2006) is arond 8k for set of four with central cap.When enquired through my friend at Hyundai,he said that the central cap is costly as it is hard to get outside.
Even my car had only three central caps when i changed to alloys,as the central cap was not fixed properly at the wheel allignment centre.

We all know that the maintainance is costly for VW. But after seeing this post, IMO this is nothing but a daylight robbery from VW!!!

@Dhaya: Why is your friend still interested in OEM Alloy wheels after this incident?

verna

Suspended

Yes and if its 21k for Vento then i can't imagine the fate of Jetta and Passat owners! The SA also said he has never seen anything like this till now in any of their cars. He tried to blame us saying we would have been driving with the flat tyre for a long time but we pulled over right away afterall it created a loud noise too!

I also suggested him to sell the remaining three alloys and get completely new after-market alloys but he is not comfortable with that , he wants OE alloys only. Yeah even i want Raj to confirm the price.

@ AMG Oh , is it? Then seriously VW and Skoda are damn costly cars to maintain!
21 K for a single alloy? or for all 4 ? VW[frustration]
Why doesn't he go for normal alloys available in the market like NEO or PLATI ?? how much will they cost(on an average) for 1(if available)? How much will he have to shell out if he has to replace all 4 ???
POOR FELLOW !!! I feel bad for him [sad]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #15
@ Surendar No this is my friend's Vento not Polo , he is my classmate now. Now the other suggestion which you have given is great but i think its already too late , he must have changed the alloys by now. 8k for a set of four wheels caps s again too much but 21k for one alloy , i just cannot believe it!

@ Raj Thanks for the confirmation bro , but nearly 3.5k difference in price , why is that?

@ Truecitylover I don't know , maybe he wants his car to look like stock. I din't want to force him. If i was in his case i would have switched to after-market alloys the same day!

@ Verna 21k for just a single alloy! Like i said before he is not interested in after-market alloys. A single alloy outside starts from around 5k i think , not sure. And no he doesn't have to change all four , just the broken one. Totally he has to pay around 25k including new tyre.

Top Bottom