Corolla Altis base variant or C segment top variant?

Thread Starter #1
There are some cars with same power of altis which comes under C- segment with lot of features. But Altis is a segment higher and it also has a base variant starting just one lakh above those C-segment cars like Verna,Honda City,New fiesta,SX4 etc.

I prefer Altis D4-D J than other C-segment cars. [drive]
What's your opinion though?

Depends on one's requirement , if its going to be mainly highway drives and its going to be driven by a driver then one can go for Altis as it will be more comfortable at the back with good legroom.

My choice will be a fully loaded C-segment sedan like Vento or Verna because i don't like buying base variants and Altis as such doesn't impress me much when compared to Vento or the new Fluidic Verna.

350Z

Core Team
Yes. This decision would be hugely influenced on individual preferences, opinions and the requirements. But personally, I would choose a City, Linea or Verna over it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I prefer a fully loaded c segment(it may sometimes change when I gets into the The real situation though).
See,
VW vento is more power ful than altis, Verna too is powerful than altis.
I think optra magnum is also available around this price range and remember optra too belongs to the segemnt higher than of vento/verna.

Thread Starter #6
I know many people who bought top end variants of C-segment cars and now they are advising me to go for a Corolla Altis base variant than any C-segment cars and they are also planning to sell their car and to buy an Altis D4D J variant. According to them Altis base variant is a really VFM car with low maintenance costs when compared to other C or D segment cars. It's prestigious too.:cool:

Last edited:
If you like driving then please avoid Altis. It's noway near being a driver's car. I'll suggest to go for a fully loaded C segment car. You have plethora of choices - City, Vento, ANHV(killer looks maaann). Also, you may have a look at not-so-used Lauras and civics. They are damn good cars and segment above too. A 2009 late or 2010 civic would be my choice.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #9
Consider this simple example

Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 VTVT SX Opt (Rs. 9,06,082) Vs Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 J (Rs. 10,64,290)

Detailed Features Comparison - Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 VTVT SX Opt vs Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 J - CarWale

Verna has more features than Altis and also most important is - it got Airbags!

IMo - it will be Top end C segment.
It's just like comparing a fully feature loaded China mobile phone to a Nokia mobile phone. Altis has a prestigious image [drive]

If you like driving then please avoid Altis. It's noway near being a driver's car. I'll suggest to go for a fully loaded C segment car. You have plethora of choices - City, Vento, ANHV(killer looks maaann). Also, you may have a look at not-so-used Lauras and civics. They are damn good cars and segment above too. A 2009 late or 2010 civic would be my choice.

freakdude.
I always prefer a brand new car than a second hand one. Moreover our roads are not meant to performance tests and Altis could give a decent performance ie: more than enough on our roads.

It seems you have already made your decision. If yes, then stick to it and buy what your heart says. Altis is a good car made by a good manufacturer but it is buffoonery to mention it as Nokia and others as China mobile. Other C-segs like Linea, ANHV are best performers in Diesel and come fully loaded for that price.

IMO, the brand image you are talking about is something which has been just bloated and nothing else. There would be many users on this forum who hate Toyota like anything for giving them a sub-standard car per them.

It's just like comparing a fully feature loaded China mobile phone to a Nokia mobile phone. Altis has a prestigious image
No way , Altis is not at all a head turner. ( IMO )
BTW This is not nokia vs china phone it might be nokia vs samsung or Balckberry etc. Nokia is loosing now very fast.[;)]

Go in altis to any villege and see. Then go in scorpio/Safari and see the difference.

If for prestigious image I will go with Aria/Safari/Scorpio simply as its a BIG car image.

Altis nowhere has a prestige image. It is boring to say the least, has a lot of body roll and rear end sprungs like anything on slightest of potholes.

If you dont like used cars then i guess your best bet would be a top end C segment sedan.
Happy Hunting.

freakdude

Thread Starter #13
No way , Altis is not at all a head turner. ( IMO )
BTW This is not nokia vs china phone it might be nokia vs samsung or Balckberry etc. Nokia is loosing now very fast.[;)]

Go in altis to any villege and see. Then go in scorpio/Safari and see the difference.

If for prestigious image I will go with Aria/Safari/Scorpio simply as its a BIG car image.
Scorpios and Safaris may work in villages in states other than Kerala. Here in Kerala most people even villagers knew well about each and every car :biggrin:

Altis nowhere has a prestige image. It is boring to say the least, has a lot of body roll and rear end sprungs like anything on slightest of potholes.

If you dont like used cars then i guess your best bet would be a top end C segment sedan.
Happy Hunting.

freakdude
Prestigious image of a car is not in the springs but in people's mind :lol!:

Thread Starter #14
It seems you have already made your decision. If yes, then stick to it and buy what your heart says. Altis is a good car made by a good manufacturer but it is buffoonery to mention it as Nokia and others as China mobile. Other C-segs like Linea, ANHV are best performers in Diesel and come fully loaded for that price.

IMO, the brand image you are talking about is something which has been just bloated and nothing else. There would be many users on this forum who hate Toyota like anything for giving them a sub-standard car per them.
I am not talking about brand image but the luxurious image of Corolla Altis in India. Even if Altis has a stripped down variant, this base variant is also considered as a D segment car. [glasses]

I am not talking about brand image but the luxurious image of Corolla Altis in India. Even if Altis has a stripped down variant, this base variant is also considered as a D segment car. [glasses]
I guess all you want is an image of luxury and not actual luxury. The SPRINGS of Altis will throw you in all possible directions inside the car, then we can again come back to this thread and discuss that whether Altis has luxury or image of luxury.

freakdude.

Top Bottom