Considering Buying TVS Apache RTR 180

Suspension
Source- Wikipedia
Sorry for being OT, let me add some points to what wiki says.

In simple terms,
Spring rate, caster, camber, etc are suspension parameters
Damping, ride, handling, roll, etc are suspension characteristics
characteristics are the outcome of certain parameters.

Regarding RTR suspension, it is tuned on the stiffer side (when compared with Pulsar) to have better handling characteristics.
Softer suspension with sufficient damping will give you a better ride characteristics (it is mostly termed as Ride Comfort) On the other hand during cornering or uneven surfaces, this has an adverse effect. Frequent & longer suspension travel will shift the CG (center of Gravity) and affect stability. Whereas with a stiffer suspension, stroke / suspension travel is very limited / controlled so that the CG shift is very minimal.

Not arguing with you sir,this is from my knowledge[;)]
Healthy arguments are always welcome dude [;)]
I don't mean I'm always right, I spell out only when I knew something (atleast a pinch of salt) about the subject, otherwise I'm more comfortable in listening what others say.[:)]

Well, I own Apache RTR 180 2010 model.
Positives:
Acceleration.
Seat comfort(initially it was difficult but then you will love it).
Suspension.
Negatives:
Low mileage.
Not for a long riders.
Vibration above 90km(but manageable).
Finally, its a Lovers bike.

Well, I own Apache RTR 180 2010 model.
Positives:
Acceleration.
Seat comfort(initially it was difficult but then you will love it).
Suspension.
Negatives:
Low mileage.
Not for a long riders.
Vibration above 90km(but manageable).
Finally, its a Lovers bike.
As you told sir
If you get used to ride position then it's okay.
I actually felt cumbersome as I am a person who loves to have nice position and comfort while riding.

Yeah! You can go for it if you not going to mishandle this bike - "I mean rash drive".

One of the best feature in this bike is ABS. Even I was in dilemma while buying my bike. I too have shortlisted 180 ABS but at last moment I declined it and purchase FZ.

If you are going for Apache, then 180 ABS is an good choice. Other Apache variant may not be VFM. The ABS surely adds a value to the bike. But you should learn to timely maintain ABS system properly - It may be costly to maintain - Check with TVS Service Engineers.

+VE thing :

- ABS
- powerful engine
- easy maneuvering
- looks very good [specially white colour]
- material finish and quality well maintained
- No bike at this price with such good feature and engine

- VE things :

- improper riding posture for daily commute [you need to get use to that posture, otherwise pain in palm and lower back]
- tyre from TVS are really hard [need to switch to Michelin's, Continental, Pirelli's]
- need a little more wider tyre [130/80 x R17]
- missing lean sensor [considering it as a sport bike]
- need to service regularly to keep engine running smoothly.

One more thing, if you are tall person [above 5'10"], then Apache may not be comfortable for you.

Well you have other choice if you give a chance.
- Yamaha FZ v2.0
- Suzuki Gixxer
- Honda 150 CBR
- Yamaha R15
- Bajaj 200NS
- KTM Duke 200

Thread Starter #20
But you should learn to timely maintain ABS system properly - It may be costly to maintain - Check with TVS Service Engineers.

- VE things :

- tyre from TVS are really hard [need to switch to Michelin's, Continental, Pirelli's]

One more thing, if you are tall person [above 5'10"], then Apache may not be

can you please eaborate on maintaining abs?

also should i consider changing tyres as soon as i buy the bike or after warranty period is over?

Yes Mr.KB1010.ABS dosen't need that much Maintainence as it is taken good care even in Normal Servicing.Please change the Tyres as soon as you finish warranty

can you please eaborate on maintaining abs?

also should i consider changing tyres as soon as i buy the bike or after warranty period is over?
Yes ABS sensor need to be calibrated regularly [ever year or so...] to a standards. Regular check up of brake pad in the disk brakes. Keep sensor clean with normal water and avoid mud accumulating on it.

You can change the tyre immediately after purchase [but will void warranty] or a year after. It is your decision how you deal with it.

Normally bike warranty is around 15000kms or 1 year whichever comes first. Extended warranty doesn't not mean anything coz its only for engine and gearbox and if you going for any mods then it will void again. So think before buying a extended warranty.

Thread Starter #23
does anybody know if there are going to be any discounts or offers during new year time?[:D]
or they are dependent on dealer?

I use That My Wallpaper Mr.Amit.I took it from TVS Site ! Awesome looking bike.A worthy successor to the legendary Fire-breather,The Suzuki Shogun.Same here.I became the fan of this bike and TVS only after seeing this image.I mean I know Pulsar 200 NS is faster but This is the one for 2-stroke lovers especially Shogun and Supra.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
What I like the most in Apache 180 is the white color, the graphics style, the bodyline of the bike. The below image couldn't resist me from strongly recommending APACHE 180 ABS.
yes i have booked the same white coloured 180 abs! waiting time one moth! :(

anybody can advice on rpm regimes to follow when the bike is new?

Awesome,Bro.Yours will be the first RTR 180 ABS in The Automotive India.Don't cross over the 4000 RPM Mark before completing 250 KMS and don't cross 5000 RPM Mark before completing the 500 KMs and Don't cross the 7000 RPM Mark before completing 750 KMs and Don't redline it at any of these KMS or before 1000 KMS.Don't go over 60 Kmh in any gear before 500 KMs and slowly start increasing speed every 100 KMs you add on,on the Odometer.Have fun with your RTR after completing 1000 KMs mark.But,Redlining will sure harm your engine,Be it any age.

Thread Starter #30
so I got a surprise call from tvs! the bike has already come though they said I ll have to waot for a month! ;)

but unfprtunately I mleaving for mumbai so I can take delivery only after jan 6th! :(

Top Bottom