Cost of Single VW Vento's Alloy Rs.21K !!

Hyundai Verna alloys cost 21k?!?!? Jesus Christ. I knew VW was into daylight robbery but I didn't know Hyundai joined the ranks too. I don't recommend Hyundais to anyone nowadays (No offence to Hyundai owners. I'm a Hyundai owner myself). This is one more point in my defence [evil] [frustration]
But another point to consider regarding VW is that aftermarket alloys for a VW/Skoda are hard to come by. I searched for 15" alloys for my Polo in so many shops but there are only 3 or 4 models and none to my taste. Most have a cheap look and the good looking ones either have 8 holes or 114 PCD. It's difficult to find Lensos or other good brands in TVM, Kerala.

Anyone from tvm who can recommend good tyre shops to me? I've tried New Bharath tyres but they have very few alloys that suit the Polo.

Last edited:
what??? I have seen 4 set of alloys for polo for about 28K.
We are talking about the OEM Highline alloys for the Polo and Vento. It does cost that much. I had checked at EVM Motors, TVM. It is insanely expensive. No one in their right mind would buy those from them. This is not day-light robbery. This is more like mass murder.

And EVM Motors also sells Neo alloys. But at a very high price. When I called them yesterday to ask them about warranty problems if I buy alloys from outside, they said suspension, steering etc warranty "COULD" be affected if I do so. When I told them that they (EVM Motors) sell aftermarket Neo alloys, the lady there gave me some cock-and-bull story of how they are approved by VW and they are specially balanced for VW cars. I said if I buy the exact same alloys from outside for half the price, will it affect the warranty and she finally understood that I'm not the average-Joe who will buy her stories and she said no problem and that the warranty will not be affected.

^^ I know,only the highline has alloys. you can get used ones for 25K for sets.(highline ones).
We are talking about brand new alloys from the showroom.
Used OEM alloys are being sold from Rs. 20k onwards for a set of 4 (that's the cheapest I've seen on another forum.

We were just talking about how much VW OEM alloys cost. That's all. Like I said, no one in their right mind would buy a new alloy from the showroom. I'd rather buy slightly used OEM ones that are for sale (you can buy all 4 for the price you pay for a new one at the showroom) and keep the other 3 alloys as spare for future use (God forbid)

It is too late but want to inform Vento / Polo car owner. I went to the service center and ask for change the alloy wheel which was damage. He gives 21K price which is 6 spoke. Adviser gives me more info as it is made in Germany and imported in India. But adviser gives me news that new alloy wheel are 7 spoke cost approx 5100 INR which is made in India now. Why don’t you take 4 wheels which cost approx 23000.

Last edited:
It is too late but want to inform Vento / Polo car owner. I went to the service center and ask for change the alloy wheel which was damage. He gives 21K price which is 6 spoke. Adviser gives me more info as it is made in Germany and imported in India. But adviser gives me news that new alloy wheel are 7 spoke cost approx 5100 INR which is made in India now. Why don’t you take 4 wheels which cost approx 23000.
Which alloy wheel they are selling for Rs.5100?Planning to get one for our Vento Highline Diesel.

I'm confused. While I was waiting for taking delivery of vento, I noticed a vento/polo alloy wheel for 3800rs. Didn't give it much of a thought then. Shocked to see the price as 21k.

Btw, I saw it in Ramani VW in Coimbatore.

Top Bottom