Convert your CD / Radio Head Unit to MP3 player

It has be connected through a car mobile charger and the output to an AUX in connection.
Similar to the gadget in the first post I think. I haven't seen it though. Just got the pictures and info from the net. I guess it has to be fixed ito the dashboard or other convenient place with screws. There's probably a cable with a plug that goes into the lighter socket and another one which goes into the AUX in of the stereo.

Its simple RSM

Just keep in any of your Din or even your dash!

Connect it to 12V charger & give the output to Aux-In port of your Head Unit.

It works!

RSM, it's just a 3.5 mm audio pin which needs to be inserted into headphone socket of phone.

But if you are specifically looking for iPod, than ask the Blaupunkt Dealer for this cable.
Grandeur, today i enquired about Aux-In cable @ TMC Electronics (i think they are authorized blaupunkt service center in Bangalore). The guy there showed me 2 cables, one was of black color cable and one in white color. He said black color cable is local and cost Rs. 250 and other cable he told is from Blaupunkt and cost is Rs. 600/650. Any idea??

Thread Starter #36
Grandeur, today i enquired about Aux-In cable @ TMC Electronics (i think they are authorized blaupunkt service center in Bangalore). The guy there showed me 2 cables, one was of black color cable and one in white color. He said black color cable is local and cost Rs. 250 and other cable he told is from Blaupunkt and cost is Rs. 600/650. Any idea??
Hey RSM, It's the black cable which I got fitted on my blaupunkt system. One end is with 3.5mm Jack and other end is with two small female pin which into back side of head unit.

I was not offered the white one. But I feel it does not make any difference, Rs 650 is charged may be just because of Brand name. :) Cheers!

Do share, if it fits fine in ur car.

Thanks for your quick reply, really appreciate it.

Yes definetly, i will update you.
You are the one who spread this knowledge, otherwise i would have never thought (you know i have done my engineering in Electronics ;-).

Re: Convert your CD/Radio Head Unit to MP3 player

Guy's there is another way you could convert ur Head Unit to Mp3 Player. At even more lower cost (Rs 200 Only) and if the 3.5 mm audio pin connected with your phone it turn out to be doing few of Blue & Me jobs [;)]. I take/make calls while driving, music get pause and car speakers works as a phone speaker and mic remains same as of phone.

Visit any near by Blaupunkt Dealer and ask him for a AUX cable (Rs 200 only) and rest he will take care of it. It's just 15 min job and your head unit will turn out to be workgin as good as Emotion Pack [:)]. The sound quality sounds more crisp and more effective when played through decent MP3 player or good music edition phone.

Here are few picture, how it had been done. (I'm sure it may effect warranty), but I checked with Balupunkt, such alteration doeasn't effect the head unit as it has been designed such way and Infact, its the same head unit used in Emotion Pack, its just the cable used in two different variants is giving different output.
@ Grandeur

I am searching for this cable but most of the stores are not aware of these. Few of them have original cable which cost 600bucks. All of the stores includes authrorised stored also.

Please help me to get this cable or may be some workaround to attach cable manually. Rs600 is very expensive.Where can I get this cable. I am residing at borivali and tried searching for this cable till santacruz - milan subway. No success to find this cable. Please help me. I am having Blaupunkt Mumbai MP26 MP3/CD Player which has AUX output behind the player.

Mukesh - mukeshmonga@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Mukesh, check Blaupunkt authorised dealer, as per website it is -
Auto Sonics(India) Pvt Ltd
Ground Floor, Deccan Court Building, S.V. Road, Bandra West, Mumbai 400 050

Phone
(+91) 9930310904
Fax
(+91) 22 26406726

support@autosonics.in
AutoSonics Group
Rs. 600 is ok for original Aux-in cable, aftermarket might come cheaper.

@RSM. You are right. But the idea which @Grandeur has shared is also worth it. He said that there are local cables available in the market for 200bucks. Thats a good deal and wanted to know where are these available.

Mukesh, check Blaupunkt authorised dealer, as per website it is -

Rs. 600 is ok for original Aux-in cable, aftermarket might come cheaper.

USB connectivity for a non USB car tape (HU)

When I had purchased car in 2006 company had given ICE free to us.
It is a Maruti ICE (by kenwood) + Front and back speakers.
As the tape was 6 old the HU does not have USB connectivity.It supports only CD and FM.

CD's often get scratched and I cant have many CD's in my car every-time its quite annoying to use CD's.

FM stations here in Pune are pathetic.they continuously play irritating songs all day.

So I was searching for info about how to connect a USB pen-drive to existing car tape.

I was not willing to spend extra to change the existing HU as it is working quite well only missing USB connectivity.

So I got external USB connector in a local car accessories shop.

It is basically a FM transmitter Chinese device.

All it requires a Socket to connect in cigarette lighter slot. (cost 200 Rs)
Chinease Transmitter device (cost Rs 500) (6 months warranty)

To this device we can connect -
1. A USB pen-drive (8 GB)
2. i pod/i phone
3. Memory card

There is also a nice remote control - to change songs and to set frequency.

Total cost is Rs 700

Sound quality is good.

No I enjoy the songs which I like during driving [thumbsup]

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: USB connectivity for a non USB car tape (HU)

Hi, congrats this looks like very VFM equipment non usb music system users !

Hi, congrats this looks like very VFM equipment non usb music system users !
Yes specially those who have old ICE or got low budget for ICE

thats a good DIY, but can you get the controls on your current system or that hardware gives you buttons to support, vol.files adjustments?

Top Bottom